1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Are they letting Fertitta open a Kemah boardwalk on South Beach or something?

2. Fantasma Negro

3. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

If the swap is ability for us to swap a second for an unprotected first mayyyyyybe that's not terrible. If it's a normal first round pick swap we should have just held on to Dipo for an S&T.

mikenm268 likes this.
  4. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

So no pick and no young player. Awesome...

5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

How do all the homies here who've been arguing over the star potential of Herro feel about Kelly Olynyk? Time well spent guys.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

BTW both incoming players are on expiring contracts (Bradley has a 2021-22 team option for 5.9M).

7. Fantasma Negro

8. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Bumping to say that making the Heat better so we possibly get a worse first round pick is also bad. The swap has to be a second for a first.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This would make me happy.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This team is absolutely pathetic.

HorryForThree likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

We are a poverty franchise.

hongxingli likes this.
  12. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

PJ got a better haul!

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeVert is basically a younger Victor with less D ... I rather have the cap space and buyout Wall

15. HardenVolumeOne

thats crazy when you think about it, but might be true

DreamQuake likes this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

What a terrific trade. Opens up room for our future franchise player kpj and also builds good will for future free agents knowing we will honor their wishes. Stone keeps winning!

RudyTBag and NIKEstrad like this.
  17. juanming

juanming Member

Well being that dipo and Miami have been talkin I'm guessing that Dipo told the heat and stone I'm not re-signing with anybody other than Miami Heat so Miami had all the leverage we were totally screwed we should have never trade for Dipo in the first place

That's the real problem is that stone or the owner thought that a 28,29 yr Dipo would be good on a rebuilding team what a huge mistake that was

plus before we even picked up Dipo it was all over the Internet that he wanted to go to Miami so I don't know why the hell we got him in the first place

I think when the Rockets made the Harden trade they thought they were better than they really were and they had silly expectations of making the playoffs with dipo now they look silly because they lost 20 straight(this is why and proof as to why the win now strategy is so shortsighted and stupid and always backfires especially if you're rebuilding)( tilman and stone need to understand it's going to take several years to rebuild because it's so many holes and they need to quit trading for vets and players that are good people and good in the community, who cares if someone is "solid" , we need to rebuild)

I dont like DJ Augustin on this team we need minutes for porter.. I mean they are so desperate to win silly meaningless game which will cost our draft pick

The fact that they are playing John Wall so many minutes even before porter got injured, is why I'm so upset and worried... I don't think a backcourt of Porter and John will work because they are both primary ball-handlers and poor outside shooters

I mean I'm seriously beginning to think if Porter went to Stone and silas right now and said "start me or trade me".. I bet they would trade porter just cuz they are to sissy to buyout wall

Man they seriously do not know how to rebuild from the ground up do they?

so hopefully they keep losing so they can get a good draft pick hopefully they don't botch the draft pick and hopefully they don't trade the draft pick for a vet to win now

HP3 likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Cap space for what, at least Lavert would have netted you better assets, this hurts our tank and we got garbage for it.

20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Trading away Allen and Levert for basically nothing has crippled this franchise. This is not a 'hindsight is 20-20' deal. It was stupid at the time, and has only looked more stupid as time has gone on. What an idiotic FO.