1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Scalabrine challeging people 1 on 1

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lihao, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

43 year old Scal would smash the majority of this board in a basketball match (I know some of you guys used to play pro ball so I'm not sure what the result would be in that case). As so many people have stated, NBA players are NBA players for a reason. If you're good enough to play in the league, chances are you'd have made it at some point or another.

We shouldn't compare our hobbies to other peoples' livelihoods...

2. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

“I'm closer to LeBron than you are to me."
    - Brian Scalabrine

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Unless you were a pro ball player (G-league) or elite college player, you ain't going to beat White Mamba in a 1 on 1. He played 10 years in the NBA and it's not like he lost any athleticism since he never had any.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Every generation tries to test Scal, Lol. Scal be walking into open runs looking like the lamest person on earth on propose looking for violence.

chadyang, dreamshakin and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

The video is recent because Scale has a mask and it's tik tok.

If the kid gave his shoes; is it even Scal's size? :p

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If he wasn't such a legend, he could make a living hustling on playgrounds preying on the unsuspecting. :D

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean... @TWS1986 and i could prolly take him 2 on 1, easy.

TWS1986 likes this.
  8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Let's run some ball Monica. No doubt.

Jontro likes this.
  9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

not the same but related, i liked the video of mike miller about a year ago where he just schooled some D1 guy (or maybe a recruit?). dude averaged 1 ppg at age 37 in the nba and yet at age 40 he just made the other guy look like nothing.

10. SunsRocketsfan

No one on this board stands a chance against a nba player.

If it was just shooting than yes I'm sure we can outshoot some players like Shaq ;)

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Michael Rappaport has accepted the challenge.

chadyang likes this.
  12. So Saith Red

So Saith Red Member

You'd be wrong.

rockbox, chadyang and FrontRunner like this.
  13. DonatelloLimestone

yep, this. I’ve played decent level, and in d1 you see guys yearly who are really really good, they still can’t sniff the 400 or less nba roster.
    Then you think about size, he’s like 6,8/6,9, strong, agile, and can shoot. Even decent college pg would have a fight to compete with him .
    It’s sad the narrative of him being some joke took off, at least he gets a snicker as these idiots keep challenging him

14. DonatelloLimestone

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

One of my friends, who was one of the top high school point guards in San Antonio back in the early 80's, was playing pick-up ball on a court next George Gervin and other pro's. Some people left, and the pro's were down a guy to run a game, so George yelled at my buddy and asked if he wanted to run. My buddy could never get the ball past half court without getting the ball stolen from him. He said it was the most humbling experience he had ever had. It's not like he thought he could hang with pros, but he couldn't even dribble the ball up the court without it getting stolen. Having his childhood hero on the court made it worse.