1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This all makes it better for Stone/Dipo. Sure Lowry got playoff experience and is a hard worker but if I'm going to:

-Have to trade away important pieces and/or draft picks
    -Agree to an extension for a player turning 36 when next season starts

I'd say "I'm good. What was Stone asking for Vic again?"

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Sixers pony this up for Lowry, imagine if Stone gave them chance to counter for Harden.

LOL

mikenm268, Vivi, Nook and 2 others like this.
  3. steddinotayto

I'd hate to think what Masai is asking in return for Powell

"Rafael, don't bother calling me if you don't throw in that Christian Wood fellow"

D-rock likes this.
  4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He’s McGee terrible?

REEKO_HTOWN and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

You and me both! @Deuce

But it's going to come down to FRP.

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Exactly, market value says otherwise

7. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

McGee hardly played in playoffs last year and was pretty much benched after the first round, they gave 2 SRP and Hartenstein, that's a bit desperate

HTown_TMac likes this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

I like Lowry but that's a high asking price, lol

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Vooch traded then Magic are committing to Bamba.

Weird ass organization.

They ignored him for 3 years and are now willing to go all in by dumping their only All Star.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. RLP55

RLP55 Member

VO to NYK should have been the play from the allstar break. Addition by subtraction. VO out KPJ up from the G, into the starting lineup.

Hopefully, Stone didn't get greedy/cocky. If he gets left standing at the altar, WTF? Still have faith Silas is ready to play with the big boys.

ApacheWarrior and sydmill like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hero must be like a favorite nephew figure of Riley. Sometimes these coaches / GM’s develop emotional ties to a player. Because if you don’t give him up for ANYONE....some of these GM’s are going to see their teams stuck in neutral.

And Morey should tell Ujiri to ***k his ***k if he thinks he’s getting Maxey, Thybulle, and two firsts.

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  13. jogo

jogo Member

I think it's going to be a slow trade day. But good teams should make moves as the Lakers may be vulnerable. We should make moves to help with the tank.

If trading Wall is really a possibility then 100% sign me up. I don't believe it is, but who knows? Have Lowry go to a team with no interest in Wall and then other teams that want a PG might ask? Would I trade a first to lose Wall, hm don't know. Wall does help us tank...

I'm for picks and a young player. No to AG, I just don't see it with him. He's the type of player that would've killed with Harden on our team. With Harden out it's just not the same.

Looks like we need a young big in trade, if possible. Lauri can't play D so he's out for me. All this Miami talk bores me: Herro and Robinson are vastly overrated.

We'll probably get some weird trade that no one saw coming. That's fine as long as well get some value and continue to tank.

randerson and ROXTXIA like this.
  14. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Correction, have faith Stone can play with the big boys. The Riley's, Morey, and Ainge. As for Silas, I haven't got a clue.

ashleyem likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

It could also be the case of not wanting to look bad now. Like, why the hell were you hesitant on trading Herro for one of the greatest players ever in Harden but you're okay sending him off for Lowry?

16. mightybosstone

Almost four hours until deadline. Either we're in the calm before the storm, or this is going to be a very boring, very disappointing day.

Either way, I look forward to refreshing every 30 seconds with you gentlemen.

D-rock likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

There were articles out there of GMs stating it would be a boring deadline. I want it to be wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Lonzo will stay put. I'm sure something will get figured out in Miami/Toronto deal. Sounds like Kyle is definitely Miami bound, which would kill Miami's cap space in the summer to offer Dipo the type of contract he is looking for, therefore, making him more attractive to Knicks/Atlanta I guess.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Heat reuniting Dragic and Lowry like 10 years later?

D-rock likes this.