1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Sources: Houston Rockets progressing in talks to trade Victor Oladipo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So.

It's on the 2 yard line?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

“personal reason” huh

[​IMG]

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Good, bye bye. Take Gordon and Wall with you please.

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Update anyone? This was from over an hour ago. How many 1sts did we end up getting?

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes it's a balancing act indeed on a tight rope with eyes closed. But chance at top 4 pick could be tremendous towards the rebuild. And if the ping pongs don't land in our favor then so be it.

I know Wall is looked down here, but most places outside of CF's think he has done pretty good after a two year hiatus. Has he been thinking assists,
    No, more like trying to get finish towards the rim mastered. Not a fan of Wall, but I'm ok with him using this time to rehab......goes with the tank effort.
    Do I think he can go back to around 42% ast%.....yes. Do I think he will be worth $44 million next season......No. But I don't think any player is
    worthy of that much money per season. Handed lemons, make lemon cake. Try to build up trade value for next trade deadline.

Most important cause is convincing Wood and now Aaron Gordon (if we obtain him) that we are closer to the playoffs then, say year one of the 76ers
    "Process" of 7 years.

Feathers ruffled in the last 30 games remaining doesn't worry me.......do I think these players obtained can click next season, sure.

Porter, Wall, Eric Gordon, C Wood, Aaron Gordon, Tate plus others obtain thru our fire sale have the making of a good team. Cade Cunningham
    or Jalen Green or one of your guys Evan Mobley could make the future bright enough for both Aaron Gordon and Wood to wish to extend with us.
    Add Porter to that as well. I see Cade as a bigger Jason Kidd, Ben Simmons cross. Jalen Green I can see as a lesser Kobe/M Jordan. I watched
    him in their final Ignite game.....he is going to be good.

Watched Evan Mobley in his first game of tournament, I see hm as a duplicate of Wood.....but why not? Foundation will be set. Free agent pickup as well as we should have some money to spend.....let's see if Aaron will sign an extension at end of this season.....if not we have next season to try to wow him.

D-rock and rkh-dog like this.
  10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Fire her. Putting this out doesn’t actually help the Rockets in any way.

11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Dude no one is saying we should sign him. Infact I was happy he didn't sign the extension. I am just saying they statement is correct they would have his birds rights. That is not a statement about if he will sign

Also you should make like dipo and leave this sorry franchise.

D-rock and Sep11ie like this.
  12. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I like couple of Hawks young players. They need more experienced players in the playoff roster mix, so Dipo makes sense as an experienced 2 way player. Okongwu is a defensive prospect. Kevin Huerter (19th pick) is a nice 6'7" shooter at age 22 that has shown flashes. Youngin' with whatever Hawks need to facilitate along with their first round pick would good.

D-rock likes this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I'm glad she did. People already speculating on here about why he is out and that means people are prob tweeting him and stuff too. Good to know that we should all just leave him be

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

ESPN home page if the Rockets don't trade Oladipo to the Lakers "After death of his friend, Oladipo gets traded by Houston"

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely not. She is the only rocket worth watching right now.

saleem, HakeemOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  16. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Fire her? Really? She's doing her job.

Insanity.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Not the funnest thing to do but it may be interesting to see who sits out tonight that may not normally.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

Lmao, dude came out retirement to rebuke my post! Forgot how many white knights we have laying dormant on message boards. Calm down guys, I don’t really want them to fire her. That was not meant to be taken so literal.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Is there anyway the Rockets can get a pick for vo and then trade that pick to OKC in exchange for avoiding the pick swap in this year's draft?