1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The numbers support the opinion that Harden is the best offensive player of all time. Those are just facts and only casuals deny it. You put him on the floor with 4 legitimate offensive threats of any caliber and he will get you more points than any player in league history.

#3861 rockbox, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    fckbandwagons, ksny15 and clos4life like this.
  2. SmallBallDoesntWork

Other than woj slapping me in the face with the horrible market for an Oladipo trade. He mentioned that it seems like Redick will be headed to Brooklyn via buyout. Must be nice putting all these shooters around James.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why wouldn't the ring chasers come to Houston?

Rocket River likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Which are the facts you are talking about?

One can make a fact-based argument about Harden being the best offensive player of all time, but it's also true that one can make a fact-based argument for others players being the best offensive player of all time.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh I wonder why. such a mystery. not really :rolleyes:

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

JJ and Tobias Harris had an interesting interaction on JJs podcast. I think he’s going to Phili.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

KD and Kyrie better get ready to carry a tired Harden throughout. Nets without KD / Kyrie is basically Rockets East.

8. HardenVolumeOne

crazy to think the rockets have been lucky enough to have had arguably the greatest defensive player and offensive player of an era

9. Mr. Space City

he has a case

[​IMG]

People with small brains tend to thing best scorer = best offensive player. There might be better scorers than Harden, but when you factor scoring WITH passing, not many players in front of Harden. Kobe could never led the league in assist. I've watched games where Kobe was hell bent on getting 15 assist, but he would completely sacrifice his scoring to get those assist, and he only had 10+ assist games 16 times in his career. Only 2 15+ assist games. Harden could get those with 30-50 points.

No to many players in NBA history with the combination of size, strength, handle, slashing, 3 point shooting ability (especially off the dribble), IQ, vision, passing accuracy, and ability to draw fouls.

If we're talking about best players period, there is more to take in account, like offensive versatility, consistency, play under pressure, clutchness, defense, etc. and that's a different conversation. But just offense, it's an interesting discussion.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Harden is the heart and soul of the Nets.

11. lalala902102001

Apparently Kyrie is taking 3 games off to attend to "family matter" which happens to correlate with his birthday. Meanwhile KD is still out with that hammy injury.

I bet when Harden asked for the trade to BRK he didn't expect that he would have to carry that team just like he did with the Rockets for years when his superstar teammates take game attendance as optional.

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

He's carrying the team, sure, but even without KD and Kyrie they are sooooo much better than the collection of **** that was last years Rockets with Russ or this years Rockets post Russ. I know Harden makes those guys like Claxton and Brown- but at least with them and Harris they have a lot more talent than James was working with last year, especially down House in the bubble.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Harden is simply the greatest scoring/playmaking guard to ever play. The game has never seen such a combination in one player

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Cowherd: "I used to think Harden was disengaged and bad on defense. Now I think he's great!!"

Also Cowherd: "Beal is a great regular season guy who can carry a team to the playoffs"

smh how does this dude still have a job?

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden needs to carry the Nets to stay even with the 76ers for the 1 seed.

Curry's status right now? DNP because his ass hurts.

17. riko

riko Member

Lord oh mighty. What’s Currys highest total assists season? Harden is simply a better playmaker man. Enough

Even a blind ant can see harden is a far superior playmaker.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yea, I didn't get that argument. Curry's a pretty average playmaker. He's honestly best suited as an old school traditional SG.

I don't think either is the best offensive player though. I think both have struggled in the playoffs because neither has the length and athleticism to finish through uncalled fouls and tall bigs consistently.

JumpMan likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Michael Jeffery Jordan is simply the greatest player period. Infact he is the greatest athlete ever.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Harris and Jordan are better than anything we have except for Wood and they are durable.