1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What is Stone waiting for. Lets go.

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No, and hell no. Lavine not an option and you don't throw away your draft picks now when you need to collect assets and create two max slots for 2022 FA. You get a Cunningham now and trade away the detritus to collect more assets that you can then collect more assets from next year, get a lotto pick next year and go into 2022 FA with the ability to let players build a new team from your solid assets. Then you can trade picks for a 3rd/4th star or depth to round out the team. You don't blow your load now on a losing team that will be the same losing team next year. EGo, Exum, Dipo, and Wall need to be gone and you need to see what you can do with the players you get from them in further trade or keeping.

rkh-dog and RudyTBag like this.
  3. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

I'm ok personally with not getting an top of the 1st round pick in Cade, Green or Mobley. They are unknowns. But only ok if we are building around solid known commodities. With that being said, AG is going into his prime. Has gotten better and extended his skillset. Wall, KPJ, Tate, AG and Wood is a solid starting unit that becomes a threat. Replace Tate with House and sure. Gordon, Brown, Nwaba, KMJ are solid bench players. We just need a Wood backup. DJ Wilson has been good but I like that OKC center. He was just big and that's what we need.

If we can turn Oladipo into Siakim or Gordon then we have improved greatly. We are guard heavy. We can always flip others for more players.

BamBam and D-rock like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No man, we have to go ahead and collect our top pick this summer. You cannot settle for not going for that this year and should be incredibly upset if we don't land a top pick. Based on the direction the team appears to want to head, it seems we will be treading water for the foreseeable future with all these stop gap solutions. This is the year to try to get a top pick since we are so freaking close.

Let's not lose sight of our ultimate goal this season. There is zero value in competing and screwing this up.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s pretty decent value IMO...if anything it could be used along with the Blazers pick or the Miami pick if God forbid our pick swap conveys to OKC to move up in this year’s draft

RudyTBag and xaos like this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

Ok Tilman

7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

If the rockets have a middle of the 1st round pick there for the taking, do it. I’m guessing that’s something that’s contingent on the team with the pick seeing if there’s another move out there for them and if not circles back and grabs dipo

raining threes likes this.
  8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has to be New York. They have 2 picks in that 15-20 range and an Oladipo rental might be worth it for Thibs.

I would love to take a long look at Frank Ntilikina. A 22-year-old, 6-4 strong, long guard that would look extremely interesting next to KPJ. He has hit 17 of his 36 three-pointers this year. (Also won't disrupt the tank)

#2309 RudyTBag, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    rkh-dog, sydmill, sirjesse and 2 others like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could be 3 if Okongwu also added.

11. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Parsons left in ‘13 and we didn’t get Ego till ‘16.

However, agree to disagree.

I could see how you could consider Clint the 3rd option during those seasons based on his ppg, but James/CP3 literally threw him the ball out of double teams and was pretty much the extent of his offense.

We ran plays for Ego, he was a primary ball handler (gross) and initiated offense on his own.

Apples and Oranges to their actual roles, usage and touches on offense in my opinion.

RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Makes sense!

Powell not a deal breaker, just prefer the better defenders.

If Magic want FRP, will insist we get Snell.

But that's just me, it's up to Stone.

BamBam likes this.
  13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need a shooter I’ll take Snell

D-rock likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

take it,
    slap Kurucs down,
    and then run

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You know we traded Kurucs with Tucker right lol

D-rock and gfab-babyboi like this.
  16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Uh? what big name in 2022 FA can we pick up? When we get rid of Wall, thats one max slot and i think Lavine should be our next MAX slot. If you do not have a team that look they can win it all...no FA is coming here. Honestly, I was shock that Wood came. Like, Harden, Westbrook and Chris Paul all came via trade. 2022 FA?

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

sry, I meant Cousins

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd trade at least 3 1st to get rid of Sewer

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

My point is, I don't want us to pass up on the opportunities to improve our roster for the future (AG) just to tank for a unknown top pick and what that pick will provide. If both, then lets do it.

It usually takes a player 2-3 years to become a solid player in the league...longer to reach start level. There are definitely some outliers but those are generational. I don't think anyone in this draft is generational. We have Wood stepping into his prime, Wall on the edge of the end of his and solid young budding player in KPJ. Lets not waste their time. If we can build on the roster with known players and still get a top pick do it...else I pass. I don't want to become the Kings, Cavs, Knicks type team that is constantly getting top picks but never rounding the corner into contention.

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Can still do both.

No need to limit our options.