1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I see your point, especially last season with Russ.

But with CP3, the 3rd option was clearly Capela.

And with Dwight, 3rd option was Parsons.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm aware of this. Aaron can be a combo forward for them. They could offer Mo Bamba as well or a future FRP. I'm not saying it will work out, but the Magic would be better off trying to acquire their pick, instead of ending up with a 50 percent chance of acquiring a top 4 pick from the Rockets.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I am not saying they will make the playoffs, I just think from what I have heard that will be their goal.

I don't even know if the Rockets end up making a big trade this deadline, all I know is that they are motivated to do so and they are more involved in talks than anyone other than possibly Miami.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Magic get a young player and so do the Raptors. At most, Rockets send the Washington FRP to the Magic for participating in this trade, but that's it. No one takes long term salary back besides young players.

Seems like a win win for everyone. I'm cool swapping Snell for Powell, whatever makes you happy bro!

D-rock likes this.
  5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

That's what I'm saying though. Pushing for the playoffs is bad for rookies. None of the young stars today even tried in their first year. Playoff means more vet playing time and shorter leashes for rookies. Less room to make mistakes and grow. Trying to make the playoffs next year is a disaster waiting to happen.

Reeko likes this.
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you

treyk3 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Most of the players the Rockets are targeting can be traded if necessary. Someone like Powell can likely be dealt for something fairly close to what he cost the Rockets. Also the Rockets are likely to play a lot of three guard sets. Powell has almost a 7' wingspan, Porter has played SF and has a 6'10" wingspan.... Cunningham has a 7'0" wingspan. Jalen Suggs does not really have a good wingspan, but he would likely play and guard points and would be long enough to guard most SG.

Deuce and NIKEstrad like this.
  8. sydmill

sydmill Member

My things have escalated with Dipo. I have gone from Knox and a second to thinkng that this could be a truly impactful move in the rebuild, second only to the 21 draft.

BamBam likes this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

sirjesse likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Nook

Nook Member

Possibly, but my guess is that would be their goal unless they do not add any more good veteran players.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rejected. :D

groovemachine, BamBam and saleem like this.
  13. saleem

The third option with CP3 was Capela, but Eric clearly became the third option against GS when we went to 7 games with them. Draymond demoralized Clint . He was only able to play well in a couple of games. That made all the difference between victory and defeat along with the terrible injury to CP3. EG needs to be traded. His contract will decrease and he could still be somewhat useful as he was before the groin injury, if he's able to regain his health.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed, and it scares me to think that they might start making shortsighted moves just to be the 8th seed and be able to say they’re “competing”

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know, I'm not finding it so strange. Victor will be gone. Wall probably won't play much due to injury/sitting or trade. EG's certainly not staying past this off-season. KPj is a potential franchise player at PG or combo, but that needs to play out.
    We need guys with size that can handle the rock/ shoot. We also need the best young players within our reach at this point. Talent, regardless of position. (It gives us more flexibility regarding the draft too) Our time frame's not now. That said, I'm leery of things being forced rather than an organic approach. I have zero doubts regarding Stone. He has my total confidence.

#2255 Plowman, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  16. saleem

No, but they can be more important than currency with some luck.

Xopher likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't believe half of everything you hear or see.

Hard core negotiations are going on and those multiple picks are not just for AG, Stone is working on another multi team trade.

3-D chess fam!

jch1911, BamBam and sirjesse like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can’t see why Oladipo wouldn’t be interested in staying in NY long-term...they are much improved

he’ll catch a lot of heat from Knicks fans when he fails to live up to his next big deal...u can’t be in MSG playing as poorly as u did with the Rockets while making 30+ mil...they’d boo his ass

luckyman76, CHAMPBOY and saleem like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's not necessarily a bad option IMO.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ needs to be the PG.

Any other minutes are a waste of his/our time.