1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is no way he can settle cases of sexual assault, he career would be essentially over and it would give grounds for voiding his contract.

He has nothing to lose by going to court, it could actually help him because he can look like he is being wrongly accused.

Right now it's iffy if even they have grounds for a civil case IMO especially if it's found out they give special services.

His reputation is shot but he can be a perv and be a NFL QB but he cannot settle and be thought of as a sexual predator.

cmoak1982 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He will never get it behind him if he settles.

He is never gonna come out of this on top but I don't see how he can be a NFL QB pretty much saying he is a sexual predator.

I don't think he has anything to lose at this point by going to court.

3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

It's got its perks marriage, but not everyone has to get married to be happy.

cmoak1982, Houstunna and jiggyfly like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not a lawyer but that seems like a very weak rebuttal to what Hardin said and as far as I know he did not deny everything he said he has never unfairly treated a woman.

This all seems pretty manic and he definitely wants this tried in the media.

It seems that he really does not want this going to court and is really pushing for a settlement but he has to know that ship has sailed.

sammy and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how honest Watson is being with Hardin... If he is smart he will tell him EVERYTHING. But if that everything includes some pretty embarassing stuff I could see him trying to hide some of it even from his lawyer. If he or his PR guy truly did send a NDA to these women before and/or after these sessions, that will look pretty bad too. Why would you ask them to keep their mouth shut if you didn't do anything wrong?

Conversely, for the lawyers out there...is it weird or a red flag that Buzbee won't reveal the names of these women to the defense? I'm assuming he doesn't have to, but is there kind of an unwritten rule that that information is shared privately to the opposite side when they ask for it? When will that information become public (I assume at some point it HAS to)?

This nightmare has checked off an item on my bucket list that I never knew I wanted until yesterday, which was to see the word "butt hole" written out in a legal document. For that, thank you, Mr. Buzbee.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Never been married? You're misogynistic and a jerk.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that's true, right now there's just a basic outline of the things he did to those women, if it goes to court I imagine there will be even more graphic details of what he did.... plus the women will become real people instead of just "Jane Doe's". The image of real women crying on the stand due to his predatory sexual misconduct will be MUCH harder for him to overcome.

theDude likes this.
  8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Watson did those ladies a favor by allowing them to make money unlicensed.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Yeah, assuming Deshaun actually did wrong.

You do realize women can "cry" fake tears to take advantage of a situation?

You do realize women brag about "fake tear" ability?

sammy and BossHogg713 like this.
  10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Hardin plops down their online ads supported by their John's online reviews, I don't think the courtroom breaks in to singing Lady. No one is gonna look good in this **** show.

REEKO_HTOWN, Houstunna and jiggyfly like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just imagine the courtroom when Dusty cross-examines a puffy-eyed victim and asks her about the selfie she posted with Watson after the alleged assault?

"Is this you smiling and taking a picture with my client bragging about meeting him?"

"Is this your onlyfans page?"

"Is this your text message to a friend talking about hooking up with my client?"

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unquestionably the response from the neckbeard incel crowd will be very predictable. They will call the women lying whores because that's how they view attractive women as a result of their constant rejection by them. It won't matter, normal people don't view women that way.

I think it's a safe assumption that Watson did wrong, the only question is how wrong he was. His best case scenario is that he was habitually breaking the law by soliciting prostitutes and he didn't mistreat any of them. The more likely scenario is that he was habitually breaking the law by seeking out prostitutes and after successfully finding prostitutes who were Instagram thots he made assumptions that all Instagram thots were whores, by doing so he ended up sexually harrassing and sexually assaulting dozens of women who really were just amateur masseuses.

Is it possible that some of these allegations are false or exaggerated? Of course, but it's not very likely that they all are.

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you settle out of court there is no conviction. Public perception is all there is and the NFL can still suspend him for that, but that’s likely just 6-16 games.

He has everything to lose by going to court. Outside of the possibility of a conviction, there could be additional evidence entered that may lead to criminal charges. There will be tons of additional ugly testimony that will be on the record painting him in a negative light. Even without a conviction on assault, he’s very likely going to be shown to be heavily into prostitution. That’s going to hurt him with the public, other teams, the NFL, sponsors.

A conviction will effectively end his career.

He has a lot to lose by going to court. He’ll lose some things by settling, but it’s the much better option.

That’s just my opinion on how it will shake out. Are you saying you think he goes to court, beats this thing and comes out the other side a clean man?

TWS1986 likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Your attempt at being genuine and thoughtful is a fail. You stated Watson's potential illegal activity over and over... yet you didn't mention the women's potential illegal activity (or wrongdoings) even though you already know they were unlicensed.

Stop pandering to women. They don't respect simps like you no matter how much they convince you they do and pretend they respect you.

I can pretty much guarantee you don't attract more women than me. So your incel chatter is just a defense mechanism to justify whatever you're going through. Do better

sammy and Pistol Pete like this.
  15. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

It's not likely that any of these women operating as Instagram thots were not being propositioned by other "clients". If they made prominent disclosures in their ads dressed in conservative clothing that they were professional therapeutic massage only, it would lessen their chances of a horndog like Watson from even contacting them.

No one is arguing that Watson didn't act inappropriately here. His defense is he treated someone presenting herself as a hooker like a hooker.

Houstunna and jiggyfly like this.
  16. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

To expand upon the unlicensed part. That's actually illegal in itself to massage for hire and a red flag for other activities. It's not believable that women would think a professional athlete would seek her out for an unlicensed amateur therapeutic only massage especially at an inflated rate. What exactly do the women think the client thinks he is paying more than the going rate for an amateur massage for?

#1336 Pistol Pete, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    jiggyfly and Houstunna like this.
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Is that a new complaint or did you come up with that line yourself?

verse and Roc Paint like this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’d imagine he would’ve called in a fox hole as crazy as all this is

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of the Chappelle’s w**** uniform bit. “ that sh*t is confusing as hell”

Pistol Pete likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If he settles which under public opinion means he did it, the NFL can still suspend him but that also means the Texans have grounds to terminate his contract and what other NFL team wants a face of the franchise that settled multiple sexual assault cases?

You cannot get convicted in a civil case and he has the chance to tell his side of the story unlike if he settles, he is gonna be hurt either way in the public that ship has sailed, the only way to get back some of his rep is to plead his case and probably admit he went to them for sexual favors but did not assault anybody.

At least he then gets to keep the contract "maybe". He also has a chance to expose the women that tried to blackmail him by going to court. at least he muddies the water not saying that's right but just being realistic about it.

How exactly do you see his career continuing by settling these cases?

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.