1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Sources: Houston Rockets progressing in talks to trade Victor Oladipo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Herro seems like a buy low kind of guy right now. In my opinion, he is a better shooter than he has shown this season, but for whatever reason he's just not knocking them down like he did before. Of course we have seen that before. Maybe he gets it back, maybe he doesn't. but I'd roll the dice on him for sure. His 2 point percentage is actually up this year over last, and he's always been well above average (elite in college) at the line. The guy can shoot, he's just not doing it from range right now. Perfect time to buy.

Aruba77, Rudyc281, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't we have enough 6'4" guys? We need some bigs.

DD

BamBam, Rudyc281, tinman and 2 others like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's not a buy low guy because Miami values him too much. He's on the way to being the next Chandler Parsons. They wouldnt even offer him for James Harden

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

KPJ is a much better player than Herro....only asset Herro has is shooting and if that is off he is nothing. KPJ could easily score 20 point and 8 assist for us easily if John Wall get out of the way. Its a great day for Herro if he can score 17points a game at 39% FG%.....

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

That likely makes Miami even more reluctant to move him because he's too good of a player to sell low.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stop. This is about as stupid as Heat fans saying Herro is better than Curry was at the same age thus making Herro an up and coming super-star.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Thats what Rockets management is playing...but Miami is hesitant

8. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Rox may get similar production from DJ Wilson if Wilson played the equivalent number of minutes. They are similar size, DJ has more arm length.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol, wake me up when KPJ has games like Herro did in the bubble playoffs. Even if they were a fluke for Herro, it's still way better than what KPJ has done in his entire life.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

and Herro would be averaging 17 or 18 ppg right now as a 2nd year player if he wasn’t shooting way below his capabilities, especially from 3

Herro from the start of the season to the end of February was averaging 17, 6, and 4 on 45/35/77 shooting splits and 55% TS...this coming from a guy who many on CF keep trying to put in a box as some Kyle Korver type...y’all tell me when Kyle Korver could ever average 4 assists a game or do anything off the dribble like Herro

he’s already had B2B 30 point games this season including 34, 7, and 4 at Philly...let KPJr have that type of game against the Sixers, and he’d be getting called James Harden Jr, but Herro is some scrub...

it is his horrible play in March where he’s shooting 32% from the field and 22% from 3 that has cratered his efficiency and percentages

but as usual, many on here are way too shortsighted and “what have u done for me lately” to recognize this

it’s hilarious that people act like the Rockets at this stage and with a lack of so much talent should be turning their nose up at 21 yo Tyler Herro like he wouldn’t be an absolute heist in broad daylight with no mask in a Dipo trade...

Sep11ie and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great, let's get a 3 man rotation of them....we can always have 2 bigs on the floor that can also shoot 3s at all times.

DD

rkh-dog likes this.
  12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I have watched Herro many times this year and he can only shoot. We cannot play defense, non athletic and no wingspan. He had a few nice games in the bubble and people trying to make him a all star.....this is wild. Compare Atlanta assets to Miami assets....i would rather have ATL assets.

13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Great point....but Herro cannot play any defense....no wing span, not athletic and he does remind me as a 6th man Kyle Korver...if he gets hot he can turn a game around but if not.....ho hum! KPJ is athletic, great vision, has handles and his shooting is getting better

14. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I like shooters period. 5 out 3 and D is difficult without shooters. I admit my bias against 7 ft plus players in our system. They are generally slower, can't switch on D, and not reliable 3 point shooters. Wood and Wilson are highly mobile with good feet and lateral movement, and good 3 point shooters. Rather focus on a PF type that can shoot and defend. A physical guy like Okungwo if he could shoot. Our roster has none of that type.

15. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

i dont think we need herro as much as we need precious

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Our best chance is to luck out with Evan Mobley in this scenario. Cade is still number 1 for me and I like Jalen Green as well, but I'm looking at Mobley's overall versatility with interest.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Definitely, that's why he isn't involved in any discussions, neither is KZ Okpala .

18. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

We won't get Herro. If they wouldn't trade Herro for Harden, why would they trade him for Dipo.

CHAMPBOY and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BOL BOL
    [​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

They regretted their decision to not trade for Harden, so they will get desperate and trade for the 2021 2nd half MVP in Oladipo