1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He may not be great but if he is the best player we can get for Oladipo, we have to take it.

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Interesting that Dipo is pictured.

If Dipo agrees to extension or to sign with Knicks after season, he has to be their preferred target.

https://tradenba.com/trades/9OvdblM7H
    TOR: Obi Toppin, Ben McLemore, Alec Burks, Dante Exum + Mavs FRP
    NYK: Victor Oladipo
    HOU: Paskal Siakam, De'Andre Bembry

Or 3 team with GSW & ATL.

https://tradenba.com/trades/k7zHpx51e
    GSW: Bogdan Bogdanovic
    ATL: Victor Oladipo, Ben McLemore, Dante Exum (all expiring to clear max cap space to re-sign JC)
    HOU: Kelly Oubre, Tony Snell, Onyeka Okongwu + Hawks FRP + GSW FRP

Or get Heat to spit up Herro.

https://tradenba.com/trades/tdECNE6ui
    MIA: Vic Oladipo, Gary Clark
    ORL: Tyler Herro, Andre Iguodala, Ben McLemore + Pistons FRP
    HOU: AG, KZ Okpala

#2082 D-rock, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

@Nook, aren't the Spurs another trade partner for Atlanta for those pieces? A report came out yesterday DeMar is available. I know Oladipo is better, but could they settle on DeMar? Have you heard any interest there? I'm worried the Spurs might one up us on a deal with them, preventing us to get Reddish who I really like. Thanks.

D-rock, Nook and raining threes like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My top destinations for Dipo is New York Knicks because of need for scoring in the back court and team payroll salary can fit
    Oladipo well. If/when Miami brings in Lowry (plan B) Dipo will still have a home option with Knicks to stay going into next season.

Charlotte has moved to the head of the class as well since LaMelo got hurt, team payroll is prime at $105M, need for back court scoring
    next to Rozier, and team is fighting for the 4th seed (only .5 games back as day began yesterday). Can easily re sign next eason if/when
    Miami brings in Lowry or Beal (option A). Beal was 2nd in scoring last season at 30 points per game & leading scorer this season at 30 pt's
    per game. All those players CF's are dreaming about, would actually be used in Beal trade.

Atlanta is option 3 with team payroll at around $115M. John Collins trade may cause need for Oladipo offense to help make up for loss of Collins.
    But unlike Rozier who I feel can pass well, Dipo/T Young might be a conflict for the ball. A chemistry issue or tug-a-war.

Dipo is scoring 25 points per game in the last 7 games he has played. That puts him with those players currently 11-17. From Kawhi L.,
    LeBron James, James Harden, Zion, D Booker, D Mitchell, T Young......all in the 25 points per game range.

5. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Siakam and those big name guys are deals that happen in the offseason. The trade deadline is a lot of sizzle but no steak for most teams and most years. Superstar/ all star level deals are too hard to put together and usually deals that are talked about now are just ground work to be completed in the summer.

oladipo will get moved, Lowry possibly, Gordon and a few other smaller moves but I’d be surprised if there’s movement including legit all star guys

6. Mastro

Mastro Member

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

eric.81 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

What’s our system?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

It’s no longer a question of if Houston will move Victor Oladipo, but to who, with the Rockets motivated to move a player who is likely to exit via free agency this summer. The Knicks interest in Oladipo may be overblown, per league sources, and Miami is said to be lukewarm about packaging any of its young shooters (Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson) in a deal for a player they could pursue via free agency. Houston, though, will move Oladipo somewhere before Friday.

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/03/24/nba-trade-deadline-rumors-latest-buzz-intel

D-rock, joshuaao, Rudyc281 and 4 others like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

And reports are Lowry is negotiating an extension with Raptors but also allowed to negotiate with Heat and Sixers for a deal beyond this season.

Thus blocking Dipo in Miami. That's serious courting.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/03/2...h-raptors-heat-76ers-ahead-of-trade-deadline/

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rockets interested in Norman Powell per Feigen

D-rock, joshuaao, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Lakers picks are not going to be very decent. Horton thou looks like another nunn but at sg. Id pass tbh. Seems like you would try to atleast get something done with Miami on Precious and Duncan.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Okpala and Duncan is my hope with Iggy to GSW for Oubre.

BTW something to note. As far as I remember every one of Stone's moves has come later in the day. Russ, RoCo (night), Harden, PJ all done in the afternoon or later. Our guy likes to get his deals done at lunch or dinner.

13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I mean, I'm a big fan of Powell's game, but the interest in acquiring an expiring for Oladipo is odd. Would Powell agree to an extension as part of the trade? What could we offer him now?

joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt it means routing Oladipo to Toronto.

D-rock, joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

There is no professional sports league even remotely close to the NBA when it comes to empowering the players. The players have got an incredible amount of concessions from the NBA. It is a league where (regardless of your politics) the players were able to put political messages on the court, a league where teams refused to play a playoff game, a league where the players were about to call the season. It is a league where players that don't want to play just don't play and at worst get fined, often less than their checks.

I am not making a political opinion as to whether it is right or wrong, but the reality is that the league and the owners have gone out of there way to empower the players compared to any other major sports league on the planet.

16. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are interested in all good players. This isn't going to be a long rebuild, it is possible that it only lasts this season.

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I get that. But Feigen's report makes it seems as though the Rockets would receive Powell in the trade. In that's the case, we're probably foregoing any draft capital as Powell is awesome, but that only makes sense if he'll agree to an extension.

D-rock, Rudyc281 and ElPigto like this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think its a cryin shame they changed the name to Ferntits center from Hofheinz Pavilion ....

One of them gave us the Astro's , Astroworld & the first domed stadium in the world which helped get the Oilers here.

The other one hasn't really done jack.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Good question. I haven't heard much about the Spurs the last 3 weeks in regards to trade. I know there have been contract talks between the Spurs and DD and a few weeks ago there were discussions of him being dealt. He isn't as good a defender as Oladipo but he is healthier and a better player overall IMO.

This is just my opinion but I think that part of the desire for Oladipo from Atlanta is his defense with who their coach is now.

20. Nook

Nook Member

There would definitely be interest and he is better than the other top players on the market, but he is a big part of why the Raptors have struggled. He just isn't playing as hard and doesn't seem terribly engaged. His defense is down several notches. I can see why the Raptors would move him in the right deal. I think the Raptors are about to undergo a retool/rebuild. While the Raptors are a progressive organization, they also have some hard and fast rules and if Siakam won't comply, he will be traded.