1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

On top of everything already said pretty eloquently and articulate about herro I’ll add that if Miami sells herro now for oladipo or Lowry they have given up their last blue chip trade asset. I happen to agree with many here that he’s probably a #3 on a champion but he’s extremely young and cheap and he still has the unknown youth on his side.

if they give that up for players who they could sign with cap space they’ve essentially passed on being involved in any superstar trade down the line. Herro for now at least, gets you in those conversations. Eventually his stock will drop or rise and he’ll go from being a young player with upside to untradeable or a disappointment but that’s not for awhile.

they lack draft compensation and bam is pretty much untouchable (minus the giannis's etc) for the foreseeable future. They need to keep some bullets for the later while also taking advantage of young player with potential all star upside on a cheap deal

jcmoon, Vivi, raining threes and 8 others like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

This. If the Heat trade for Lowry then they are locked in with this team from a salary standpoint, talent and asset view. This would be their team for at least the next couple years... is it good enough? What player has room for improvement?

jcmoon, Vivi, raining threes and 5 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at people trying to act like Herro is some scrub...if we ever got him for the likes of Oladipo, we should all be celebrating...bottles on me

1, he is only 21 years old and would be under team control for years to come

2, he is averaging 15, 6, and 3 on a good team while struggling...he is shooting just 32% from 3...he is obviously a much better shooter than that

a young guy who is a high level shooter and can do a little bit of playmaking as well as function off-ball is something I would be quite happy with

just stop it with all the advanced stats for a 1st or 2nd year player...if I wanted to play that game, I could easily sit here and call KPJr a scrub because his advanced stats are pure sh*t for his career so far and he is currently sporting a career 98 offensive rating which is atrocious

Herro for Dipo is not happening tho, so I’ll just be here sipping my tea and not getting my hopes up

4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

if you pulled off herro for oladipo it’s an absolute heist

JD88, raining threes, Nook and 3 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

without question...at worst Herro ends up being a nice shooter and scorer off the bench that can playmake a little bit

Idk when 15, 6, and 3 as a struggling 2nd year player was something to scoff at these days, especially for freaking Oladipo

the Rockets desperately need shooters moving forward, and if they’re young and have some potential as well, then even better

6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Totally but let’s be real oladipo is leaving if you get a potential all star/fringe all star level player for that stone is a genius

raining threes and Reeko like this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

When Lebro breaks down or retires Lakers are fukked. I’d try to trade Dipo for some 2023,2024 unprotected Lakers draft picks

8. Nook

Nook Member

Hearing that the Sixers are quite serious about Lowry and extending him if they get him. If Philadelphia is willing to go all out for Lowry then I don’t see how Miami possibly gets him without including Herro.

Also, while it is true Lowry is 36-37 years old, he is playing very well and is healthy and an extension for him is two seasons... Oladipo wants a longer extension for more money and more years.

The Heat have Dinwiddie as a back up plan but I am not sure what they send to NJ as the Nets want a post player for him.

Deuce, jcmoon, Vivi and 7 others like this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Don’t haha me with Herro!

Collins or Gordon! @D-rock ;)

#KeepTankAlive
    Go Rockets!!!

D-rock likes this.
  10. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Even in this case Spencer is coming off a really bad injury and won’t be available any time soon.

11. xaos

xaos Member

Morey loves his guys and I don't mean that in a bad way

raining threes, D-rock and Nook like this.
  12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

lowry also does 2 things for Philly also 1) he makes their half court offense so much better which is what they need in the playoffs and 2) makes a deal for some like a beal in the offseason a lot easier to include Simmons.

Deuce, joshuaao, mikol13 and 8 others like this.
  13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Tyler Herro is a scrub do not want!

mikenm268 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Yup... he is a very good fit in a number of ways. I also think with his personality and experience winning a title that he would demand respect in a locker room where the “kids” basically have done what they want. Lowry also let’s the Sixers play for extremely physical on defense and really solidifies their identity.

Lowry/Curry/Simmons/Harris/Embid

The Sixers also are taking offers for Paul Reed as well so they may add even more to the roster.

Deuce, joshuaao, jcmoon and 3 others like this.
  15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I want the Detroit pick unprotected. What happened to Dipo to Detroit. Did that die down.

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Dipo and House for Taupin and Barrett

True Rocket likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I want Paul Reed!

CVcrew, raining threes and Boston84 like this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

they probably woke the **** up from whatever daydream delusion of grandeur and said there’s no way this guy is staying here to rebuild with us and he’d leave in 2 months so why tf would we offer our pick when we need to rebuild and draft someone with it

ramotadab likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

@foggy94

Details Nate, inquiring minds dying to know!

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Are there any legit insiders who has been posting real info lately?