1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is a playoff team - so put your tanks away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nice avatar

2. ths balla

ths balla Member

I mean I hate the makeup of the team but objectively, looking at the current standing its not farfetched to say that fully healthy (rockets have been injury plagued, not just minor hits here and there) they would of been in contention for the 8th seed. They are 7 games back after losing 12 straight, they go 6-6 they are a game back of 8th.

3. ths balla

ths balla Member

I also fully embrace the tank so hope they keep losing but by no means is this the same team b4 the wood injury

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Playoff fever..... rising...?

harold bingo and Rocket River like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I want them to continue losing. Get that top 3 pick!! It would be nice if they had the pick and were able to keep the rest of the squad to make them that much deeper but that is NOT gonna happen.

saleem likes this.
  7. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Rockets are mathematiclly still in the race. There's still a chance. If they can lose 20 in a row. They can win 20 in a row. Let's go!

B-Bob, SamFisher and chadyang like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

external-content.duckduckgo.gif

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Go look at the rest of our schedule and tell me you see a 20 game win streak in there. It’s the hardest remaining schedule by a country mile in the NBA.

10. vince

vince Member

If Rockets end up with the worst record in the league, they are practically a coin flip away from losing their 1st round pick to OKC. Geesh.... All that suck just so OKC can get our pick with some very good probabilities.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Keep on tanking!

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Jontro, snowconeman22 and jiggyfly like this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Bottom 3 or bust.
    Ping pong ball victory or suicide.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If we had a young Rondo and collection of slightly out of prime Pierce, Garnett, and Allen, I would totally be on board :D

Reeko likes this.
  15. Rokman

Rokman Member

Tank Train doesn't need any more bumps on the tracks they need to push the lever down and run it high speed. Airball every 3, throw put backs over the backboard, pass the ball to the other team then stumble on the fast break defense. Let's LOSE!

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Winning 20 in a row would only make us 32-30.

Imagine tying the 5th longest winning streak, only to barely be above .500 lmao

BallSoHarden and apollo33 like this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I will admit I was pretty optimistic during the 6 game winning streak. To then lose 20 in a row with many of the same players besides Wood, makes me feel as though coaching and locker room had a lot to do with this slide. The negativity around veterans demanding trades, I am sure there is a lot more to it than we have heard. I can not imagine EG being happy at all he is in the twilight of his career as well and deserves to be on a contender, we haven't heard much about him having fun prior to injury. If we get Cade along with some other young guys or top picks from trades, I would look into upgrading the coaching staff and resetting the culture next year before it is too late.

18. austinite

austinite Contributing Member

Can someone explain what is happening with the OKC pick? Is it our own and if it is top 3 it goes to them or how does it work? I’ve been a fan since I was a teenager watching Thorpe, Olajuwon, Horry, Maxwell and Smith bring the first title to Htown. Now I’m married with 2 kids and too damn busy to follow it all.

19. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

We're in deeper because tanks are heavier? Wikipedia says the Sherman Tank is 66,800 lbs (33 short tons). Max speed is 22mph (surely more than what our win total will be for this season).

20. juanming

juanming Member

It is top four protected for us not top 3 protected meaning we have to get either pick one two three or four.. to keep our pick

If we lose in the lottery say a couple teams jump ahead of us and we fall to number five then Oklahoma City keeps our pic... And then we would get Miami's pick in the first round around 17th I think

austinite likes this.