1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Good to know that we can fully expect the Rockets to NOT make a move for Collins after this Burp Wheelie tweet

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

There said to be some legs on Garry Harris and 1st for Dipo. This gets Denver out of harris contract early. Dipo is more of what they want for a rental. So id assume you could see this sort of trade. I think rockets will get nuggets 1st in the deal. Harris is not a terrible player, at 25 and still 2 years left on his contract. But denver will have to give up a first to duck 20 mil. Rockets could use a replacement for dipo, Harris is still offensive talent, just been injured this year. Is he worth the 1st rd pick? id assume. I even ask for PJ Dozer back in the trade w/ that pick, cause your getting a way better player(scoring and defense) and expiring comon!

https://www.inquisitr.com/6485624/nba-rumors-victor-oladipo-could-be-traded-to-nuggets-for-gary-ha

saleem and Aruba77 like this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

wow this is what it’s come to? Normally you’d think Denver would need to attach a first just to get out from that horrible Harris contract, but under this scenario they’d get Vic too. If this is being legitimately considered his value really is in the toilet. I would think the Knicks could do better.

jakedasnake and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would be surprised if this happened. Woj said Stone is getting only SRPS in return for Oladipo.

5. saleem

I think it's worse. I think Stone should explore a 3 way trade with the Lakers, if they want him until Lebron gets healthy.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. Kingsman

Kingsman Member

No one might want Dipo right now that bad, but things can change on a dime, maybe one of the teams say Nuggets can't get Lonzo and there's a sense of urgency to improve their team so they would have to settle for Vic. A lot can change between now and then.

saleem and xiki like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Teams know he wants to go to Miami so no one will overpay for a rental and Miami which has ton of cap space will just wait till the offseason

ApacheWarrior and saleem like this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

So apparently Wall and Silas are close and Silas loves his leadership.

This is the type of stuff that makes me wanna throw up. Stunting the growth of young players like KPJ to play delusional MFers like Wall. God damn I’m not hopeful we are getting rid of him. And with the situation the way it currently is for Dipo, he might stay for the rest of the season aswell.

If this team still plays washed up ball hogging vets over young talent after the deadline, I’ll have to stop watching.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's gonna be fine bro, just digest the process, with a bit of luck it won't last that much.

10. saleem

Exactly. They would take a risk if he were healthy in order to make a deep play off run. I definitely think NYK could have been an alternative with their huge market.

jakedasnake, ApacheWarrior and riko like this.
  11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't know if there are actually "legs" to it, but the link he posted sure isn't that. That inquistr website is legitimately an embarrassment... It's the equivalent of taking posts out of the random trade ideas thread and making them headline news. It took a blog post speculating a random trade idea and quoted it as news.

Deuce, PiPdAdY33, xaos and 11 others like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Lowry and Herro valuations are out of control right now.

Mr Woods and Deuce like this.
  13. saleem

Thanks Clutch.

14. saleem

I hope so, despite my pessimism.

15. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Any team who acquires Oladipo will also get his bird rights.... which is an important factor here. Oladipo may prefer Miami but I don’t know that Oladipo is necessarily at the top of Miami’s list when it comes to the “missing piece” aspect of their roster. They want a more dynamic PG- which is why they’ve been rumored for Lowry.

There are teams that are a much better fit for Oladipo- and teams that know they can re-sign him because of his bird rights. Golden State, NYK, and even Charlotte are the teams to watch...

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm watching Charlotte closely now that LaMelo us out for the rest of the season and they are .5 games out of 4th seed in the East.

and we play them next.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Oh well looks like we’ll hold Dipo. He can continue to command the tank.

saleem likes this.
  18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I smell usual wind Horst bull. Knicks were going to get us AG? Now no one. Not even offering one first? The truth is in there but second’s league wide is not it.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

even without Melo (who is damn good) the Hornets should still make the playoffs out East, at worst a 10th seed play in team. I don't think they're goin to give up anything significant (e.g. 1st Rounder or young player) to get 2 months of Dipo.

ApacheWarrior and saleem like this.
  20. Boston84

Boston84 Member

This is all posturing. It’s still season fellas. Believe half of what u see and none of what you hear. I can promise you unless it’s part of a larger deal we don’t know about, ainge isn’t sending Marcus smart 2 firsts for an expiring Fournier and Aaron Gordon

sirjesse likes this.