1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think texans are behind texans watson allegations?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Mar 19, 2021.

?

Do you think texans are behind the watson allegations?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2021.
  1. Yes texans are behind this

13.8%
  2. No way texans at all are behind this

67.0%
  3. Maybe texans are behind this

19.1%
  1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol but Tyrod Taylor was signed.

joshuaao, IBTL, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is stupid

RockFanFirst and Bobbythegreat like this.
  3. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

The Texans’ brass doesn’t strike me as smart enough to concoct this type of scheme. This would be like Fredo turning into Michael, just can’t see it.

IBTL, B-Bob and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol its true texans ineptitude gets them out of this one.

If it turns out to be a hit job that is definite grounds for taking the team ..donald stirling style from this ownership

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Sabotage your own trade value?

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This exactly explained why this crazy theory of "Texans could be behind this" has its merit.

The Texans wouldn't be winning anything soon especially for the coming season, so if Watson will actually play or not wont change the expectation of this coming season or even the next one.

And also the Texans knows they have the leverage - a newly signed 4 years extension.

They can wait and absolutely no need to rush to consider trading Watson if that will be the ultimate end of this relationship.

So his so called trade value means nothing to the Texans now at this point.

But on the other hand, this kind of "events" will definitely harming Watson's current value and reputation a lots, and eventually may force him to at least report to the team and keep playing.

IBTL likes this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Here's what I think happened:
    The Texans have known about these issues for months. Accusers may have contacted the Texans about it (as Watson's employer), or a private investigator on the Texans' payroll already uncovered it. The masseuse problems is THE ISSUE that got Watson upset in the first place. The Texans confronted Watson about it, he got upset over it all, and boom, starts the campaign to get out of town.

If this is how it went down, AND if Watson is guilty of even a small portion of what he's accused of... then this casts the story in an entirely different light. Exonerating the Texans.

joshuaao and BigShasta like this.
  8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I would COMPLETELY buy this, had it not been for all the other snafu's the Houston Easterby's have made. If they really did know about this, and then Deshaun STILL decided to solicit women on Instagram as recently as weeks ago, then that just confirms for me that they're all stupid.

They're just rich and stupid....compared to most people who are just stupid....Lol

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Furthermore, if the Texans knew about it, then they would have been obligated to confront Watson. You can't sweep an issue of this magnitude under the rug. If McNair has someone come into his office and break this news, then he has no choice but to speak to Watson about it. Knowing about it and NOT speaking to Watson about it would create a cover-up and lead to far worse problems for the team.

It's a plausible scenario.

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

How 30% [maybe] believe it's a conspiracy theory flabbergasts me.

IBTL, joshuaao, phasors28 and 2 others like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would have thought the percentage of really stupid posters in the Texans forum would be higher than 30% honestly.

IBTL and BigShasta like this.
  12. mightybosstone

31% of you really think this is a possibility?Jesus... How many of you guys are QAnon members, think 9/11 was an inside job and are convinced 5G caused the coronavirus pandemic?

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Only reason I don't think the Texans did this is cause they are really too incompetent as a franchise. Doing this shady sht requires actually skills and pettiness to attempt to ruin Watson reputation.

Until the evidence present itself, it's looking like a payday for the "victims".

IBTL likes this.
  14. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I mean, it feels higher than 30% on Twitter/Insta.

15. mightybosstone

I will never understand people who are so quick to support the alleged sex offender in cases like this when there are multiple victims on the other side backing up the same story.

Fans are so quick to support Deshaun despite the fact that they don't know him any better than his accusers. It's always assumed to be a cash grab. Dude throws a football well, so he couldn't possibly have done it, right?

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fans who think Tilman leaked stories to Tim MacMahon & the media to make Harden look bad, lower his value & destroy his reputation
    [​IMG]
    Fans who think the Texans leaked sexual assault allegations to make Watson look bad, lower his value & destroy his reputation​

#56 J.R., Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    joshuaao, cmoak1982 and BigShasta like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't followed this story that closely but from what I've seen so far I find it hard to believe that the Texans would be behind this.

One question I have though is if Watson's contract has a morals clause in it that would allow the Texans to void it? That could be leverage the organization could use on Watson.

IBTL likes this.
  18. likestohypeguy

What's the threshold for conspiracy? Organization obviously not "behind it" as in buzbee and hal sat down and conspired with the women to cook it up completely, but it's not a stretch to me something like what TJ suggested, where they at least knew about it, and the ensuing conflict is what prompted DW's trade request. I mean they've been known to use PI's, known to confront players over their lifestyle/behaviors, and if JE took issue with what Kraft did, once, he probably lost his mind when he opened that private investigator's envelope to find out that times 22 or more, and all the anal oiling/probing etc.

[​IMG]

IBTL likes this.
  19. mightybosstone

I'm taking OP's poll as "Texans have helped manufacture these allegations as a smear campaign against Watson, and he did none of it." But is it possible the Texans knew about Watson's behavior and/or that they've helped Buzbee in providing some info? Sure. And if they did know, it wouldn't shock me if they confronted him about it or that it could have created tension between he and the organization.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

If The Texans knew about this months ago, they would have traded Watson, when he demanded it, so it would be another team problem, why keep saying they wouldnt trade him, if they knew this awful thing about them, and now they are involving Houston because he is playing for them.

joshuaao and cmoak1982 like this.