1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will we get for Victor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 18, 2021.

?

How much do we get for Victor?

1. 1st and expirings

2. 1st and 2nd plus expirings

3. 2 1st's

4. 1st in the 8-11 range

5. 2 1st's and a good young player

6. 3 1sts

7. He's not going anywhere. We're keeping him.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

With the Lakers those 26/27 picks could be valuable. Good chance Davis and/or Lebron are done by then.

joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It all depends on the protections .

imo you need to get the lakers to pay the premium because they are all in .

We need an unprotected pick and swap .

Tho , if OKC outright owns our pick for that year we can’t do that .

hopefully we can get it lined up .

then we need to take who ? Who do we get to match Oladipo’s contract ?

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/XCgqOHLt4

4. BunkoBenny

BunkoBenny Member

I'd be surprised if they got anything more than a lottery protected first for him. Even with James and Davis out for the Lakers, they'll still be a playoff team and as long as they are healthy when it matters they will be the favorite to come out of the West. I really cannot see any contender giving anything up of value for a rental in Oladipo who does not move the needle and is a low iq player.

Kevooooo and hakeem94 like this.
  5. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

If I’m Stone I’m going to try and go after the Knicks’ picks this year, and Knox. Both Dallas and NYK are fringe playoff teams, and if somehow they don’t make it that’s potentially 2 lotto picks right there. Knicks are desperate to make the playoffs, as they haven’t in almost a decade. Who knows, maybe Oladipo flops like he did here and screws them out of playoff contention? At the very least you’ll have 5 first round picks ranging from the teens to the twenties. I’m sure NYK would be willing to part with them, but probably make them lottery protected. Let’s see, because I hate the idea we’re giving up Oladipo + picks for Aaron Gordon. Rather have John Collins or Jerami Grant.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

that’s OK , but honestly I’d need the first and the swap and as little protection possible.

Like , I like Harrell ... but I think right now Is a bad time for the rockets to take him . I don’t think he is a great fit next to wood . Of those other guys , they are all expiring. so we have to pay market value to keep them .

a single first and a poor defensive big is an OK return for a guy that’s leaving next year anyways , but I think we could extract more from them / go to other teams

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Houston's "asking price for Victor Oladipo in an individual deal is believed to be a quality first-round pick or a good young player," Shams Charania reports.

That seems like wishful thinking for a player set to hit free agency this summer and who has struggled to find his form since his devastating injuries.. Shams pretty much confirmed that, adding that some teams believe the Rockets may need to settle for second-round compensation.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. psaman17

psaman17 Member

ouch

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

man......I am nervous.
    I feel he will still be here

Rocket River

11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Which is what I said. They will get a first for him- as long as they take back a negative asset. Which is ok- they should do that.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently the answer is nothing. like non

J.R. likes this.
  14. thekad

thekad Member

This thread remains hilarious.

15. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Now I can respond to this thread. We'll get nothing. He'll walk free and don't even think about sign and trade, he owes us nothing lol.

vince likes this.
  16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

17. vince

vince Member

Rockets are a paycheck for NBA players, nothing more at this time; given choices nobody with talent views the Rockets a desirable destination anymore. Tilman, as much as I think is a cool dude, isn't the type of owner who can build a favorable team culture. He got into a pissing war with Morey, and Morey left Tilman drenched in misery. I'm sure Tilman is pissed that Morey cost him his lucrative China market, but that's life. The '76 didn't bat an eye, and signed Morey before the door was even close after he left the Rockets.

Tilman in his bitterness, probably hurt the Rockets chances of improving, because it was going to essentially hand a bonafide title to Morey in Philadelphia. Hurt feelings bring down empires, Tilman has to remember it's business.... It's only business.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bradley
    Olynyk
    2022 swap

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

an embarrassing package

20. Rockets4Life13

You were right!

Os Trigonum likes this.