1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Good 1sts [Keith Smith].....lol

2. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Would love to add AG, just don't see VO and middle of 1st round picks getting him.

Think NYK is best trade partner. ATL is interesting.

Need to get KPJ into starting lineup ASAP.

CVcrew and raining threes like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Facts are facts.

33% from 3P for a career spanning a decade plus THEN jumps to 40% the last 2 seasons due to system and role change is glaringly obvious improvement.

Wood also had a jump in production and efficiency last season with Detroit.

Wood and AG are same age.

4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Magic are just a Mickey Mouse organization (pun intended) a rudderless franchise. This is perfect for them because they can ask outrageous prices for their players and no one takes it and then they can tell the fan base hey look we tried while competing for an 8 seed in no mans land year after year

Mr Woods, yixiixiy and D-rock like this.
  5. sydmill

sydmill Member

Probably easy to convince him of that if the Rockets are already extension talking... As an aside, what a world NBA live in where getting paid millions not to work is actually seen as a bad thing.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Soo you have not seen Horford play recently and are going by what he did in Boston.

You also have not seen what Wiggins has been doing recently.

There is a reason he was a throw in and Howard is know the backup in Philly.

He was just traded from a contender to a tanking team so we did see.

7. sydmill

sydmill Member

How much interest might the Celtics have for AG? Would Ainge be willing to part with his first (which, as of today, is better than the Rocket's Portland pick or Milwaukee pick) and Smart? Williams? Nesmith? 2 of the 3?

D-rock likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I am sure that Orlando wants "good firsts", every single team in the NBA wants good firsts. The problem is that none of those players are going to net a top 8 lottery pick, possibly their center if a team really is desperate.

Ross and Fournier aren't really worth as much as Oladipo.

Gordon is worth more than Oladipo but he is still ultimately a high end role player with only one more year on his contract.

D-rock and Boston84 like this.
  9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I think Gordon would be likely to be a tpe candidate with like nesmith and young players doubt Celtics would give up smart or timelord for him and I really wouldn’t want to either

D-rock likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

reddish and bogdan for oladipo is interesting.

reddish has kinda straight up sucked no ? And bogdan is definitely overpaid and has 3 more year on his deal .

so , prolly gonna need some picks with that .

on the other hand , reddish has potential and so does bogdan to some extent .

Bo6 and treyk3 like this.
  11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I think the Celtics are interested in Gordon but nowhere near as much as other teams but we shall see

D-rock likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

This.

They have never been bad enough to rebuild through the draft and have lacked a plan.... but they have been bad enough to be a waste of time for fans and players.

I asked around, the Magic a month ago were telling teams that they were NOT dealing their "core" and that they believed with everyone healthy next year and another high draft pick, that they would be a playoff team next year.

I suppose the Gordon situation is different because he is not actually asking out, and that is likely enough for the Magic to make it happen at the deadline or before the draft.

Boston84, DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I would want Collins attached to Bogdan to accept that contract probably.

But at the same time, Reddish isn't owed $$ this offseason and the Rockets probably couldn't pay Wall, Gordon, Bogdan and Collins their contracts and stay under the tax.

Tough match.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

lol after years of crappy roster construction exercises, the Magic is finally waking up to reality

D-rock likes this.
  15. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Jeff Green's 3pt% and overall production went up because he went from being guarded by wings to being guarded by Bigs after the transition to full time 5.

I think Gordon has great potential as a small ball 5. I'm not sold on him breaking out if he continues to play PF. I think he's pretty much reached his limit? He'll probably continue to put up the usual 13-17ppg, 6-7 rebound, 3-4 assist on average efficiency. He's just not skilled enough offensively as a 4.....

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

May god have mercy on your soul.

#1476 jiggyfly, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree to disagree.

Just glad Stone does not think the same.

I know you don't like the player or his fit, but CF will be pleasantly surprised IF we get him.

Just like RoCo.

Just like Wood.

#1477 D-rock, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    18pbr likes this.
  18. xaos

xaos Member

Absolutely does not matter one fraction of a %, but Gordon is the second best dunk contest participant I've ever seen (After Vince and followed by Lavine).

snowconeman22, D-rock and psaman17 like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Here is the deal with Reddish........ he has the size (6'8"/230 and 7'1" wingspan) and athleticism to be a top end starter in the league. He has very quick hands and feet and could lead the league in steals some day. However, he is a TERRIBLY inefficient player and he always has been. He was terrible at Duke and terrible in the NBA in that regard. He isn't a good outside shooter, and that is really hurting his game. He is someone that needs to shoot more around the basket, off the roll and clean up misses inside.... focus on defense and rebounding and continue to work on his shooting from the perimeter in practice.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

The Celtics want someone else on the Magic......

D-rock likes this.