1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Action Network) Rockets interested in Aaron Gordon???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 9, 2021.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Yea, not to thrilled with this guy just someone who runs lanes, rebounds, by no means he is not a playmaker.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Except he is.

Averaging more than 6 AST since becoming point forward for Magic.

18pbr, jch1911 and tehG l i d e like this.
  3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

so what happens next if we get AG?

do we still want to lose games for a better pick and make the AG trade look bad? or do we want wins now to show the AG trade is good but threaten a worse pick?

CHAMPBOY and juanming like this.
  4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

That boy Casper, I guess that role he played gives him a wrong persona you never have lead us astray D Rock! Bring him in...

D-rock likes this.
  5. juanming

juanming Member

Well 2 days ago I wanted Aaron Aaron and Cade Cunningham

I have lost all hope and I'll tell you why Silas just just is not a leader of men cannot coach these guys

As far as X's and O's they five out system for Silas is predictable they just stand on the three-point line and Chunk Up threes

Live and die by the 3

If it's not falling there's no plan B Silas has no Back-up Plan

you can't have LeBron and Shaquille O'Neal at every position to make the coach look good

I don't think there's any another play in The Playbook other than Chunk Up threes

And we are stuck with silas for another year or two

and what's worse than Silas is wall because we can't trade wall it we are stuck with him for another two years

amazing how things were kind of okay a week ago and Wall comes back and now both Porter and wood are upset

And our coach doesn't have the cojones to bench wall and our owner won't buy out wall

I finally ended my denial a couple days ago and I realize there is no hope for this team for at least a couple years none not even with Aaron Gordon and Cade

in fact I don't even care if they win the first pick in the draft because they will screw it up with the owner and the coach and wall

Just a very very bad run organization from the owner being cheap to the GM not wanting to trade the vets and the coach not wanting to bench the vets

And I don't see the owner or GM or coach leaving anytime soon

found myself the last couple days not even caring about the lottery because this organization has problems that run very very deep that Cade Cunningham cannot fix

I thought we could go that getting the number one pick in the draft will get us into the playoffs but then I found out that our coach is garbage

and him crying and interviews this is not the first time he's done it he's too soft he's too nice of a guy

Personally I like Silas he would be fun to go have a beer with

But he he left the the veterans run all over him this is a bad bad system

so I said it before I'll say it again I don't think we will see any Improvement of this until wall Eric Gordon and dipo are completely off the books

There's actually a worse feeling than losing because when you lose you can have hope for a draft pick butbut the worst feeling than losing is when you know that the team will screw up the draft pick or not pay up the money for a supermax

or play John Wall over the new rookie that we win in the number one pick in the draft

Hopelessness that is worse than losing

rhee and Jontro like this.
  6. juanming

juanming Member

If you thought my previous post was pessimistic check this one out this one's even worse

Looks like we will only trade for players or draft players that can shoot the three-ball and fit the five out system

Problem with that is that it is slim pickings... Then by some miracle if we do get the players we want ... By that time people will realize that our coach doesn't know how to lead them and he will be gone so now you're stuck with players that don't fit the new coaches system

I've never liked trying to find players that fit a coach's system because coaches don't stick around for 10 years on a team like the players do

if you keep changing all the players every couple years to fit a new coach every couple years do you find yourself spinning your wheels and always cleaning house and round robin

I don't like trying to find players that fit coach Silas because he may not be around in a couple years

Best thing to do is trade for and draft the best players available regardless of system and then find the right coach that can lead them all but we won't do that

Rant over

rhee, raining threes and Jontro like this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/NGLbqUEBV

It makes too much sense. Miami gets Oladipo for Igoudala, Nunn. Don't lose Herro, don't use a pick, stay under tax. Orlando gives up Gordon, gets Nunn, Igoudala, and draft capital. Rockets get Aaron Gordon for Oladipo, the late round Milwaukee 1st and a late 2nd.

Who says no?

D-rock likes this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I like Aaron Gordon a lot this year, unfortunately I’m not sure he’s actually as good as he has looked. If this is the real Aaron Gordon, the one who is knocking down his threes at over 40 percent, then hell yeah I want that guy! The problem is, he’s never shot like this before. I think it’s probably an outlier. Still, if the price isn’t astronomical, I think he’s absolutely worth taking a chance on.

D-rock, rkh-dog and CVcrew like this.
  9. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

You sound like a drama queen, not a basketball fan. I am worse for wear having read your wall of words. Man up.

gfab-babyboi, cbass and Sep11ie like this.
  10. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

You are correct, his price is too high. Not a time to buy.

11. PatBev

PatBev Member

The only thing Gordon has shown me is he isn’t a 1st or 2nd option on a team

I’m down to gamble with the draft and free agency once we get Wall & Vics contract off the book

swoosh1014 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

That 5 Out system working just fine in Brooklyn.

Coaching matters.

And cutting out cancers on the team helps too.

Cannot do anything about the shetty ownership, but 2 out of 3 will get us back into the playoffs again.

Keep the faith brother!

jch1911 and CVcrew like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Looks good but perhaps 1 too many picks from Rockets.

CHAMPBOY likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

+40% from 3P.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???

treyk3 likes this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He was rusty. I don’t care what happens this week. I’m ready for it to be over. It ending with you getting your guy would be a great close to the Harden trade window.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shooting 7 treys and 38 total points against the then #1 Nets is pretty dang good for someone so rusty.

Imagine what he's capable of when he's up to speed?

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ainge trying to F up our trade again.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry Danny won't want to give up anything of value. No threat at all.

19. fattz

fattz Member

Here is the dream to fix all

NYK
    Oladipo
    For
    Knox & FRP lottery protected

Magic
    Wall, House, McLamore & 4 FRP (NYK, Detroit, Milwaukee, Portland)
    For
    Gordon, Fournier, Bamba

Rockets
    Gordon, Fournier, Bamba, Knox
    For
    Wall, Oladipo, House, McLamore 3 FRP (Detroit, Portland & Milwaukee)

Sllas gets to coach.

Going forward:
    Porter, Gordon, Gordon, Wood & IF we get a draft choice

We will see if Fournier, Bamba and Knox are worth while as their contracts expire.

fingers crossed for what could be.

#119 fattz, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    rhee and D-rock like this.
  20. Mattician

Mattician Member

Still lose regardless of what trades happen.

tc0330 and D-rock like this.