1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Today was the first time I seen Wood look visibly mad at the end of the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Mar 21, 2021.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If we gonna lose every game, we should do it with Wood and Porter. There's no point having wall and Dipo chuck like this

ipaman, whiskeyred, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Nobody's expecting Wood to be better than those top picks, or the best player on the Rockets as they rebuild. But it's nice to have your second or third best player in place already.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I wouldn't state it as harshly as you have in this thread, but I agree with the sentiment. I very much wish Silas would behave as a leader in this rough situation, and not a follower who allows himself to be "defeated" and "brought down" by his circumstances. You don't want to watch your leader in a press conference and want to "cry" for him or feel sorry for him. The focus shouldn't be on how our head coach feels bad.

No matter what happens, a leader should have the mentality to do what it takes to win, have a short memory, immediately analyze what is wrong and do what it takes to fix it.

I really wish that Silas would be a good coach, and he may be a phenomenal assistant coach. I just don't see the mentality for a primary leadership role with this mix of personalities. No matter what, there will be times where even a coach in a charmed position will experience adversity. A leader should react better.

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The way the game ended does not look good for Stephen Silas. That shot by Victor Oladipo was a real head scratcher, but the John Wall long three to end the game? That's on you coach. 100% on you.

I liked the Wall drive at the end. He beat Dort. Dort is just kind of ridiculous. That was a very good drive to the rim, and Wall was doing a great job driving and getting to the line. That pull up three just kind of ruins the game Wall was having though. He was 1-6 before that shot attempt. The one three he made was the one that took like 3 seconds to go in. He didn't have it tonight from three. It was so bad.

D-rock likes this.
  5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

who cares tho. embrace the tank

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

being in 30s is an ok age...you can be in your 30s and a top 20 player in this league and every roster needs a veteran...

you seem not to like wood, but rockets could consider themseves lucky if any of their picks develop into a player his level of skill and ability... you prolly could of trade him for 2 frps but chances these player develop into similar players are slim...

Magicsaint, Monkeychef02 and D-rock like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Given the circumstances he will get another year but I think that is just buying time. I don’t see him as a leader who commands respect.

some people were built to be great assistant coaches and there is a reason why he was just that for 20 plus years

8. riko

riko Member

And Wood just went in on Silas and Wall in his press game conference. He stated he wants and needs to be involved in the offense more.

9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Christian Wood: "We're not playing together."

"Just the ball movement."

"I'd like to be more involved in the offense down the stretch."

10. Doctor Robert

They need to keep Wood happy. I would love for everyone to be on the same page, but Wood is the priority. That said, when you lose 20 games in a row, everyone is going to be unhappy and pretty much everything sucks.

D-rock and B-Bob like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Woah!

this gettin gud.

[​IMG]

CK Johnson likes this.
  12. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't worry these are all things that will be fixed once we trade Harden

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

God damn youre annoying with this ****

johnnydeezy1 likes this.
  15. Doctor Robert

Another comment... Silas may not be a born leader, but people can grow and change. If he's as smart as I think he is, he needs to seriously consider what he can do as a motivator and enforcer in the locker room. After 20 years as an assistant, it may take some time for him to develop those skills, and they're clearly not something he's been forced to use in the past. Hopefully he's a quick study.

Any coach would be losing a lot of games in this situation, so I don't blame him for the W-L record. However, he can be leader that brings them out of this terrible stretch.

Maybe his dad will tell him what he needs right now... "fake it 'til you make it" and "tell Wall and Oladipo they aren't the head coach".

daywalker02, D-rock and B-Bob like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wood to the Nets soon eh?

17. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

He needs to get involved in the defense more also. I love Wood’s offensive game, but he is out of position frequently defensively and plays for the weak side block instead of holding his man and boxing out.

yes, he also needs to be involved in the offense more. But it’s so frustrating to watch every player this team go for shots while not giving a crap on defense.

Deadline and lottery can’t come soon enough.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

TANK commander Wall took command!

RocketToVegas and D-rock like this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Not good. Team meeting needed ASAP. There’s some obvious tension, these guys need to get on the same page and Silas needs to be the one to make that happen. He’s clearly losing these guys.

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Get a life and I’ll meet you anywhere you like so you can make me bozo. Tough guy behind a keyboard. Let’s meet and see how tough you are then

D-rock likes this.