1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The person he usually sexually harassed and sexually assaulted wasn't available due to Covid so he did what anyone else would have done, slide into the DM's of dozens women on Instagram in order to sexually harass or sexually assault them.

Solid defense.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I’m confused. So what exactly is the accusation if there is nothing criminal? That he acted like a horn dog with masseuses?

Hakeemtheking and Two Sandwiches like this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

One woman alleges she was forced into oral sex during the course of the massage. Six of the lawsuits allege these were one-time encounters with Watson, but one woman alleges she was sexually assaulted by Watson on multiple occasions. That lawsuit says the first massage was booked through the spa where the licensed aesthetician worked. The six other lawsuits allege Watson first inquired about the massage through Instagram direct messages.

Three of the four lawsuits filed Thursday night accuse him of inappropriate contact; the fourth said he forcibly tried to kiss a woman.

robbie380 likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

bro i have been actively ignoring Houston sports for months, This is pretty bad, holy cow. what the hell?

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

robbie380 likes this.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Since when has having money stopped rich people from wanting more money?

If he's not in it for the money then maybe he's in it for the notoriety and attention. You could argue he doesn't need it, but again, attention seekers want more attention regardless of how much they've received in the past.

Or maybe it's true and he's doing what is right. But having not really paid attention to him before, he comes off sleazy to me. Of course, I think Rusty Hardin is a piece of crap too, so . . .

#807 Cannonball, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The intentions of the attorney are irrelevant so long as even a few of the 20+ victims who made the mistake of accepting work from Watson are true.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Guilty until prove innocent, yea?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why would a woman who claims sexual assault go back?

“My client sexually assaulted me during his massage”

“Did you report it to the police?”

“No”

“What do you plan to do?”

“Give him another massage”

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I just object to the line of thinking that Buzbee can't be in it for the money/notoriety because he already has money/notoriety. He may or may not be but having something doesn't preclude the desire to have more.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In a court of law, absolutely.

I have a hard time believing that 20+ masseuses he hired are all lying on him with very similar stories, plus the deleted tweet showing he's been doing the "massage" trick for a long time now.

When that large a percentage of a very specific small sample of the population has similar stories it makes it pretty hard to believe he did nothing wrong. It looks like he was targeting a certain group of people.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with the sentiment. I just don’t think they’re going to get the amount of money from Watson that would move the needle for him. 30% of whatever 22 women would get. Even if it’s 300k, all that does is pay his firm

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a fair assumption that he's in it for the notoriety, but that says nothing about the merits of the case, I just wanted to make that clear

15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think he needs fame either, he was in a runoff for Mayor of Houston. Was a lawyer in one of the biggest oil spill lawsuits of all time.
    Maybe he wants national recognition, maybe.

UTSA2step likes this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

only one went back so that confirms it is not what a normal person would do.

18. bobrek

Clearly I don't know all the details, but at face value, that's a difficult case to make.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I am firmly - FIRMLY - on the innocent until
    proven guilty.

But I really hate all the “why would blah blah.” Or “convenient timing blah blah”.

surely we know by now that sexual assault happens all kinds of ways, often unreported for a while if not forever, and can happen to the same person multiple times.

20. bobrek

I agree, but in general the multiple occurrences happen either with multiple abusers or with situations where you live with or are under control of the abuser.

It's just odd that the worker had to actually accept a second appointment after the first occurrence, but I'm not in that person's situation.