1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You are a Texans fan... why?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Bud Adams stole my Oilers and left Houston like a thief in the night.

The only thing Bob McNair did right was restore football in Houston. Even through all the **** that this team goes through and puts us through, I'm sticking with them.

2. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

My new favorite team, is anyone who is currently playing the Texans. I hope they lose every game until Cal is gone. This team doesn't deserve any devotion or fan loyalty. But deep down inside, my irrational self will still be wanting the Texans to win. Area pride over owner ineptitude.

IBTL and Duke Fan like this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

The league needs to retract the Texans

if only we had rights to the oilers. BS

gatsby, AleksandarN and IBTL like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Because I get Texans gear from my wife and kids every Father’s Day, birthday and Christmas for the past 8 years. My wardrobe never pivots away from battle red, deep steel blue and liberty white.

IBTL and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Let's get one thing straight, as much as that whole episode sucked, it was not expedient.

That was a long, long messy breakup with a lot of acrimony.

Hell the team was here for almost two whole years with publicly announced plans to leave.

clos4life likes this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Last couple years I have not watched but a handful of games as the whole franchise stinks (except the players putting their bodies on the line). Probably won't watch either until they get their ish straight. I won't actively root for a non-Houston team but the days of supporting them are over.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Real talk.

That first game was the pinnacle of the organization.

Sampras v agassi
    and then d carr ....that was a great sports day and to think how it fell off

Damn

Jontro likes this.
  9. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Because I was born within an arbitrary city border...and it has made me be a die-hard of all Houston sports teams my whole life, even though I’ve moved away the last couple years

Htown Legend and IBTL like this.
  10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Simple. I’m from Houston and I always root for my city.

Uprising and Htown Legend like this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Unintentional comedic relief.

I'm totally serious.

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Because I like to see how day drunk I can get on Sunday afternoons while being jealous of other fanbases that have real organizations.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. msn

msn Member

Because they're Houston's team. But the last couple years that hasn't been enough. I keep telling myself I'll support the Saints. But I keep popping in here to check what's happening with this dumpster fire. I love H-town. I wish the nfl team merited support.

The last few years, I've found myself hoping the Texans win, but actually watching everyone else's games. Because I like watching well-played football, and we haven't seen that on 610 in a long fricken time.

Caserio's moves of late have piqued my interest. But... meh.

clos4life likes this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yup this whole texans forum, their entire existence - some sort of living satire

15. body slam

body slam Member

they are my team. I support them through the good times and bad

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am here, completely. I grew up an Oilers fan, moved away from town, still loving and dying with the 'Stros and the Rox, but I never fell in love with the Texans until reading these awesome BBS threads. :D

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I only follow this team anymore because of sunk cost.

Uprising, IBTL, msn and 1 other person like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Some guys pay hookers to stomp on their testicles, some guys are Texans fans. Masochism comes in many forms.

whag00, IBTL and couple of d's like this.
  19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Born and raised in houston...I guess being a Texans fan is part of the civic pride.

20. Arnaud

Arnaud Member

I'm French (sorry for the mistakes guys), but I lived four years in Houston when I was a kid and I've followed and supported all Houston sports teams since then. I'm really passionate about sports, even made it my job. But the number of Texans games I watch decreases every year, I don't stay up anymore if the game is at night, as I often do for the Rockets (getting hard this year too hahaha But there are still things to get excited about at least). The Texans situation keeps getting worse, somehow this franchise keeps finding a way to surprise me in a bad way, and the hard part is that I don't see it getting better in the near future (although, like every year, imma get tricked into being intrigued by our new players).

But my attachment to the city and its teams is just too strong in the end. I'll always root for the team, don't really care about others, can't help it. Keep the faith would say Jack I guess... Man, can't wait for the good times. All the banter on this forum also really helps getting through this shitstorm haha so keep it up guys, love yall

clos4life likes this.