1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Silas the worst nba head coach in NBA history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 19, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

PJ blamed it on lack of playmaking but Silas tried to reinvent wheel and had our best spot up shooters put ball on floor instead of catch and shoot. PJ and BMac are near elite C&S but by dribbling they have to become of the dribble shooters where they are not nearly as efficient.

Also by unnecessarily moving away from their best spots, the inefficiency is multiplied.

Nook, ElPigto and hakeem94 like this.
  2. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Between organizing extremely bad shooting positions and bad 3rd quarter plans were we get 100% destroyed every game by the opposing teams halftime plan I can't image anyone can logically think Silas is a strong coach.

hakeem94, bballjunkie and ashleyem like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Cannot judge him too much, but IF his coaching means quick offense, iso, do whatever you want Wall and Dipo - this will be our back court if it’s up to Silas supposedly - with no body nor ball movement, off the ball screens etc then he can leave as soon as the we need to start winning.

ashleyem and CVcrew like this.
  4. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Why would you allow a player to spot up 150 times in a position where for his entire career shoots 25%?

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Nook likes this.
  6. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

He's been instructed by the top to tank and he's executing it beautifully.
    I give him an A+. Ya'll need to focus on the BIGGER picture.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He doesn't want to accidentally win .... ???

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The league is not kind to rookie coaches, even experienced rookie coaches.

I do not think he is there yet, he can only coach 25 games efficiently, it becomes a grind.

But luckily we're unofficially tanking.

9. csc177

csc177 Member

LOL....Three bonafide all stars? And then continues to use the word “idiot” to describe someone....

laughable...

RCPM likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't have a single veteran star on our team. They were never in the top 10 of any category. A genius coach wouldn't have taken them to a championship. I don't know how anyone expects this bunch we have with no all-star caliber players to beat teams with players who they would be backing up on a bench. We need to hope our draft picks can rebuild us to another level of young talent with a couple real all-stars again.

11. R94

R94 Member

People keep defending him when I say he sucks. But by now he should’ve lucked his way into a win. When you’re setting the franchise record for losses in a row how good can you possibly be. The games are over within the first 10 minutes. At this point I think they are just using him to lose, just a bridge coach to tank.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Best post of the year.....beat me to it. Always an excuse from Rockets fans. Not enough rest, not enough practice, Covid world, tanking, starters are out, adjusting to new system, blah, blah, blah. This is always exclusive to our team and our team only. Folks we are on the cusp of breaking the ALL TIME NBA RECORD in the history of the sport for futility!!!!!! Amazingly, this full coaching staff is still in place.

hakeem94 and R94 like this.
  13. R94

R94 Member

Exactly, you can tank without being the worst damn team in NBA history.

hakeem94, D-rock and bballjunkie like this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We are and this coaching staff shouldn’t be in it.

15. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Still in his corner. What I see is this. A bunch of vets putting up numbers individually (when they play) and hoping to play there way out of here via trade. I will begin to judge his coaching after the trade deadline when the youth movement starts. Right now he gets a pass IMO and it’s because of the front office, player movement, lack continuity in line ups, and injuries.

My suspicion is Tillman wants to play the odds on keeping that lottery pick. The only way to do that is lose.

Corrosion, sushimaster and vlaurelio like this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wait, are we mad we lost? Because I'm glad we lost to the Pistons. I want their spot.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who are the 3 bonafide allstars? None of these guys are in the top 10 tier.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just curious, what record would make you say that this coaching staff is great?

Nook likes this.
  19. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Before the season started, I thought Silas said specifically he wanted to get away from iso ball. Harden didn’t even look like himself in this offense. Idk what to say because after the first 10 games of the season it looked like we had something good with defense but everything is gone now lol.

D-rock likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

It’s a planned tank the owner is so hands on he would be on ESPN saying that Silas has robbed him by making one player after another quit and losing winnable games. Think of all the people that quit the organization in the last six months; not a word.