1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will we get for Victor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 18, 2021.

?

How much do we get for Victor?

1. 1st and expirings

2. 1st and 2nd plus expirings

3. 2 1st's

4. 1st in the 8-11 range

5. 2 1st's and a good young player

6. 3 1sts

7. He's not going anywhere. We're keeping him.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Buy one get one subway footlong coupon good till the end of March.

javal_lon and Boston84 like this.
  2. Boston84

Boston84 Member

i know no one who works for the warriors and I also concur that wiseman and the Minnesota pick are off the table lol

3. raining threes

^^^^
    This

Or VO will be part of a trade that nets a guy like A. Gordon.

BamBam likes this.
  4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Dipo has a decent amount of leverage here - his value is that of a few month rental for most teams(a second or maybe a raw project player at best) and possibly a “finders fee” type reward(a bench rotational player or a late 1st) for teams he seriously wants to play for. The only way Houston gets any really good value above that is if there are multiple suitors for him but Dipo gets to choose who those teams are that he would consider signing with making it difficult for Stone to chase specific assets(like “teams with a first round pick to offer”).

Basically Stone has to find Dipo’s preferred FA destinations - try to talk up a bidding war between the teams and see what value he can get in one of those transactions and then compare that to what he thinks he can get from the rental scenario teams.

...just feels like a long shot that we pull too much value out of him - especially if Tillman isn’t willing to take on someone’s salary dump. That said - if there is a “foundational” guy out there that a team is shopping, Dipo +Gordon +picks would make a great piece to start from.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

A decade supply of I.O.Us from his next team

saleem likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm thinking they don't get a whole lot .... Any contender renting him offering 1st round picks will likely be 20 or later , unless they ask for a future pick.

Then there's the fact that any team without cap space or a $21m TPE is going to have to send out $17.5m in salary for matching purposes ....

My expectations are that he's moved ..... but I don't think they get much of a return. late first at best and they take back a poor contract in the process.

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

1st is being generous tbh.

saleem and IvanLCPM like this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Send him to philly for Simmons! Lmao!

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

With Wall back in the lineup before the trade deadline, he's sinking vic's value.

I've never seen a PG make so many players worse than John Wall.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Pistons 2nd from the Knicks is the answer.

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The league front offices are looking at us like we are a joke it seems. These guys are acting like they belong, but in reality they are asking way too much for their assets and no team is taking them seriously. It really feels like they are children dressed like adults, and every other team thinks it cute. This is where Morey was able to excel, he was able fleece people somehow, and I think he had a lot of skill when it came to negotiating or complicating a deal so much that he probably confused the other team into a poor deal.

So far we;

Asked for Herro for PJ Tucker, ended up with close to nothing
    Asking a lot for Harden / waiting too long to trade and ended up getting fleeced
    Waited too long to trade PJ and his ego was injured so he tanked his value to force a trade, waited too long to trade EGO and then he gets injured
    Were laughed at by GSW for asking for Wiseman or T-Wolves pick for Oladipo.

It is very concerning that we have blown up this team and will be getting nearly nothing in return, and we are getting laughed at by nearly every front office.

kevtse likes this.
  13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It’s not a massive haul for Harden if those picks are all in the back half of the first round. It’s really sort of trash for a top 5 player. Unless you are the kind of guy that thinks Golden Corral is a great restaurant bc you can eat WS much mediocre food as you want.

slothy420, Aruba77 and saleem like this.
  14. Rokman

Rokman Member

6 days to go and he will probably be gone in 4. My guess is one young player and a 2nd Rd Pick.

BallSoHarden and vator like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rox mostly got an expiring deal and picks so it should be obv the deal will bad if they all turn out to be 20+ picks.

16. riko

riko Member

Aaron Gordon absolutely had one of the best performances of the year tonight. You ain’t getting him for Dipo

saleem likes this.
  17. BigBum

BigBum Member

Take Wiggins and Wolves pick

That’s a max for Victor and Exum.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

honestly how can u put much stock in these reports? You don’t know. I’ll be the first to admit that I have no confidence in Tillman’s ability to make the right decisions for this franchise. And I’m worried that we’ll screw all of this up, but Let’s see what happens.

#78 Aruba77, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’d definitely take on Wiggins and deal Dipo for the wolves pick or Wiseman. I wonder if that’s on the table.

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want us to add whatever GS needs to either get Wiseman or Minny pick. I also believe we need to go the long road on rebuild, so personally I'd love to do Oladipo and Wood for Wiseman/Minny pick and Wiggins.

Oladipo+House+Detroit Pick+Wizards Pick+Blazers pick this year for either Wiseman or Minny pick
    Wood+Dipo+House+Wizards pick for Wiggins+filler.

Otherwise I think it will be Oladipo for a moderately protected 1st. Oladipo has been trash but I think someone will invest a 1st in hopes he can elevate their playoff run. Likely NY or maybe someone like Atlanta. Maybe Cam Reddish+filler?

joshuaao and Aruba77 like this.