1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Doesn't really help his case, but he was 17 (and in high school) at the time of this tweet. Would be more of an indictment if he was already a collegiate athlete or a professional athlete.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Deleting it makes it look so much worse

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

He really should have just stuck to the one “masseuse” who oils it just right and put her on the payroll.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Have Buzbee and Hardin ever gone head to head before?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Best thing for Watson now, is to settle for the least amount of money to assure the accusers don't cooperate with a police investigation. Yes, this is a money a grab. However, sometimes you have to cut your loses. Hire a PR firm....and go from there. You might get an NFL suspension for 8-10 games.

whag00 likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tony Buzbee says more lawsuits coming against Deshaun Watson, denies rumors of Texans collusion

Tony Buzbee, the Houston attorney representing seven women who have accused Deshaun Watson of sexual assault, said Friday he plans to file five additional cases against the Texans quarterback and his law firm has spoken to even more women who allege similar conduct.

Most of the additional women also are licensed massage professionals who work in spas, Buzbee said, and each case alleges similar conduct — a situation where Watson is in control and refuses to listen when the women tell him they are uncomfortable.

Buzbee said his law firm has spoken to 10 women beyond the 12 he is already representing, for a total of 22. He said he has vetted each woman’s claims, including the first plaintiff who came to him.

In the lawsuits, multiple women accuse Watson of touching them with his penis, exposing himself and trying to kiss them against their will. Watson is also accused of trying to force a woman to perform oral sex on him.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...haun-watson-sex-assault-lawsuits-16039118.php

7. Buck Turgidson

Doubtful. This isn't Buzbee's normal type of case.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard people suggest Easterby is behind exposing Watson as a sexual predator..... but even if that was true, and there's no evidence it is, what difference would it make?

If the people who exposed Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstien did it for personal reasons would it change anything?

primtim24 and deb4rockets like this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member

I'm just trying to determine how they prove this? There were no witnesses.

Woman: Watson showed me his junk and wanted me to rub it.
    Watson: No I didn't. These women just want a payday.

I'm not saying he didn't do it. I am wondering how it is proven.

Pistol Pete and mario_v like this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

That would be more believable if the lawsuit came out right after they traded him. Beforehand there really is no reason for the Texans to expose him, or leak his massage exploits to Buzbee.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Maybe in small time suits or settlements, lawyers cross paths all the time...but nothing that's ever been in the media...and nothing nearly as big as this.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Good one TJ

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I don't believe the conspiracy theory either, but I was just thinking about it from the assumption the conspiracy theory was true....it still wouldn't make things any better for Watson.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Two things I'm wondering:

1) How many women did Buzbee know about when he filed the first lawsuit? Were there multiple women? Or was it just one and others started contacting his office after hearing the news?

2) Has he rejected any of the women he's vetted for not being credible?

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Why do you think so many women stay silent for so long against sexual predators and rapists? The backlash and burden of proof can be unbearable, especially when people lash out at them as liars and try to discredit or slander them in ugly ways. Some feel more apt to report later when others come forward, simply because they aren't alone.

17. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Landry's is chipping in saying Android.

However, the screenshot of one of the messages is on iMessages no?

[​IMG]

18. Mr. Space City

19. Buck Turgidson

1) I believe it was 3

2) Good question, not sure it really matters though

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Deshaun is fitting the profile of a sex addict who has the means to act on his desires.

Tiger Woods had similar tendencies. So does any athlete who used to frequent strip clubs.

Everybody always says “why would they resort to such shennanigans when they could have anybody they want!”... but that’s precisely part of the addiction.

Once this is “settled” (and its likely going to happen for a certain monetary figure), Deshaun will have to come forward and speak at some point. It is unlikely to prevent any team from trading for him... but it may delay this max value, and thus a trade before the draft. How the Texans and team Deshaun handle things between each other before the start of training camp remains to be seen.

whag00, conquistador#11 and Sooty like this.