1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The question becomes this.

Do they want Oladipo?

Do they prefer Iggy or Olynyk? If Olynyk, he couldn't be there next year.

They would have to renounce their free agents down the board and decline all player options.

Bradley, Dragic, Robinson, Nunn, Olynyk.

That frees up to I think $25M for Oladipo.

With this.

They are giving up Iggy and Herro for Oladipo and maybe Augustin if they want him.

Bo6, joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Boston84

Boston84 Member

but taking themselves out of the beal sweepstakes who they also have coveted and who will inevitably become available even though not right now. While simultaneously attaching major dollars to oladipo’s injury’s. Just don’t see them attaching herro

treyk3 likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Fair assumption and probably the right call but Butler isn't getting any younger. Oladipo helps them significantly now.

also just as an addition.

They don't have the assets to make that work to be honest.

Once Robinson is paid 18M a season his trade value becomes probably close to a negative. Nunn will get 10-12M. So they have Herro to offer with little draft capital? Next season with their cap in the offseason they'd be able to make a trade a bit easier but still Precious, Herro and Okpala + 1 FRP is not a Beal package.

Boston84 likes this.
  4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

that’s assuming they pay robinson, seems like a no brainer now but it’s a year where there’s a lot more teams with money than good players. Someone is gonna massively overpay for robinson and the heat can match if they want to. Also in regards to beal and you guys know this better than me.

Beal has an option after next year and he’s going to opt out because he’ll be eligible for a higher percentage of the cap due to his years played. He Essentially is on a 1 year deal starting next season. If he demands a trade this offseason which to me is likely or at worst in season next year he 100% has all the leverage and can dictate where he goes.

you can say well herro precious okpala isn’t a beal package but if beal wants to go to Miami and tells teams interested he’s only re-signing there then the wizards won’t get much better. So beal absolutely has all the cards once it gets past this deadline and his agent mark bartlestein is a riley guy and they are a destination

Mr Woods and treyk3 like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is true.

Feigen just reported that the Rockets are willing to attach a FRP to obtain a foundational piece.

That to me screams John Collins or Herro in an Oladipo + FRP trade.

DonKnock, joshuaao, csnerd84 and 3 others like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That song is the song for everybody that gets passed up on and then turns out to be a good-to-great player. Maybe he's just saying other teams are trying to get him now after passing up on him then (although it's not like he was a 2nd round pick or undrafted).

But then again... who knows. :D

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Seems like a random part of the year to post this song.

He either a) knows something b) is trolling or c) is oblivious

DonKnock and 18pbr like this.
  8. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Well if the rockets are gonna attach their 1st to oladipo this year then yea that changes things for Miami at least enough to think about it for sure. The thing is say Miami does it, they get dipo and now they have that pick I guess they could flip it for Collins

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't think they'd go that far unless they were able to maintain the top 4 protection.

Which would ironically end up with Miami with their own pick if it fell out of the top 4.

The Rockets have a lot of other picks to offer. Portland, Milwaukee this year. Brooklyn next.

No way they give up a top 4 pick for Herro, he's not on that level. not in this draft. I'd argue age aside, he's much worse than Oladipo.

Bo6, DonKnock, RustyHarden and 3 others like this.
  10. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yup. Agreed just thinking how that totally changes things. Doubt hawks move on Collins now, they are on a 7 game win streak and the owner demanded the playoffs this year. They should hold onto him and match but also if they get a haul offered that’s a different story

raining threes and treyk3 like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree they should hold onto Collins.

I still don't understand their offseason but I'm sure if they make a nice run in the first round, they can get off some of the new salary like Bogdan and Danilo.

Boston84 likes this.
  12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm not invested in this unless Iggy posts "Tighten Up" by Archie Bell and the Drells.

white_dragon, topfive, BamBam and 2 others like this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Boston84 and @treyk3

You guys are being far too reasonable. Throw some insults in there or something. Thought this was America!

BamBam and Boston84 like this.
  14. finsraider

finsraider Member

And let me amend my previous statement that Herro is not a foundational piece.

That doesn’t mean you don’t try to trade for him, if the price is right. He’s just not a guy you put everything on the table for.

I would 100% do Oladipo and a 2021 1st for Herro.

15. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Hero a foundational piece? Lol. No. Why would the Rockets add a FRP? If anything, Miami should be the one attaching a pick.

groovemachine likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dipo is going to Knicks or 76ers IMO.

Knicks determined to make some noise in playoffs while 6ers need to make another move to counter the offensive powerhouse that are the Nets.

If Lowry is truly off the table, Dipo becomes even more valuable to the contenders, especially those in the East.

The championship goes through Brooklyn.

Heat are a lost cause, just too delusional about their own players' values.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

You got this Ra-fell!!!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

d) or he just likes the song? o_O

raining threes likes this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Beal made himself unavailable, if reporting is to believed.

Boston84 likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno he got a lot of haters now after he got hyped all to hell last year.

Rudyc281 likes this.