1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah. The NFL getting involved is a big deal. They are kind of a stand-in for a criminal investigation at the moment.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Watson wanted out of Houston because he felt he was wallowing in this behavior and if he got out of Houston he could redeem himself. Maybe he knew the whole situation was fixing to come down on him. He sure was quiet about why he wanted to be traded, I for one hope that all of this is not true, I have a lot of respect for him and I believe he may have got himself mixed up in a world that maybe he shouldn’t have

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Unless and until these assertions, these claims are tested in the crucible of cross examination by Rusty Hardin, who is the LeBron James of litigators as far as I’m concerned, then they remain allegations.” — Brian Wice (Ch.2 legal analyst)

AMEN.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But they didn’t want to listen to Jack smh

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Screw you Rusty lol

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I thought broken ribs was the worst thing that could happen to a Houston sports star at a massage...

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Missed opportunity, there.

Rusty Hardin should be the James Harden of litigators.

Theking and Two Sandwiches like this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

NFL is getting involved and I read somewhere the number of complaints is now at nine. This could get really bad. Like, suspended for a long time kinda bad.

The Tyrod Taylor signing is looking a lot better right now...

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, Rusty does not “choke” in big pressure situations.

10. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Nothing wrong with a massage right? Good luck proving more.

whag00 likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

humbly suggest evidence and truth should be more important to us that what lawyer is involved.

AleksandarN, Pistol Pete and Nook like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

What did he do that is dumb? Posted a letter that is labeled confidential that he never agreed to be held in confidence?

To be clear, I am not saying he is a wonderful person, he is all about himself. However he has made over $700,000 million dollars over the last 20 years and is one of the ten most successful trial attorneys in the USA.

He is painting a picture and controlling the narrative and keeping this in the news.

Some of his antics are obvious, such as his claim that the suits are filed at the jurisdictional minimum, yet in the complaint he makes reference to the NFL having a part in this and also asks for punitive damages.

I don’t think he is above making mistakes but I haven’t seen any big mistakes he has made thus far.

IBTL and B-Bob like this.
  13. likestohypeguy

Where is Rusty Hardin's analogous rank, in his respective field?

Not to reduce this to a battle of litigators, only to a certain extent obviously.

14. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Sigh. There goes my dream of drafting Zach Wilson.

Hope he ends up in jail, if the allegations are true.

15. Nook

Nook Member

It is more odd to me. You don’t mention there are 9 more unless you or your office has vetted them... that is flying by the seat of his pants and is dangerous when dealing with a public case like this.

UTSA2step likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

In 2021 there is no better defense attorney in Harris county and likely Texas than Hardin. I thought Racehorse Haynes was better but he is dead. There are some others outside of Texas like Gerry Spence that are arguably more famous and possibly better trying a case outside of Texas.

The quality of counsel on both sides is very good. Buzbee is one of the wealthiest and most successful attorneys in the world as well.

A lot of it will come down to the facts. Normally Iwoud worry about Hardin home towning someone but Buzbee also is well known and won’t be intimidated.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I wonder if Carlos tried something similar but the masseuse reacted by pushing him off the table and kicking him in the ribs?

phasors28 likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Imagine the biggest sporting event that involves Houston in 2021 not involving the Rockets, Texans or another sports team, but Buzbee v. Hardin, instead.

Imagine.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

He said that 9 more had "hired him" since the original case went public and that they are currently vetting them. Not a lot of downside in publicizing that I don't think. If the final number ends up being far fewer I don't think it'll hurt him. It's certainly on brand with Buzbee's hubris.

Nook likes this.
  20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I gotta say, it is fascinating watching this play out on twitter. Specifically how quickly people buy into the conspiracy of the Texans/McNairs being behind it.

Also, the Johnny Football billboard pic where Buzbee says he's Bob's neighbor keeps steadily growing from Neighbor, to next door neighbor, to close friend, to longtime family friend, etc.

Explains how crap like qAnon spreads.

joshuaao, B-Bob, UTSA2step and 3 others like this.