1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

You getting rubdowns too Tytus? We’re you one of the guys Watson suggested go see the plaintiff?

I get it, he is trying to stand up for his teammate but maybe the Texans front office should talk to these guys and get them to not post.... last thing we need is more Texans players or the organization involved.

UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Anybody else think it's really unusual to have this many accusers come forward all at once via the same attorney?

Normally this stuff comes out as a trickle, not a waterfall.

3. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

What's up with "massages" following Easterby around?

IBTL likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Watson on Twitter: “Guys tough day, lots of allegations against me. I just had to relax so I am going to get a full body rub down and will release a statement later tonight.

ktex, Theking and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

No, not really. He did his research and he has likely already met with and thoroughly vetted the vast majority of these women. He is releasing information slowly for effect. He knows what he is doing and he has an angle. This isn’t something he did by the seat of his pants, all of this was carefully done.

He has evidence or he wouldn’t have filed these suits.

King1, Red.Glare, Fiah and 1 other person like this.
  6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah I do agree on that. This has to have been in the works for months. And while I don't see how this benefits the Texans as it kills his trade value, I do think that Jack Eastersnake is the one human who would try to orchestrate something like this (let's not pretend that POS cares about the Texans). I hope that isn't the case...and the sheer number of women seems unlikely that this is a hatchet job. This is just...bizarre. But pretty troubling as well. Damn...smdh

joshuaao, UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's all well and good, but it's not like there was a national awareness campaign to weed out claims from Instagram chicks Watson slid into the DMs of. Normally we hear additional people come forward after the initial suit. This is all at once. Weird and not common.

jiggyfly, Sooty and Pistol Pete like this.
  8. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Nice to see a Texans lineman finally protecting the quarterback

IBTL, UTSA2step, rfrocket and 8 others like this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why did none of these women go to the cops? 9 women does not look good for watson, but you figure one them would have gone to the cops.

Hakeemtheking and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

If he’s a sexual predator, he belongs in jail can RUN FOR AND SERVE AS PRESIDENT! ;)

JoeBarelyCares and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I had a feeling the Watson situation would be different, that he would be supported and not be canceled. People hate the Texans more than they like virtue signaling on social media/internet LOL.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Anecdotal here, but after I was sexually assaulted I didn't go to the cops because I didn't want to deal with reliving it. The legal process is lengthy and stressful. Perhaps if I were a better person I would have had the fortitude to see it through in that arena (sought other remedy).

I can only imagine how fearful I would be of the fallout and reprisal if I was a woman and the person assaulting me was a rich and famous dude.

13. steveng125

steveng125 Member

hardin a known lawyer?

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

@Nook this guy you seem to have a lot of professional respect for sure does do a lot of dumb stuff.

15. Joshfast

Supporting Member

oh yeah, it’s a face off between superstar lawyers.

16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

If only the Texans had a character coach who could have prevented this from happening. Oh wait...

jiggyfly, clos4life and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Joshfast

Supporting Member

IIRC Easterby quit the Patriots because he was so pissed the owner got a handy during a massage right?

UTSA2step likes this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Buzbee just posted that he hasn't vetted or met with anyone beyond the first 3 and the the additional people came forward only very recently (since the original suit was filed) , so this looks a little less weird now.

19. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Yes that's correct. The whole thing is surreal.

Joshfast likes this.
  20. likestohypeguy

When you see that NFL letterhead, it feels so serious, like a district court subpoena; they might be getting sued themselves before all this is over.

I want to see him riff on this in his next stand-up video, a bit on how to broach the subject of anal greasing with the craigslist masseuse.

Joshfast and cmoak1982 like this.