1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -11.6 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and -1.6 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Justise Winslow
    24 year old, 6-6, 225 lb SF from Duke
    8.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 22.0 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] De'Anthony Melton
    22 year old, 6-3, 200 lb SG from USC
    10.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.4 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Victor Oladipo
    28 year old, 6-4, 210 lb G from Indiana
    20.8 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.7 apg in 33.0 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Danuel House
    27 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from Texas A&M
    9.2 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.9 apg in 27.2 minutes in 2020-2021

joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Orlando would be a natural 3rd team in the PJ deal, assuming we want Gordon. Could easily be added with Exum and Augustine going to the Magic with a few picks.

The interesting part to Aaron Gordon is we can fairly easily outbid the rumored competitors without putting a real dent in our assets. Augustine, Exum, Portland 1st and Milwaukee 2021 1st is a better offer than they will get elsewhere. In addition, those are recoverable assets with Gordon’s contract...ie if we go a different direction at some point next year, we can probably get back 2 FRPs for him, and they will be farther out.

I like Gordon for the flexibility. Other teams clearly value him, and he fills a role on our team. As long as we don’t have to give up any of our picks beyond this year, I can get on board.

From Houston’s perspective, it’s really just PJ, a 2nd and the Portland 2021 1st for Gordon.

#4082 finsraider, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    joshuaao, D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The good news is:

Whatever happens or does not happen, only one week of this s*** left to go!!!!!!!

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Kind of depressing.

Not a ton of things to look forward to until the lottery once Thursday passes.

I ****ing love trades and hypotheticals. During the pre-Harden years it was what really kept me engaged on here.

eliefor3, joshuaao and CVcrew like this.
  5. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Same. I keep hitting the refresh button up until the deadline. I’ll be a casual again until we get closer to the draft.

treyk3 likes this.
  6. finsraider

finsraider Member

When the deadline passes, we will have KPJ, KJM, Wood, Tate and whatever other players come in for Oladipo to watch. I’m pumped. This is an underrated time to be a Rockets fan.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Sure but nothing really to talk about this year.

Winning games hurts the pick odds and losing games is disheartening.

After March 25, the only date that matters is in May for the lottery.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We should rename this forum Game Carnage & Roster Fantasies

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I’ve learned to enjoy both. To root for our young guys to develop, and for us to lose.

At this point, it’s designed losing. There are enough flaws in the roster to guarantee we can’t consistently win. At the same time, there may come a time when our starters (KPJ/Tate/Wood) keep pace with other starting units, but our bench unit implodes...that’s what to cheer for IMO. Watch the chemistry improve, but still lose games.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'll keep watching every game but I'll never be happy with a loss. I don't care about the implications. I don't like to lose.

@D-rock

I got a trade idea for you.

That 2023 Bucks pick is juicy.

Expand the Tucker trade.

Augustin, Exum and House + Milwaukee pick (top 5 Protected) for Aaron Gordon.

IF Eric Gordon comes back this year (Nwaba won't)

Wall/KPJ
    Oladipo/Eric Gordon
    Tate/ Brown
    Aaron Gordon/ KMJ
    Wood/ DJ Wilson

That looks like a good team.

I'd be happy signing Oladipo with that.

#4090 treyk3, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    18pbr and D-rock like this.
  11. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Disagree there.

There’s a lot to talk about. Trade deadline deals, what we can get for our vets, what direction the franchise should go, 2021 free agents, KPJ/KJ Martin potential, and most importantly, talking about draft prospects considering we have 3(!) FRP in 2021.

I’d actually argue there’s less to talk about when we’re winning a bunch. During the 65 win season, there was nothing to really say. It was mostly Harden MVP talk, which the media was sort of already on board with most of the year so there wasn’t much debate, and the inevitable GSW vs HOU matchup.

conquistador#11 and xaos like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Read what I said. Deadline deals is my favorite topic. I said I wasn’t excited after the deadline until May for the draft lottery. Nothing matters for me until we know the position of the picks. April is going to be a fun month to watch losing basketball but nothing that interests me on here. I like talking trades. It’s not a statement of fact, it’s an opinion. Personally I’ll take a nice breather from posting here for a month and cut back my time here a little while.

13. xaos

xaos Member

It's been a fun time for me only because my expectations. If we were in 10th place I would actually be less enthusiastic. I know our odds are still 52% of having a top 4 pick, but I do believe this is the correct route and we are doing it with young players that have a lot of room to grow - not just some g league players

Stone has shown he can evaluate talent or his staff can (tate, kmj, kpj, wood, etc).

14. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Is anyone else worried that Oladipo might be staying a Rocket. I haven’t heard or read anything on that trade front. Hopefully they pull something like the Tucker trade and are able to move him before the deadline.

saleem likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Nah.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope they won't trade him for junk.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Minny may be strong contenders too.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

You believe that Bucks pick will make Magic mouth water?

I hear they want players, starting caliber. At the 2 or 3 spot.

Hope Stone is paying attention!

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Not worried at all.

He's a good teammate and a good player.

I have no problem with him on the Rockets a) long term b) in a SNT c) walking in free agency.

It really doesn't matter.

If the trade isn't there right now, don't take a lower offer.

ilias, 18pbr and D-rock like this.
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I saw that. That proposed offer is not one the Magic would accept. First, because they already have Fultz signed long term...no need for Rubio. Second because the wolves can’t trade their 2023 1st because of the 1-3 protection they have on the pick they owe GSW...it would have to be 2024. Given the state of their team, 1-10 protection would not excite me if I’m the Magic.

Not saying Minny couldn’t get a deal done, but that ain’t it.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.