1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone hit me with the D.J. Wilson inside scoop.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Mar 17, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah if I get a reply that I believe deserves a response, I'll do so

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Right now we are playing something called an Anthony Lamb and another guy with a square head whose name I can’t think of right now for some damn reason. Looks like a Minecraft character. You know who I’m talking about, the tall one, basically the only other tall player we have other than Wood. What I’m trying to say is, I don’t think we can be too picky right now.

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Now I have square bolts in my ad feeds lol.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

wat why? you hafta work your magic and convince

5. VoR

VoR Member

We get to see if he is worth bringing back next year by giving him substantial minutes. Line up of Wood, Wilson, Wall/Porter, Dipo, Tate/Nwaba likely.

Wilson will help give Wood some rest. This is the biggest key.

jcmoon and raining threes like this.
  6. csc177

csc177 Member

As long as he’s better than Patton...I’m good

DaDakota, jcmoon and raining threes like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We got the kid from full house

raining threes likes this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s not. That’s not a good comparison though. I think they’re going to be more inclined to use him as a stretch 4. He’s quick, much quicker than Lamb or Patton, but he’s really not a natural shooter.I guess he could take some of Patton’s backup 5 minutes, but I doubt that is the plan. I still like him a little as a project, but he’s 25 years old and hasn’t ever broken out at all really. But, he has some size, he has good defensive ability, he can shoot the three a little, he’s quick, so there is some potential there. Don’t expect much though and you won’t be disappointed.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He does have talent but he's lost in MIL rotations because they are trying to compete for a title. He hasn't had a chance to really develop a true role.

VoR and DaDakota like this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Right now, we're lacking size. Patton is trash we should threw out yesterday. He's been horrible. Same with Lamb.

As long as this kid can clog the paint, defend, and rebound....don't care if he can score or not.

Unfortunately, it just means the rest of the team will have to capitalize on scoring.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Do you want the, "sugar-coated," version or the, "please don't sugar-coat it," version?

I'm sure you have heard Dick Vitale call a player a, "PTP," (Prime Time Player).......this kid is not.

"GTP" (Garbage Time Player) is more like it.
    Dec / 4 games (10.8 mins per game)
    Jan / 3 games (9.4 mins per game)
    Feb / 3 games (7.7 mins per game)
    March / 2 games (5.1 mins per game)

Good news is he shot 45% from 3 at home games (13% on road games); bad news: that was probably during garbage time.

Poor John Lucas gets another project to work with. I'm guessing much better outcome than Kurucs though.

#31 ApacheWarrior, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    coachbadlee and saleem like this.
  12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah that’s the guy I was thinking of that I couldn’t remember his name. Roblox looking dude. He’s been awful most games. Shooting 41% and hasn’t gotten more than 6 rebounds in a game yet despite playing decent minutes and being 7 feet tall.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He's got nothing to lose. He should play freely once he gets comfortable around the guys. But, if he gets nervous as expected, then he will riding the bench all game long.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. CertifiedTroll

Could he be a lesser Terrence Jones?

coachbadlee and tinman like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

define lesser Terrence Jones"

I was thinking "lesser Dwight Howard" because he is shooting 50% from the free throw line. But a D-12 that can shoot some three's!
    Only not so good a defender rebounder.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I fell asleep, i really don’t know anything except the fact that the trade is still not publicly announced. Every time the Rockets make a trade they try to expand it and it fails.

If they do find an avenue to expand I could see Augustin re-routed to a team like Miami or Philly into their exceptions combined with like a Danuel House for a decent player back but that’s just an educated guess. Once the trade is finalized, there is no combining Augustin this year

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Random question: Anyone know the deadline to pick up his QO? I'm guessing he'll get many more minutes here given our lack of frontcourt depth.

#37 Houston77, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Typically prior to the start of the new season.Definitely after the end of this one. The Rockets get a good period of time to decide if he's a hidden gem or just another player.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Meet that DJ Wilson before this DJ Wilson.

[​IMG]