1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker traded to Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Mar 17, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Good question, also want to know

@Clutch @BimaThug do you guys know?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oops. I don't even care anymore.

external-content.duckduckgo-2.gif

mikol13 and napalm06 like this.
  3. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I wanna see if DJ Wilson can find a role with us. He is still young and has time to develop. 6’10 active athlete, we can use that on the squad. He will have rest of the season to show something. DJ Augustin will be a good vet PG to have once Wall has his surgery. I know we not trying to make playoffs, but a steady PG is always useful.

let’s keep the moves coming Stone..

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

No, but like the Wood trade, I assume we can add teams if something else fits and re-route him. Maybe the Knicks?

napalm06 likes this.
  5. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I think there’s a time limit where he has to be moved within a very short window.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Also, Detroit looks like they are about to win. With our heavy schedule in the next week, we might sink to 2. Good stuff all around.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I went out and had some green alcohol for St Patty's Day and a deal finally gets done--congrats CF!

Positives:
    - PJ is on a contender
    - Stone turned a 1st and 2nd into 2 1sts and extended our draft talent acquisition window (Well done)
    - DJ A is a decent backup point and could help a contender
    - DJ W has size and we'll get a 30+ game look at whether he has potential to be a player for us

Negatives:
    - Sometimes it pays to have a early 2nd choice vs a late 1st; don't have to pay guaranteed dollars I believe is biggest advantage

Overall, I'd have to say Stone did pretty well on this. He got two current assets for two that weren't playing and one add'l first for the price of a 2nd. It's not a slam dunk great deal, but its a sneaky could be to our benefit deal which is better than 1-2 2nd rd picks. B+ to A- grade when you consider PJ is a 36 expiring player and RK was squat.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Got to get rid of those 2. Vic doesn't want to be here and House is just garbage. We have players that play his position who outplay him every night.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

(wrong thread)

#289 Patience, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    don grahamleone likes this.
  10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you’re saying Tilman signed off on a trade that guarantees he will pay more money? That does not compute with anything I have read on this site.

RudyTBag and roslolian like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

now if they can get KZ and AG

D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i think we all realized PJ's value was close to nothing because a rebuilding team has no use for him and a contender won't want to give up much, so probably in the 2nd round pick range. flipping a high 2nd for a low 1st and taking a little bit more chance on a better 1st in 2 years is about all you could expect. is moving up by say a combined 10 spots over the 2 picks worth a 2nd rounder? probably about equal.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So basically this year the Rockets move up about 5-6 places.
    And grab a guaranteed contract.

Rocket River

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

All good points but I think one of the benefits of a 1st rounder vs a 2nd rounder is that you get an extra year on the rookie contract. And there could be a value difference moving up 7 spots, even late in the 1st. But for me the big payoff on this deal is the unprotected 2023 1st rounder.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously not mad at it.
    I think this is a net positive.

Rocket River

Shark44 likes this.
  16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

We'll see what happens with Wilson and Augustin, hoping for the best. But I'm a big fan of this deal because of the additional options it gives you this year. If the lottery goes your way, you can package the two picks in the 20s to move up into the teens and potentially grab a second impact guy. If the lottery goes bust, you can combine the three 1sts between 15 and 25 (assuming Portland makes the playoffs) and probably move into the mid-to-late lotto. Obviously that's not nearly the same as getting Cade or Suggs, but I think it's important to get at least something of significance this year, in terms of making the formula work with Christian Wood. This increases the odds of doing that.

PiPdAdY33, Deuce, BamBam and 6 others like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Id say its worth more ten spots are a lot.

Going from protected to unprotected is also big IMO the more unprotected picks you have the bigger chance of hitting the jackpot.

18. Convictedstupid

Very good trade. Do not get the pessimism around it.

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Can we get a poll for this thread?

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Augustine is always a guy I like . I hope we keep him. We need another real pg

Rocket River likes this.