1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden media flip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, Jan 17, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Harden who cared was best regular season player of the decade along with Curry and Bron yet he was hated by media reporters. Now that he plays way below that level in New York it is all love lol. But you know how it is with big market media, they love you then they hate you to death. If Brooklyn fails there will be no sugar coating from the same media idiots

chadyang likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The media doesn't hate anyone, they pick and choose the story lines for which SUCKERS would start jumping up and down about.

This is why Stephen A Smith makes $8 million a year
    @Os Trigonum

chadyang, vator and ElPigto like this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Come on, man. It’s fine to argue that she’s wrong or overrated. But can you please find a less gross way to do it?

D-rock, BMoney, Sooty and 2 others like this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

You know who built Collin Cowherds mansion ?
    You
    Did

cause you are easily
    Triggered and addicted to
    Media

Just like any other show
    You need it to be controversial

People wouldn’t watch a show about a bunch of nuns
    But they will watch jersey shore or other train wreck shows

vator likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Lots of non NBA fans know Harden as one of the Khloe's NBA Fantasy lineup dudes
    @Jontro

Jontro and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

The media are not idiots
    @Clutch
    @Os Trigonum

[​IMG]

bmelo likes this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Nets owned by Chinese team. ESPN Owned by Disney. Houston Rockets fan base huge Chinese following. Everything made in China. Rockets owner pro-trump. Morey tweeted against CCP. CCP controls everything. 5 Chinese families run CCP.

Now Harden is owned by Chinese again.

s3ts likes this.
  8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

The media coverage has absolutely gone 180 and it's obvious why. That being said, my main issue is with people acting like he is a better player now, that he has somehow transformed his game to be a team player that is conducive to winning basketball. For the people simply saying his game is more aesthetically pleasing this year than it has been in the past (like the ESPN announcer last night), I don't entirely disagree. His efficiency is as high as it's ever been since he's being a lot more selective and tactical with his shot selection instead of spamming three's all game, and he's gone back to playmaking first and scoring second. I don't think he's gotten better, but I do think the most I enjoyed watching Harden was the 2016-2017 season when he was the offense's full-blown distributor.

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Meanwhile, Giannis and Luke "carry" their teams in similar fashion, and Giannis has a better supporting cast so he's not doing it alone. And the media scrote-licks them every step of the way.

D-rock likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah. He's leading the Nets to the best record over the last month, without Kevin Durant playing a single game, and he's done so on starting scoring efficiency and leading the league in assists without incessant ISO dribble-dribble scoring and FT trips.

I'm not hearing many people talking about Harden being a better player now. Just that they enjoy watching this version of Harden play more. A lot of people were saying the same thing about Harden in 2016/2017 when he focused on ball distribution in MDA's first season as coach. Even Barkley was raving about him that year.

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I think that may be part of it, but I do also think that they are by necessity changing their tune because you can't criticize Harden the way they are used to while he's winning constantly (without Durant, no less) and playing totally differently by virtue of role players who can make threes and create shots for themselves. He IS more fun to watch for "average" NBA fans now.

Yes, those of us fans who watched him regularly already knew how much sh*t everyone else was full of. We knew he was playing the way the team needed him to play given our situation, and we knew he was already a joy to watch when he wasn't being triple teamed at half court while surrounded by brick layers. We knew of what he was capable. But now no one else has even the shallowest ability to deny his talent and versatility as a scorer AND passer.

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Nah, this is how it comes back to you when you dismiss her bias because you think her gender matters more than a biased position.

Are you going to admit she's biased now? Or are you going to keep saying anyone who criticizes her is an *******?

I'm ready to stay on this thread to keep criticizing her incredibly biased and shitty position. The question is can YOU handle it?

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I don't believe in cancel culture.

But I do believe that when someone is given a chance to rephrase his criticism so that it's about the substance of the views to which he's ostensibly objecting — and instead of rephrasing, he doubles down, insists that it's all about gender, and sticks with his original reference to the "vagina" of the person he's criticizing — that says a lot about him.

Deuce, BMoney and durvasa like this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

Nope, you made it about gender, not me. Here you are doing the exact same ****.

Let me clarify for you again because you don't have good memory: I said apparently you can't criticize her because of her vagina. You told me to rephrase it, I said this is how I'm gonna approach it because you suck at discerning when someone is right about criticizing her or not and I don't appreciate your position on her.

I'm criticizing the position YOU have that her gender matters more than her position on topics.

15. durvasa

"Yeah but you can't call her out on anything. Apparently its because her vagina trumps all logic."

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yes, this is a criticism of you and @Will.

How the hell is this so hard for you to understand?

17. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Tillman is the worst owner in the league, hands down. It's taken decades for Dolan to earn his rep. It's taken Ferntits just a couple years to completely decimate the organization.Te NBA should never have considered him when he offered to buy the team. How could it not be clear to anyone with a brain when someone has to use creative accounting just to finance the purchase. The conspiracy lover in me knows this is exactly why the NBA allowed the sale.

D-rock likes this.
  18. durvasa

How about you just stick to basketball and leave out the unnecessary references to people's genitalia.

Deuce, Rocket River and Will like this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Big time media (NYC) puts everything under a bigger microscope and spins it as to bring the biggest splash. Harden is their hero, for now, and so the media is going to pump up his greatness at every opportunity. But that sword cuts both ways. If he falters or is perceived to be a problem, he will become a villain overnight.

I don't think the media has flipped, it was just business to ignore Harden mostly when he was in a small market and not winning rings. He just wasn't that important to big time media. But now its business to spotlight, praise and elevate him.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think the narrative is that he's changed the way he played for the better which is kinda nonsense. His change of play is due to a change in personel.

Harden only fell in love with that dribble dribble stuff because our 2018-2019 season was going down the gutters and a lot of times the second play maker on the team was Danuel House with Gordon and CP injured. He had to iso his brains out because we had no ball handlers. In doing so he also took a ton of forced bad shots which lowered his efficiency.

pippendagimp and D-rock like this.