1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Shut Oladipo down immediately. An injury on him would be devastating for the rockets.

2. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

This article suggests the Rockets may hold on to Oladipo because his value is so low, but I think that's posturing. Value is low, but no reason to keep him unless Stone is willing and able to do a sign-and-trade. This article also mentions that Wall has been available, but the Rockets are impressed with his leadership and his price tag is high enough to limit a deal. Another example of posturing in my opinion. Just remember the Wizards claimed that Wall would be their PG this season and then got Westbrook lol. Don't believe every report out there. A lot of reports about the Rockets this season, who knows what to truly believe. Would be a bad look to admit to tanking and publicly shopping Oladipo as if the team doesn't want him anymore. This next week will be interesting. I've been waiting for a PJ Tucker trade to happen already. Rumors/reports are fun to follow, but also tiring. Hopefully trades happen sooner rather than later!

Also, just saw this article mentions Rockets as one of the teams interested in Dinwiddie and Nuggets interested in PJ Tucker

#602 ARA71197, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

How big will the fire sale be in Houston?

The Rockets are in a free fall, winless since early February—a 16-game losing streak, all without Christian Wood. P.J. Tucker, whose numbers have dipped precipitously this season, is expected to be traded, with rival executives pointing to Miami as the favorite. Victor Oladipo rejected a two-year, $45 million contract extension last month, and while that’s not necessarily an indicator that Oladipo wants out (Oladipo can and will secure a longer term deal as a free agent) Houston may not roll the dice on losing Oladipo for nothing next summer. Miami, again, is a projected suitor for Oladipo.

D-rock and sirjesse like this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Still would be fun to see

D-rock likes this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Umm what do you think wall and kpj are ?
    I am ofcourse kidding, the point I was making is that I am not denying the fact that you need size, I am just saying it's not as important anymore. You can have a really good team with serviceable big men and great guards but not the other way around. I would much rather spend my energy on the under 6ft 6 inch positions (though someone like cade is a 6 ft 8 guard) then on getting big men. I can find those to fit my team.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I don’t expect Oladipo to get traded. I think Tilman would prefer to have that contract come off the payroll, and I think that was always the case with him. They made him an offer that they knew he wouldn’t accept, but I don’t think they ever really intended to bring him back. We’ll see...

saleem, Rocket River and Bo6 like this.
  7. gotsis

gotsis Member

We are going to get a second round pick for Tucker and just let Oladipo walk at the end of the season, right?

The Harden trade really is counting on these future draft picks panning out (in form of a pick or as currency to trade for a future superstar) or it might have been really bad.

On the other hand, the roster built is allowing us to tank, which I still prefer than being mediocre with Ben Simmons leading the team.

jim1961 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

it’s not okay to lose Vic for nothing. A rebuilding team simply cannot take that approach; we have to continue to accumulate assets. This would be tantamount to giving away a 1st round draft pick for cap relief...which Tilly has done before. Can’t do this. They’ve had plenty of time to get creative.

gotsis, BamBam, mario elie and 4 others like this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It’s not for nothin as long as they used the money to get something this summer. Depends on what stone does with the money to spend. If we let Vic let, don’t we open up another max slot or close to it?

I’m asking because I’m not sure

charlieaustin and saleem like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While Oladipo probably has very little trade value due to his lack of quality on the court, I'm sure they can get something for him.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t see this summer as the best chance to get an impact player in free agency. The big free agents are older veterans that are not a good fit for a rebuilding team. I think 2022 is promising when guys like Zach LaVine and John Collins will be unrestricted free agents.

saleem and gfab-babyboi like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Man, @D-rock scours my twitter timeline like a beast!

DonKnock, D-rock, 18pbr and 1 other person like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A bag of chips.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I find this funny, because the other day Miami Fans were pulling for Dipo Trade to come in to fruition. I just dont get it. Rockets could atleast get Iggy, and Nunn back. If they dont want to give up Nunn, i mean Dipo is a upgrade, i mean and he wants to be part of Miami. So to me its a pretty good deal. If the deal breaker is House, than i do it.

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Tucker and Dipo better be gone and hopefully more.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much just hoping for KZ at this point.

treyk3 and raining threes like this.
  17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not particularly interested in trading for guys like Nunn or Robinson, who will be owed big pay days in free agency this offseason. I'd rather accumulate draft picks and/or young players under cheap, controllable contracts, and use cap room (or TPEs) to extract further assets from teams looking to dump salary next season. I'm fine being bad next season and maximizing our 2022 draft pick. IMO, it's the best way to establish a new foundation before those Westbrook trade picks (in 2024 and 2026) REALLY start to take their toll on this franchise.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Iggy (contract expires in 2022)........and Nunn. Wow.
    Where's the Jurgens and Kleenex? It was supposed to be right here next to the computer where I keep it handy.

#618 ROXTXIA, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  19. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

I think its all a ploy for teams to bring down the asking price.

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

No in 2022 Iggy contract is team Option, so he can become UFA real fast. Meaning after this season is done with Houston expiring if he gets traded here. Plus He might be a good mentor for Cade tbh.