1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden media flip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, Jan 17, 2021.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm glad.

The media changing its narrative is important for his HoF induction. Winning rings in Brooklyn is more important, but if they fail somehow in Brooklyn, narrative is important to the greatness we witnessed in Houston being recognized and appreciated.

amaru and D-rock like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he actual has a non-tank team without him now so I like his chances

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

I’ll say it. I can’t be the only person thinking this. I’m not sure I like watching Harden play as much as I did before and I mean that aesthetically he doesn’t look like a better player to me if I’m going by the eye test. The advanced stats seem to also point to this being a down season for him for the most part. By his standards that he has set for himself that is.

I don’t know if it’s because he’s overweight, Father Time, the system or some combination of those things, but I honestly don’t think he’s as good as he was here. I’ve watched every BKN game since the trade and yes he’s still dominating games, but he looks like a worse version of himself that is getting by with a superior supporting cast and a superior knowledge of the game.

That guy that was dropping 50 and 60 point triple doubles and averaging 40 points per game over the span of 40 games was a bad mf. Teams had special defenses designed just for Harden that they didn’t deploy against anybody else. These casuals just didn’t appreciate it. Now they get aroused by his 20, 11, and 10 games. Shame

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Holy sh*t, Dorus Burke just called Harden "so fun"!???

My god, what a difference it makes playing with a supporting cast worth half a crap.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah he also had a non tank team in 2018, the refs call Harden different thou.... I'm eager to see how they call him in the finals vs LA..... If they let Harden drive and blow the whistle on fouls LA has no chance...

SuperMarioBro and Rocket River like this.
  6. vlaurelio

if only he had a 1 single star on the court with him

ApacheWarrior and Salvy like this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah this guy was no fun. I just grabbed 4. So many more. The way he played tonight can’t even compare to any of these games. Yet tonight he was fun to watch. Get tf out of here.

#147 vator, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's relying a lot more on his passing and general sense of the game. He's not nearly as explosive as before which is why he's mainly scoring floaters.

The 50 point triple double Harden is probably never coming back.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

You see, this is why I feel Morey should get blame for our current position. Harden never had a single true star in his prime. Howard, Paul were past their primes although Paul was playing fantastic and almost got the job done. But other than that Houston never got to see Harden alongside a true star. This is also why I say that we have never really been a location for stars, regardless of players, coaches, GM and yes owners...

10. vlaurelio

harden in the past poured everything in the reg season and always ran out of gas in the playoffs

I don't mind him having an okay reg season by his standards. what needs is a great playoffs by his standards

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

12. vlaurelio

he could have at least gotten another guard doesn;t have to be a superstar. he gave up a starting and 1 rotation guard for cp3 and never added back 1 rotation guard

tycoonchip and Salvy like this.
  13. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yeah but you can't call her out on anything. Apparently its because her vagina trumps all logic.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

I agree, just a solid good guard that could create.... Kyle Lowry would have been great, Conley, heck maybe even Rubio.... Damn, what could have been...

15. vlaurelio

and thats totally fine. if he scores 50 points that means he has a tank team around him.

he stil produces an average of 50 points thats for sure

16. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Not only is HE where he wants to be he is also where “THEY” want him. Which is why he’s getting his roses now. Here if he got any it was always a backhanded compliment. He will either win MVP or be 2nd in voting bar an injury. I just wish the NBA was covered like the NFL at times.

clos4life likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Lets hold our horses here. His usage rate is a third of what it has been. So there is that. He does look worse some games but....lets see what happens later.

D-rock likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

This is a Sick Observation

When Joel Embiid went down with a knee Injury. The Media thought to themselves I might as well Vote for James Harden for MVP.

James Harden is treated like a backup MVP.

His Only MVP was due to LeBron James not Performing with the Cavs.

The East ans West Coast Media is Very Biased.

clos4life likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

What? The media are on squad Lebron.

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

You people that keep spouting this "supporting cast" narrative as THAT is the difference between the sudden praise sound so ignorant..

This doesn't have crap to do with supporting casts. It's about a East/West coast group think MSM who live in echo chambers of their own B.S. until the real story is in their own backyard.

They've been regurgitating eachother's bullshit regarding Harden for 5-6 years now. Now they all synchronously flip! They always do this kind of crap.

s3ts, clos4life and DCkid like this.