1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Silas be sacked after this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 14, 2021.

?

Will Silas be sacked after this season?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. No

160 vote(s)
    88.4%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nah that would be a serious embarrassment for our FO, bring in a rookie HC, who the entire league adores and feels has been overdue the oppurtunity, only to fire him after an abortion of a season with the Harden fiasco, with the roster being trash that has been dealing with a ton of injuries, just to fire him.

Depending on our roster next season, he could go as soon as mid-season, if we try to re-tool and win games, but if we're still tanking? What's the point, he'd be likely to last at least 2-3 seasons.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m pretty underwhelmed by what I’ve seen from him. Having said that, I don’t think anyone could do much more with this team in it’s current state. I am having some doubts about him though. We get crushed every third quarter, no half time adjustments, no game plan adjustments, it just seems like he’s doing the same thing game after game, which results in loss after loss. Still, the guy has been dealt maybe the worst hand ever for a new coach, so he deserves some time to get it right. I don’t think this is his fault, but I don’t see him magically making it better either. Ask again next year.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Better not....

Rocket River

4. Nook

Nook Member

Kevin McHale is available.

Truth be told, it doesn’t matter too much who the coach is right now. Silas works hard, he sets a good example and works well with young players. So he is fine. Later we will figure out if he can make adjustments.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

depends if Tilman finds someone cheaper

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

How could this be blamed on Silas?

Xopher, DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  7. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

This is such a bad take. Silas is coaching a G League team against NBA talent

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nurse inherited a team with Kawhi lowry and siakam. Silas inherited..

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

silas and stone need to be let go after this season.

patrick needs to take over as gm and have one of tillmen's other sons be the head coach. they will bring us glory, i have a good feeling about it.

10. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Totally agree! Also, he should hire the hostess at his Golden Nugget property in Lake Charles to be president of basketball operations.

Jontro likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

x1000 this.

I've lost some faith in Silas due to his rotations mostly have been baffling. I have no doubt that Xs and Os he's up there but I worry about everything else.

This team has fallen apart. While the team isn't very talented it takes a lot to go...is it 16? 0-16? Yeah. The team has completely checked out outside of young players trying to make their mark on the NBA and that's worrying as well.

With that said, we're never getting good hires if we fire him after this season. Covid limiting practices and messing with travel, short seasons, tons of injuries, major trades, just one of these things would be a lot for a rookie coach and he's had it all thrown at him.

We lose nothing if the team is this bad next season (other than another year) but we're not exactly wasting the prime of some generational superstar. If we're bad again, we get another top 5 pick again and then you have a good reason for firing him...and if he turns it around then hey, maybe he'll show that he'll grow into the role of HC.

I think for him in particular he deserves more of a chance.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

Why would they fire him? He's giving them the exact results that they want.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Somehow the Rockets get a Top 4 Pick.

The Expectation is basically to try build Chemistry with the Lottery Pick and Kevin Porter Jr., Christian Wood, KJ Martin Jr., JaeSean Tate.

The Rockets will have their Own Pick Next Year. So the Rockets won't have to Tank More Games. Hopefully the Rockets are Near .500 or better

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Tank! Tank! Tank! Lose! Lose! Lose! Top 4 pick or bust!”
    “Man this team sucks. Never seen a team this bad. Fire Silas!”

:rolleyes:

They suck. They’re gonna continue to suck. Deal with it. Or don’t watch.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. vick

vick Member

No it would cost a lot of money to hire a real coach. Tilman would not approve of that.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

He wont be fired as he signed a 3 year deal and the Rox are clearly tanking. Maybe if they still suck ass next year then he might be fired but certainly not this year.

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We looked fine with CWood, our roster construction has just been atrocious with him out. Boogie and Patton are not starting C material. And definitely not starting C material when the previously starting PF is mailing it in and the starting SG is just volume shooting to showcase.

18. Rockets4Life13

This. I can deal with the losing because the roster construction is pretty bad, but he doesn't look like a leader.

Couple that with his love for washed up vets and his questionable rotations, I'm not sold on him. He doesn't seem to have control over what the players do out there.

19. Rockets4Life13

Maybe this all falls back on C-Wood injury but I'm not 100% sure. The players had internal motivation to prove Harden wrong and motivation has been a struggle ever since. I think that's on Silas too, just look at the way he acts during press conferences right now. His head is always down, no wonder the players' heads are always down aswell.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

How does Silas “love washed up vets”? Because he is still playing guys when he only has 7.5 available?

You want him to bench Oladipo and McLemore and literally have the other 5 guys play 48 minutes?