1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Silas be sacked after this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 14, 2021.

?

Will Silas be sacked after this season?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. No

160 vote(s)
    88.4%
  1. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I’ve been consistent with my takes that Silas deserves time, but even I have to agree with this. We shouldn’t look this bad.

bballjunkie likes this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was hired when he thought he thought he would have harden and westbrook.

3. conquistador#11

If Defenders can stop stepping on Wood's low top Nikes, this one Tank should be sufficient. Cade + Tsunami splash in free agency

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Really?

Like reeeeaaaalllly?

And even so, given their departures, what do you think expectations of him would have been?

5. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

This is depressing.

I really thought Silas was going to be the next genius coach like Nurse or Spoelstra.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe he will, Popovich was terrible if first season and turned it around. Anything is possible but I will say I don’t see the leadership when I watch his press conferences, the body language is deplorable.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

If u fired Silas, who would even take this job?

I’d love for Kenny Atkinson to be the coach, but this is a dumpster fire...the Nets organization once Sean Marks arrived was way better than this current organization

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It is painfully obvious that they aren't doing anything to rebound. There are a few times that the Rockets could of challenge the play instead they just let it ride which shows me they don't care, or they are in a massive dump. If this was Tillman's plan of lose and trade, Silas is safe. If game plan was to win as many games as possible, then Silas will be gone. I can't fathom he will be the owner of the longest losing streak in Rockets history. Game plan against Rockets is easy, drop the hammer inside and game over. I can't watch a team that don't rebound, so I watched until KPJ rode the bench.

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

Way higher chance he'll resign and play the blame game. I would fully support the decision, the FO is trash.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

This season doesnt count

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is injuries that has killed us from day 1

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

If he shaves his head it might take the heat off his p***y for a bit.

13. hakeemthagreat

Also this is why we should've got Nate Mcmillan as a assistant. You'll need a veteran to help advise the rookie coach. Will Weaver was a bad hire, and guys aren't respecting Hornacek.

14. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Since winning games decreases Rox chance of gaining a top 4 pick, I forgive Coach and his depleted ragtag group of cast-offs, rookies, G-Leaguers and old broken-down former stars/semi-stars/role players. You go coach! Steer that tank. Protect Wood's ankle while you're at it.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

how many of those games are all those guys out there? I’d guess few if not none. Someone or more is out every game.

beyond that even with those three guys it’s not like they’re amazing. There’s talent all over the nba. They’re solid. If it’s just three guys. The depth beyond that is insanely bad. And that’s with them. Again one or more is constantly gone.

it’s insane to me to be judging Silas’ coaching on this.

map the team that was basically 7-3 or so right up to Christian Woods injury also had a bad coach? Wood got injured. Someone else important plus one or two role players were also always inured every game.

I have no doubt you give Silas talent that’s committed he’s at least as good a coach as the average NBA coach if not capable of much better.

the reality is that’s most coaches. McHale took the Rockets as far as MDA. JVG couldn’t get out of the first round with the arockets but took the Knicks to the Finals once. Coach Bud is a great coach ... who has struggled in the playoffs... but I still think he’s a great coach. Same as Brad Stevens.

at some point you got to look to the talent and circumstances. And if you want to say maybe the team should win a few more games.. whatever... I can’t think of a single other coaching situation ... heck in sports history as f’d up as this has been for Silas.... culminating with the current roster that is a g league roster effectively.

#55 JayZ750, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think he deserves another year, and he’s impressed me with how he’s handled all of the changes and adversity off the court. But he has not impressed me with his coaching on the court. I think you have to evaluate him very hard next yr but we should reserve judgement this yr

17. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I put absolutely no blame on Silas, and I think he definitely has a lot of potential. Everything looks awful in the NBA when you're losing... and everything looks great when you're winning.

This is the only legit concern I have about Silas right now. He started the season with "the smile" that everyone was talking about, but this losing has clearly had a negative impact on him. I wish that he could see it for what it is, and just focus on keeping everyone's spirit up. We don't want any of the young players learning bad habits or accepting these losses.

I honestly don't think it will have a long-term affect on the team, but it's not completely far-fetched to be worried about it.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

lol. Tilman is too cheap to fire a coach that’s under contract

payaso, DonKnock, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah tons of capable players lol. Yet we have somehow had about 150 different starting lineups in only 40 games. You ask how that’s possible? it’s because they have players like wall oladipo who have played 50 games in the last four seasons combined.

20. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

He’s not going anywhere.