1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Glue that is Lamb

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Mar 13, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

No one is signing here right now. We arent a FA destination and wont be one for awhile.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Yah I can't say I don't agree with that. No one was lining up to sign with the rockets pre harden either. It will be difficult for sure.

HP3 likes this.
  3. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

You've got one of your top two or three pieces in Wood. You've got KPJ, if he pans out. Draft that third main piece and the team's back into contention pretty fast. You've also got a lot of picks to trade or draft with to build around them. Getting Wall, Gordon and Oladipo off the books (and converting them into more building blocks) is key.

coachbadlee likes this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

His shot looks like glue.

don grahamleone and coachbadlee like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Exactly. It's a rebuilt.

eliefor3 likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That depends on if you consider Wood and KPJ as stars. I do because they are to this team.

eliefor3 likes this.
  7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Well, all I can say is if we are getting excited about Anthony Freaking Lamb, this isn’t going to be a “lightning quick rebuild”. Not by a mile. LOL

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

kpj
    Tate
    Lamb

nwaba backing up is a great set of defensive wings with some OK size .

if Tate learns to shoot we can be a playoff team next year .

wall/Gordon is below average for playoff guard rotation, but has veteran savvy . Kpj is a long term bet to be a top creator .

wood is solid . Needs help and we need depth .

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Jae'Sean Tate looking at this like he's already been cast aside ... :(

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If we have Max money we will be able to attract a max player, especially if we get a stud in the draft. We have good building pieces in Wood and KPJ, good role players in Nwaba, Tate, and Martin. Who knows with Wall and Gordan. They are not bad players if they will adjust to team oriented BB. We have our own picks the next 2 years plus multiple low FRP that can used for trades. You are way to pessimistic.

HP3 likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

My point was that you find role players to compliments stars, you don't go looking for stars that happen to work well with your role players. Stars are hard to find, role players are easier to find, so why are we worried about how a role player glues a team together? What is Lamb holding together right now?

I agree that Wood and Kevin Porter are building blocks towards something potentially great, but we don't know enough about them to know what role player types they need around them as a pair, only as individuals. To me, the best scenario is that we build up role players now, this season, and hope to trade them to teams where their value is realized as role players in exchange for something. For instance, I like Tate but I know he's not a star. He's a role player. His role may work great with Wood, but he doesn't seem to flourish with Porter so how good can he be for us in the future?

I think Porter needs shooters and tall players that can finish amongst the trees in the paint playing alongside him. Tato is neither. He creates, defends and finishes well when he's one on one with a player. His stuff gets blocked if he's by a crowded rim and he doesn't shoot that well. So while he plays great with Wood (because Wood pulls defenders away from the paint), his play with Porter is not going to look good long term because he doesn't compliment Porter's unique skill set.

Who is harder to find? Tato or Porter type talent? Porter is so you find role players that work well with him, not the other way around.

#31 don grahamleone, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  12. don grahamleone

I do consider each a potential star in this league. They're both pretty close in my opinion. Each just needs consistency of play more than development.

coachbadlee likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nah, Tate 8 will be alright. He has already solidified his spot in the starting lineup.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

A max player as in a top 10 player in this league? Press x to doubt bro. We need to build way more to attract a FA like that. We arent LA so we have to have a greater foundation to get better FA. Woods and KPJ maybe nice.....but championship level??? Thats gonna take time we dont have. Wall and Gordon will be traded eventually. Nwaba should be traded. And honestly....Im unsure of how Tate and Woods fit into our future. They will be 28 years old looking to get paid when their contract ends. Its hard for me to see us being contenders in 3 years time.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think you mean horses but they don't use them for glue anymore.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why not bring back Sam Dekker? I think Stone should give this guy a chance.
    Sam Dekker can be a glue

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Somebody actually took the time to make a 'highlight' video of a role player's 8 rebounds.

Wow.

18. xaos

xaos Member

Doubt he is with us in 2 years

19. don grahamleone

And Kyle Wiltjer. It’s time to bring back the old crew minus the good ones.

WestendMassive likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member