1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] First to worst: Who's mostly to blame?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who's most at fault for our fast slide to oblivion?

1. Harden

2. Tilman

3. Morey

4. Stone

5. MDA

6. Silas

7. CP3

8. Westbrook

9. Wall & Oladipo

10. Tracy "It's on me" McGrady

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Tilman is obviously the most to blame... but theres plenty of blame to go around... Hard-on was a toxic narcissist who pushed for bad moves and then deserted, Morey created the environment and then finagled his way out and MDA enabled the behavior on a day to day basis...

I really hoped this year was gonna be about creating a team culture - but just more me, me, me nonsense...

payaso and jim1961 like this.
  2. Badrose

Badrose Member

James "It's not on me" Harden, always blame a b****

Bobbythegreat and J.R. like this.
  3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like Morey gave MDA a heads up -they then planned to sabotage the Rockets

Trade Clint
    MDA leaves
    Morey tells Harden he’s leaving
    Morey leaves
    Harden and Westbrook demand trades

Tillman gets caught holding the bag

4. riko

riko Member

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

1) Les saw that LeBron end of Miami run was going to force teams to spend well over LT to chase the ring. Bailed, saying screw that! Sold team.

2) Rockets felt they needed another star to attract a 3rd star to Houston. Morey always hunting 3 stars.Bev, Lou W, M Harrell, Dekker x CP3.

3) CP3 couldn't stay healthy, b***h'd at Harden for not slowing the pace and running PnR even though Draymond was f'ing up the PnR lob to
    Capela. CP3 was tired (because he is old and wanted more rest in PnR). So we traded for energizer bunny Westbrook.

4) D'Antoni or Morey or Patrick Tilman wanted recreational league size "Small-Ball"

5) Tilman low balled D'Antoni on contract extension. Lucas said thanks but no thanks to head coach. Silas hired.

6) Silas system requires bigger players to set screens and present better targets as slashers or backdoor cutters. Anybody can run a system, doesn't mean the players fit the system. 5-men out can be run by guards....but then ask them to rebound, set screens, block shots, good luck.

7) Harden went chasing a ring where he can be a member of 3 stars, like LeBron has done and Durant has done and others.

So in retrospect: Tilman, Harden, CP3, Morey, Westbrook, D'Antoni, Patrick F, are all responsible for this "Cluster F...... of bombs"

payaso and topfive like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Pretty good summary.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That would be Tilted Furtoad

D-rock likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

Chris Paul.

Came into the 2018-19 season out of shape. The Rockets wrapped him in bubble-wrap the entire season, not letting him play back-to-backs. Put up with him dragging his ass the entire season confident he would "turn it on" in the playoffs. Only for him to not play like a superstar in the playoffs, when the Rockets needed him too.

27% from 3, 3rd lowest TS% of his career in the playoffs, 2nd lowest PER of his career in the playoffs, 3rd lowest WS/48 of his career in the playoffs, etc. With the final nail in the coffin being his 3/14 performance in a 5 point loss in Game 5 of the 2019 WCSF against the Golden State Warriors tied 2-2.

Chris Paul plays like a superstar he never gets traded, because the Rockets would've beat the Warriors, Beat the Blazers in the WCF, and made the NBA Finals. Not even dumbass Tillman trades the 2nd best player after he makes the NBA Finals playing like a superstar.

Chris Paul's play in 2018-19 was the rolling snowball that started the avalanche.

JayGoogle and topfive like this.
  9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

All of them Tilman, Morey, MDA, and Harden

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey created this culture. Hold people accountable and they take their ball and quit.

varughese.arun likes this.
  11. varughese.arun

Morey. He will never win a Chip. He knows how to attract fans to games, but doesn't know how to win a championship.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I absolutely, 100% agree with this take, and have been loudly telling people this for the last couple of years. So glad to see someone else who was watching the team closely enough that year to know it wasn't just a matter of Harden "forcing CP3 out."

JayGoogle and Mr. Space City like this.
  13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Anyone who doesn’t blame Ferntits is trolling, myopic or an idiot.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Did Q tell you this?

Reeko likes this.
  15. SORF

SORF Member

I would vote for that one. Les destroyed the Houston Comets for selling it too. Greed greed greed for $$$$$$$

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ms. Cleo

17. Mr. Space City

Some people on this site just like to act stupid like CP3 got traded after 2018. But when you bring up 2019, they put their fingers in their ears, and go "lalalalalalala". I was in those game threads throughout the year, with most of Clutchfans wondering what was up with Chris Paul, and why was he not playing like the superstar he was the year before, despite a few games here and there where he looked like vintage CP3. We saw how he couldn't even blow by Jonas Jerebko in the playoffs.

Cheap ass Tillman gave CP3 a 4 year $160 million dollar contract, because they invested in Chris Paul that he was still a superstar, and Chris Paul repaid that level of faith by the ownership by playing some of the worst basketball of his career. That's nobody's fault but Chris Paul.

Pandaemonaeon, topfive and JayGoogle like this.
  18. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I'll go with:

1-3: Tilman
    4: Harden
    5: Morey

It all starts on top. No one else in the poll was in any position of power to influence the slide. Yes, I know that Stone is the GM now; but he's basically been on Damage Control since Day 1.

I put Harden over Morey just because it feels like everything was done to appease Harden until he just quit.

But above all else: Shut Up, and F@#% Tilman.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So far there are 16 idiots.

Why even sugar coat it.

Wulaw Horn, D-rock and Mr. Space City like this.
  20. Mr. Space City