1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 7, 2021.

?

Super Bowl LV: Chiefs vs. Bucs

Poll closed Feb 7, 2021.
  1. Chiefs

70.0%
  2. Bucs

30.0%
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Lol. Plus, I guess he's having more fun playing for Arians and living in Tampa than he would have had under Belichick and living in Massachusetts.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  2. raining threes

The chances of a guy playing in 11 SB's is slim to none.

You're currently watching greatness making history and I hope he gets a couple of more rings since the Texans wont be anytime soon.

BTW, he's having knee surgery soon.

Nook likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Two of the most impressive plays of the game were...failures. The one where he ran all over the field and then, as being pulled down, spun around and threw a blind pass to the corner of the end zone which while incomplete was just exactly where it needed to go. Then, towards the end of the game where he again scrambled all over (I think he scrambled for like 486 yards during the game), and, as falling down, threw a pass into the end zone that should have been caught. Mahomes actually played pretty well. Which again is a testament to the Bucs D. He scrambled all over, and still couldn't find people open. It's really really really hard to cover people that long, especially people like Hill.

It will be interesting to see the Chiefs next year. I think one reason you see the Super Bowl loser jinx is not only the emotional letdown (not sure I see that happening for KC), but because everyone gets to see why they lost. What Tampa did wasn't exactly exotic...just 2 very deep safeties almost the whole game. This bottled up the KC receivers. Teams will surely copy that. The Bucs have a great D line, but I hadn't heard (and till really haven't heard) how their secondary is similarly stacked with talent. So...could other teams use the same scheme, with similar success? That will be the question.

It also seemed like the Chiefs couldn't counter it. So, I'm sure they (Bienemy) will spend the summer looking at how to do just that. So, the chess match all next season will likely be every team trying to copy the Bucs, and KC trying to counter that. If you recall most of Hill's highlight plays (and there were a LOT of them), it seems almost all of them were against one on one coverage, and the Bucs never did that. So, will be interesting. KC's other receivers need to step up.

ferrari77 likes this.
  5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The annoying thing about that isn't even that the Chiefs couldn't counter it. It just seemed like they barely even tried to. No visible adjustments. Baldinger, Kurt Warner etc all mentioned the same thing.
    But yeah man, it will definitely be interesting to see what the Chiefs do to counter that next season especially against teams that only send 4 and keep the rest at home. But I'm sure it'll also be difficult for other teams- with the expectation that KC will get most of their starters back on the O-line for much of next season and that few teams have a front four like the Bucs plus those athletic beasts at ILB. I also love that you mentioned how we hadn't and haven't heard how the Bucs secondary was stacked with talent. They were solid and I feel got better (much like the rest of the defense towards the end of the season). It's probably one of those chicken or egg things right? D-Line wreaking havoc helps out the secondary/secondary putting the lockdown on the receivers gives the D-Line more time to get into the backfield and wreak havoc. Now I'm trying to think of what other teams can match that. Pittsburgh and LA come to mind immediately for me.

6. likestohypeguy

Apologize!

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What a loser. And the news people that had to cover it because they always have to have something write about.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I haven't heard the term silversmith since Paul Revere. Thought they were dead.