1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: PJ Tucker frustrated while deals are being explored

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Mar 11, 2021.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nah, I think he's just mentally checked out and his body along with it.

But playing him 30 minutes per game when he wants to / knows he will be traded isn't helping him or the team.

joshuaao, dmoneybangbang and topfive like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i just hope that Tilfart doesnt cave and do a buyout to save a few bucks... If theres no return to be had - bc PJ has destroyed his value... i hope he rots on the bench (or at home)...

I just dont want to see this unprofessional behavior get rewarded with a cash settlement and the freedom to go play wherever he wants for peanuts - bc he already has his buyout money in his back pocket...

NBA has guaranteed contracts... the players association needs to do something about these jerkwads that dont want to honor the contract that they signed! As aforementioned, if these asshats blew out their knee - they wouldnt be offering their team a refund... contracts need to be honored and upheld - by both sides - period!

3. thekad

thekad Member

Great, another player the Rockets destroyed the value of. Clowns.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Meh. Who cares. Like Harden, his value is his value. It hasn’t changed. Teams interested in Tucker, and there are some, don’t think this seasons version of Tucker is what they are going to get.

He is squarely in the group on this team that was destined/needed to be gone once Harden was traded.

Hopefully Gordon and Dipo are on their way out soon as well.

HP3, topfive and YOLO like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just hope we find a team that thinks he's a decent player despite all the evidence to the contrary so we can get rid of him.

6. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Go play with your shoes PJ. You'll be dealt sooner than later.

kjayp likes this.
  7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If he has no value, then a trade seems to be difficult. He could end up in the Nets if there is a buyout.

8. ROXTXIA

There are teams that want him, I'm sure. I just hope they don't think "buyout." That we can get something of value in return, be it Tucker traded alone or as part of a larger trade package.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

You mean Tilman doesn't try to save a few bucks

[​IMG]

HP3 and Nook like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

anyone want to make a bet: PJ will not give up money via a buyout. Bet me!

fwiw: If bought-out/waived: PJ first has to clear waivers to become a free agent. BOS (using their big TPE) can grab his entire contract off waivers, and neither PHI nor BKN can stop it. Yes, PHI has a TPE too, (as does DEN) but on waiver wire, first rights to claim the contracts on the wire go to teams with worse records.
    so, the only way PJ is "bought out" is if his agent first gets a promise from DEN, BOS or PHI that they will claim the full contract off the wire.

Stone should be very skeptical of a request for "buyout." It could be a sneeky way for Morey to buy the whole contract for nothing in return.

BHannes2BHonest, King1, kjayp and 5 others like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If we could get literally anything for him, it would be a steal. He's one of the worst players on a team filled with G leaguers. If I was a fan of another team, I'd be pissed off if my GM wasted ANY assets picking up a scrub like Tucker.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is it me .. . or is Silas the last to know everything?

Rocket River

BHannes2BHonest, apollo33 and ROXTXIA like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

Agree to disagree. He isn't a star of course but he isn't a scrub, just sandbagging.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

I wondered this, too.

Plausible deniability? Passive-aggressive tanking?

Silas: "We're not tanking, are we, Rafael?"
    Stone: "Don't take this too harshly but why do you think we didn't hire a real coach?"

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is my point too
    I think the Rockets simply over played their hand
    There BEST deal for PJ was already on the table
    They kept playing hard ball . . . and now they looking at nothing

I like PJ . . but I would trade a 1st rounder for him

Rocket River

dobro1229 likes this.
  16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This isn't new he has been crying about his contract since training camp

17. Nook

Nook Member

There is a lot of dysfunction in the Rockets organization.

Stone holds on to players too long...... he was going to just hold onto Harden in perpetuity until Harden finally had to come out after a blow out and say "we aren't good enough"..... if he hadn't done that, he would still be a Rocket...... We are seeing the same thing with PJ Tucker.... while the effort hasn't been what it has been in the past, Tucker has said the right things until it reached the point where Tucker had to step in and do something.

The front office/coaching situation doesn't appear to be operating seamlessly.

We had the Harden situation, the Cousins situation where they pat him on the back and then stab him in the back when he walked away... and not the Tucker situation.

Contract Tucker finally telling the Rockets he isn't playing with what happened in San Antonio where the Spurs had an adult conversation with Aldridge and Pop got out in front of the story. Even in Cleveland they got out in front of the story with Drummond...... not the Rockets though.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    I like Olidipo . . but I would never have traded for him . . .esp knowing he did not want to be here
    Cousins/Harden/PJ moves all are so f*cking reactionary

I think the Porter Trade was a no brainer but I give them credit for it.

Rocket River

Nook likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

I view this as a Owner/FO issue....

Tucker has sucked this season, but he vastly outperformed his contract every in all the other years. It's been time to move on.

vator likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, the Rockets should have gotten out in front of this. Much like the Spurs did.