1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: PJ Tucker frustrated while deals are being explored

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Mar 11, 2021.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've seen PJ's name connected to at least 4 different teams. To people who think he has no value, do you just not believe that four teams are interested? Because if you tell all 4 teams, "PJ goes to the highest bidder" then we're bound to get something decent when they start trying to beat each other.

Their competition for PJ is our victory.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Simple = F PJ Tucker. MF didn't play hard none this year and he doesn't garner this type of attention.

kjayp likes this.
  3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Fare the well Anthony Leon Tucker Jr.

Thanks for everything.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Do I think he’s worth anything. No. Short g league PF who can only shoot from one spot on the floor, but do I think someone values him on a baseless reputation, I think yes. Someone like the Lakers would probably want him to supposedly nuke up against Brooklyn. The Bucks will get desperate. But buyer beware.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

My thoughts...
    The Rockets would reprimanded by the league if they just sat PJ —> Intention tanking. The ironman even did the “injury” thing for a while. Stone in my opinion doesn’t make deals quickly because dragging and grinding waiting for more to come works most of the time. Here is catch he is dealing people not widgets. I personally like Stone’s style of say nothing if there is nothing to say. Most could / should learn from it. I understand stand it but as a fan of the team that we love it’s hard the silence is deafening. I like what Stone is doing and has done so far.

FYI Oladipo with a contract extension remains an asset with out one he is not. Sharing that “we tried” to extend him is damage control for when he walks away for nothing at season’s end. We don’t look cheap vs he would be reasonable.

#125 fattz, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    MettaWorldPete likes this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

The worst part of this is how it projects on the organization

McHarden and now Tucker are doing something that could show others what can be done every time someone doesnt like their contract/situation..and its not the first time someone did this

Stone and the NBA has to do more, not sure if anything can be done from the contract level, but a lot of these guys get paid a lot of money to play sports and if it doesnt fit their way they can cause a lot of issues for the team and org.

Its bad, the contracts are getting bigger and bigger, they have more benefits and rights then ever before, but its also getting harder and harder to work with them when it comes to whats better for an organization..

It sucks because some guys deserve to get paid, but many of them are being too ignoratn and are abusing the system..

joshuaao and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

#127 Xopher, Mar 12, 2021
    Hank McDowell likes this.
  8. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

No Aldridge and the Spurs are not doing this. Aldridge spoke to the Spurs. They both MUTUALLY agreed to let Aldridge sit until traded. Now PJ had a week to talk to Stone and say . "Hey we both know I am going to be traded, but if I am not traded traded by the time we come back from the All-Star break, I am going to sit." Then the team could have announced PJ was out until a trade. PJ flew to Sacramento and didn't say a damn thing. Blindsided his coach, his GM, and his team. Took his shoes and went home. I have absolutely no problem with wanting to sit. I have a problem with how he handled it.

#128 Xopher, Mar 12, 2021
    joshuaao, BHannes2BHonest and fattz like this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Replying to a post is eluding me this mornig. I need caffeine

10. csc177

csc177 Member

I like stones style. Say nothing unless you have to vs blabber mouth Morey who loved hearing himself speak or tweet.

these are millionaires not children - let them pout; when a deal is there, pull the trigger. I mean PJ can sulk all he wants - they’ll do him a solid and move him to a contender (Like his BFF). But this tip toeing around for these stars is over in Houston.

....in Stone.... the shrewd one....I trust

CHAMPBOY, BigShasta and fattz like this.
  11. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Same. Site is acting up on me.

Xopher likes this.
  12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

hopefully. it would be nice if we just broke up into 2 eastern conference teams that i could cheer for.

HP3 likes this.
  13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i feel bad too, but assistant coaches should take a head coaching job if offered one, and then just make the best of it. besides, head coaches get paid way more than assistants. i would gladly coach this dumpster fire for half of what silas is making.

csc177 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  14. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I don't recall so many people hating on his offensive game when he was the heart and soul of the team in our battles again Golden State. He fits as a complementary piece for a contender, so to hate on him for how he plays on this dumpster fire makes no sense to me.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

this sounds like our best deal is from a non-contender and he doesn't like that.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who cares what he doesn't like. He ain't Harden. No buyouts. I hope the Rockets make that crystal clear. The Grizzlies did this same song and dance with Iggy a few years back too. A deal will come.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They should have moved PJ the moment Harden was traded .....

Embrace the tank.

19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Just as Cod said ... we will do right by PJ ... but I don’t like how he handled it last night before tip off. Not very tucker like...

he probably is saying why risk injury and play center for this tankathon? Save his body for the contender that trades for him etc...

All I care about now is what can Stone get? If he gets anything close to what’s being floated on this board (Herro?? Precious??? Thybulle??) Give Stone executive of the year immediately....

I am hoping for a late protected first at best

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. ReturnOfTheMac

Realistically what in the world can we get for Tucker? A pack of gum? 4 for 4 from Wendy’s?