1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[The Athletic] Wood’s return, Wall-Oladipo dynamic headline Rockets second-half storylines to watch:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, Mar 10, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wall feels disrespected.

ksny15 and Vivi like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Vivi likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope this piece is just out there cause the Rockets want the rest of the teams know/believe their pieces are not available for a bag of doritos, cause for one reason or another they've done a great job in positioning themselves in the right place, screwing this up with basically only two months left till the draft in order to build around Wall and Dipo, would be the dumbest thing they can possibly make.

johnnydeezy1, juanming and D-rock like this.
  4. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

It is simply too late to try to make playoffs now. But will be interesting to see combo of Wood/Dipo/Wall/Porter playing together. It seems almost certain Dipo will be gone and most likely Wall getting traded, so I am quite excited to see development of Wood/Porter instead.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

So Wall CAN throw lobs!

RocketsTerps likes this.
  8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

It seems incredible that there are fans who still do not understand that the worst thing the Rockets can do this season is fall outside the top four picks in the next draft. Do you have 52% to keep your pick? Embrace that possibility, strong. We are past the mid-point of the season and the chances of reaching the playoffs are practically zero ... why start winning now? Why?
    This team needs to rebuild as soon as possible, and the next draft is the best start.

Little Bit, BHannes2BHonest and HP3 like this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

finally... I’ve been begging the all magnificent Keith Jones to make this dude wear high tops since his second rolled ankle

KingCheetah, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They look like boxing shoes.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What I don't get is that we still only have a 52% chance at a top 4 pick, that is not worth tanking for.....

DD

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'll give you $600 if you guess the outcome of a dice roll if you give me $500 if I can guess a coin flip.

D-rock and Tato1971 like this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They start up this Wow Crap again going to be stupid. Rockets will hit the .400 mark trying to get into a 10th seed and get a high pick. This will be biggest mistake this org makes by not just tanking. imo.

D-rock likes this.
  15. SamFisher

Lol the Rockets don't have remotely close to that many winnable games left on their schedule. They'd have to win 17+ games! Basically go close to .500 against the toughest sked in the league.

A top 4 finish is in the bank. This team is sooooooo bad!

16. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Let's explain it like in a school my friend...
    The Rockets have no real chance of making the playoffs.
    The two alternatives are:
    Finish with one of the four worst records and have a 52% chance of keeping the pick; or finish somewhere between picks 5 - 14 and have a 100% chance of being forced to receive a worse pick (via OCT or MIA). As simple as that.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is just too risky - I mean a coin flip - is just not good enough to save the pick.

I don't believe in building through the draft anymore the players are too young, so many busts....so many top picks that are 19 just suck and never make it......picks in the teens are about as good as those in the top 5.

DD

18. HROZ

HROZ Member

I want to trade Oladipo Tucker forWiggins & the Minnesota pick.

That to me is the dream.

19. SamFisher

Lol, what are you risking?

If the Rockets lose 50 games and lose the coin flip, they get nothing and the Miami pick.

If the Rockets lose 42 games and lose the much lower probability dice roll, they get...also nothing. The exact same useless bundle of ****-all and the Miami pick!

Aim for the coin flip!

Though, like I said, this team is so bad it's unlikely they have much choice. More than 10 wins the rest of the season would require a lot to go right (wrong)

20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Can we please just trade Oladipo for a box of crayons and call it a day... please.

D-rock likes this.