1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    a meaningful bounce off the lower trading channel; the MACD, from its nadir, is hooking upward,
    • yesterday closed at ~ the 38% retracement level, ~ 73
    • today, so far, it is popping off that level towards the 50% retracement level, ~ 81
    in view of these TA indications---doubling down on SDGR towards closing the gap---
    selling a 80/75 bullish PUT spread, collecting a premium of $2.6, defining my max ris of $2.4​

saitou likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

that ineffective mofo inherited a gold mine from his predecessor and in ~ 18 yrs as CEO, managed to lose >50% of GE market cap.

in my mind, i've written off my GE holdings as being worthless. i am keeping my GE holdings for sentimental reasons. GE was the first stock i had bought during hi school

The BOD's talk of a Reverse stock split is blasphemy, Neutron Jack Welch is turning in his grave !!!

#15802 adoo, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

btw I made a discord server for discussing stocks, crypto, real estate and other investing opportunities. https://discord.gg/Bw4ZFfdj

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

EV is recovering nicely. Lets see how long it can keep this up. I have May 21 C

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I need ICLN to get to $35 by yesterday.

7. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Placed at bet on SVOK SPAC at $10.25 on the Boxed.com rumor. Online Costco is a solid business model and my company has a good experience buying stuff from them for our office, which will be re-opening this summer.

saitou likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

$STPK +22% this week
    [​IMG]

jayhow92 and Sajan like this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

no warrants for you sir?

if u have time pls check out nsh and and sftw i posted earlier. excited about these 2, but always good to have more eyes poking holes at ideas.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Grab Is in Talks to Go Public Through a SPAC Merger
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/grab-i...-spac-merger-11615486822?mod=latest_headlines

Ugh missed this. Warrants already up 73%. Not gonna chase the spac on rumors, even if it goes through they could command a bad for shareholders valuation. As a consumer I HATE Grab, but they are a monopoly/duopoly in the different market segments/countries they operate in, hype will be big.

11. adoo

adoo Member

nice gains today, still watching from the sideline

gonna wait the the signal from the MACD cross-over signal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Basically back to where I was mid-Feb now (thanks to crypto), only I was able to trade away (and still take solid profits on) growth stocks like PLUG, NNDM, BNGO for things I'm more confident in, ETSY, ERX, SPOT. How's that MARA treating you @saitou :cool:

saitou likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Any views on APPS? Just this week i bought at $63 to bring down my avg to $67; it's already $86 now. Momentum is violent, but i'm also scared to buy here haha. Fundamentally, growth has been amazing, already profitable, only qn is valuation.

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

mara=hodl till ziggy says sell haha

15. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Ugggh I missed the Grab news too when it broke. Full-time employed problems. =P I didn't go the warrants route on SVOK cuz I'm not familiar with the managers and think there is more deal risk compared to say Chamath or Gores in terms of deal getting done but that could just me my ignorance of their backgrounds.

NSH and SFTW both seem speculative given you're banking on growth in 3-4 years to validate their business, and the market could quickly turn sour on risky bets as we've seen lately. Personally if I had to pick one, I'd pick SFTW over NSH because I like their play on security/intelligence and our govt loves to spy on people and spend money on military contracts, whereas NSH is pushing their weather tracking capabilities, which no one cares about except scientists, who have no money.

#15815 Cokebabies, Mar 11, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I chickened out yesterday on RBLX. I’ll pick some up in the next 6 months if it drops 40-60%

saitou likes this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What are y’all’s thought on MDMP? I don’t invest in oil so I’m not sure what to think on this recent rise.

19. adoo

adoo Member

think b4 u post
    • energy / housing / airline / travel stocks have outperformed every other section/assets since the vaccine was approved
    btw, TSLA's recent decline of > 10% has been attributable to its heavy investment in BTC

#15819 adoo, Mar 11, 2021
  20. adoo

adoo Member

that was my take on 18 Feb
    it did fall to 50d ma, ~ 50% retracement, to a low of 61.8. it moves too quick for me. i missed it.

the chart looks ripe for either
    • a Head n Shoulder formation, or
    • triple top formation
    both are bearish

saitou likes this.