1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Wall Pass to KPJ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Or will he get the Mason Jones treatment from Wall?

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I get this sketch azz feeling Wall is going to be an insecure diva. I really hope im wrong, but at the same time not sure how comfy I am with Wall being KPJ's 'role model' on the team either. Hope they all can keep it professional.

Mathloom, pr0wler, BigggReddd and 7 others like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

no, we mustn't let go of the tank.

amaru likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ship his ballhoggin assoutahere asap

D-rock, edwardc, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  5. CertifiedTroll

I haven’t been able to watch the games. Did Wall purposely not pass to Mason? That is a pretty massive red flag.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. CertifiedTroll

Lets trade Wall for Westbrook

chadyang and harold bingo like this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

So now we’re pretending Wall was the reason Jones didn’t get any playing time?

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:confused:

Mr.Scary and D-rock like this.
  9. vick

vick Member

Kings are giving Rockets 4.5 points in tonights game. For people that like to gamble. Take Rockets plus 4.5 points. They will break the streak tonight. Will only be the second time in last 14 games that Rockets win with the line.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wall never had to be insecure in DC. They never drafted or brought in somebody at his position . The closet was Beal and Beal and Wall didn’t like each other at all. They didn’t get along. Their first few seasons together. They grew to respect each other but their friendship/bond was never that cool.
    But outside of Beal the Wizards never really borough in another good guard so he never had any reason/competition to be insecure.

Here in Houston it’s a different story. I never forget when Mason Jones went off and he said Wall talked down his performance and said he need to get others involved or do more than score as Jones never had another breakout game. He started playing tentatively and notatwching anymore.

when wall got injured in DC, the team spoke out out and basically the games was fun again and the ball was moving around on offense. Gortat was very vocal. The rest of the team had a camaraderie with each other that they didn’t have with Wall.

This is why I said I worry about Wall with the youths. It’s not his game but his mentor ship or leadership is off. I’ve heard Wood gives Cousins credits. For mentor ship and Tate the same with Tuckers and Jones the same with harden. I’ve yet to hear anyone on the team say that Wall has been a huge credit to their development or great mentor or leader. That’s not him.

amaru, Mathloom, Boredhippy and 8 others like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wall: "I didn't see him, Coach."
    Silas: "Six feet four inches, jumping up and down in the corner, no defender within twelve feet, waving his long arms, haircut like Jimi Hendrix, screaming, 'Ball, ball, ball', and you 'didn't see him, Coach'? Look, maybe you should take a seat."
    Wall: "Forty million dollars and you're gonna bench me?"
    Silas: (loooooooooooooong pause) "Just don't do it again. Go."

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Forget that. The ball goes through Kevin and Wood. Wall is the third option.

amaru, BigggReddd, ramotadab and 3 others like this.
  13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Wall has terrible court vision.

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Man you guys are really hard on John. I don’t foresee an issue with him passing the ball. Lately he has nobody to pass it to that can do anything with it so it eventually comes back to him so he tries to do something with it. He is not a shooter, he is a driver, but right now the defense doesn’t have anyone they have to defend so they clog the paint and cut off driving lanes. It’s tough out there right now.

Porter Jr can create his own plays off the dribble so that will be helpful for the entire squad. Even Lamb can set a pick and pop out for the shot. PJ can’t do that. Getting Wood back will also open things up for everyone.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

@D-rock

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Kpj will be more aggressive on offense. He's not going to be in the game and not be part of the offense.

hakeem94 and edwardc like this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Barf.

Wall is bad.

Westbrook is torture.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

KPJr backup pg. That’s what they were training him for rgv. Wall gone. Bet

19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

A PG creates plays for others. That’s why he’s a point guard. When Wall crosses the the three point line he doesn’t have the peripheral vision to see anyone else but the basket maybe the corner. Watch CP3 troll the interior of the defense. Watch Harden decelerate to read and react - watching players on the go. Wall has one speed going to the basket - fast. That’s why wood wall pnr hasn’t worked. He may have been a different player while injured... now somewhat healthy you see him trying to constantly break defenders down.

ramotadab likes this.
  20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Yes, John Wall will pass to KPJ, he’s averaged over 9 assists for his career. The Wall bashing on here is odd, he’s not the reason the team is bad.

ramotadab, 34to11, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.