1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Trade #1: HOU – PHI – DET - MEM
    PHI: Tucker (HOU) + McLemore (HOU) Get playoff pieces for low 1st
    DET: House (HOU) + Konchar (MEM) pick up 2 youngish players on cheap contracts (for 1)
    MEM: Gordon (HOU) Get outside shooting & defense
    HOU: Winslow (MEM) + Jackson (DET) + Bradley (PHI) + 2021 PHI FRP Starting SG & SF capable of playing 5 Out + serviceable big man

Trade #2: HOU – MIA – ORL – CHI
    MIA: Oladipo (HOU) + Kornet (CHI) playoff push + re-sign target for next year
    ORL: Porter Jr (CHI) + Kurucs (HOU) + Exum (HOU) + 2021 POR FRP (via HOU) + 2021 PHI FRP + 2021 CHI FRP (lottery protected) clean house for next year & pick up 3 FRPs
    CHI: Iguodala (MIA) + Fournier (ORL) playoff push with IL native who has championship (Iggy) + improved scoring / health (Fournier)
    HOU: A. Gordon (ORL) + Achiuwa (MIA) + Bamba (ORL) + Satoransky (CHI) + 2024 MIA FRP Starting PF + backup PF + backup C + backup distributor

Wall – Satoransky – Brown
    Jackson – KPJ – Lamb
    Winslow – Tate – KM2 – Nwaba (IR)
    AGawd – Achiuwa – Patton
    Wood – Bamba –Bradley

Built kind of like Phoenix last year; solid players just need star to push them over the top in 2022

18pbr and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dinwiddie would definitely be a starter for the Magic. He is better and younger than both Fournier (who is expiring) and Ross.

And Knox plays SF a position that Magic do not have a lot of talent.

Magic are loaded at 4/5, with multiple first rounders fighting for minutes.

Fultz-Dinwiddie-Okeke/Knox-Isaac-Vucevic

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm getting a strong case of deja vu!

treyk3 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

If this will incentivize Stone then count me in!

:D:)

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’m honestly to the point where my #1 wish is a PJ trade for KZ Okpala. Anything else is gravy. I’d prefer to trade Eric over Victor if the market isn’t there for VO. I’d be fine with a three guard rotation of Wall/VO/KPJ to end the year and if the SNT market is barren depending on who they draft I wouldn’t hate a 3/75 deal

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Thank you Pistons......Rockets don't look nearly that ncompetent. At the moment.

8. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Just what do the Rockets offer in the trade market. I agree that House & McLemore need to be gone. Yes, Tucker is old, but washed up? For what ever reason Silas is playing him 30 minutes a game. So, physically he is fit. That he doesn't score, well you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. On this team he is a non factor. But on a top seeded playoff team he would be invaluable. The league GMs know this. Have to trust Stone maximises the return. Not expecting much more than a rotational big. Think the return is greater when he is packaged with VO

Now for the two pieces that CF loves to sh#t on. Wall and VO. Prior to their arrival, we maybe saw each of these guys 2-4 times a year. Looking at their stats, you conclude these guys are pretty good. Under the microscope of watching them on our beloved Rockets night in and night out, WTF? Not only do they appear to suck, news flash, the team as constructed sucks. Look at these two guys individually, elite athleticism. Don't bog down on that they are ball hogs and don't make the team any better. They were that way before they got here.

Both are coming off career threatening injuries. Thats how we got them. Both look surprisingly fit. It is apparent Wall's brain is still a little ahead of his body. But the explosiveness is evident. He gets to rim quite regularly. Now if he would just make a layup. A speed guy with a Achilles injury is devasting. He seems to be progressing nicely. Again, I'm not talking about how the team is performing, only Wall as the athlete. He has not forgot how to play bb. He is building value. His contract handcuffs the Rockets not his play. So probably stuck with him till next year.

Now VO. He looks lost out there. Thats not relevant to other teams. They want to see if he is healthy. A ruptured quad apparently is as devasting as a Achilles. VO had a foot/ankle issue recently. Don't think that makes another team blink. As far as his fitness he also looks explosive on the court.
    The Rockets face losing him for nothing. To most other teams he is a rental. A starting young 4 or a upside 5 backup would be heaven sent. When I say starting 4 I don't necessarily mean another teams starting 4. I mean a guy that's being under utilized by his present team, but starts here.

For those that have stuck with this rant, thank you. To sum up, this season losing is a given, a Rockets team without Wall, VO, Tucker, House, and Mclemore would make it a lot more watchable.

Stone, lets get rolling!

joshuaao, rhee and D-rock like this.
  9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Memphis could be a potential buyer this deadline. They're in the playoff mix, they've been out of the playoffs for a few years now so they might want to get JJJ and Morant some reps, they're set to make a leap cause JJJ is on the way back, and they have an 18M expiring in Dieng. To me that seems like a perfect storm for a trade for a vet wing. I'd love Clarke but I don't think that's feasible but the guy I really like from them is Desmond Bane. He's young, an over 40% 3pt shooter, strong as hell and big as a guard, defends well, and can play as either the main guard or an off guard. Perfect target.

I'd love to see Dieng, Bane and maybe a 2nd for Gordon. Make it a 1st and I'll thrown in House or upgrade Gordon to Dipo.

fattz likes this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

Dinwiddie has no value. He can't play until he signs a new contract. He's not worth 18 million to the Magic... maybe to a team over the cap already... i do like fournier and ross more but it's not crazy to think dinwiddie is better... dinwiddie put up numbers on a bad team... he's a stat padder...

Knox is just a project... he's worth a second rounder.

You're pretending the Magic aren't going to be offered players and picks better than the journeyman you mention... there will be better offers and they don't have to move him now. They can wait until the offseason.

11. Landry's Tooth

Here's my crack at a Gordon trade:

To Rockets:
    Aaron Gordon

To Kings:
    James Wiseman
    Kelly Oubre
    Terrence Ross
    #1 pick from the Magic, top 4 protected

To Warriors:
    Victor Oladipo
    Hassan Whiteside

To Magic:
    Buddy Hield
    De'Aaron Fox

Rockets Get Gordon straight up for Oladipo.

Warriors get a defensive upgrade at the cost of an expiring contract and Wiseman. They may only want to do this if they can have a wink-wink deal under the table that Oladipo stays.

Magic get a new backcourt to pair with Bamba/Isaac/Vucevic at the cost of Gordon and a pick. Running out Fox/Hield/?/Isaac/Vucevic would be the makings of a pretty decent team...

Kings clear their long term deals and free up Halliburton to take over full time while giving them Wiseman down low and a possibly valuable pick.

12. Landry's Tooth

This one also works...

Houston gets Gordon. Warriors start to look a lot like they used to. Kings clear out tons of cap space. Magic completely rebuild on the spot:

To Rockets:
    Aaron Gordon

To Kings:
    Terrence Ross
    Kevon Looney
    Kelly Oubre
    #1 pick from Orlando (top 4 protected)
    #1 pick from Golden State (no MN pick)

To Warriors:
    Nikola Vucevic
    Harrison Barnes
    Victor Oladipo

To Magic:
    James Wiseman
    De'Aaron Fox
    Buddy Hield
    Andrew Wiggins

End Results:

Rockets
    PG Wall
    SG E Gordon
    SF Tate/House
    PF A Gordon
    C Wood

Warriors:
    PG Curry
    SG Oladipo*
    SF Barnes*
    PF Green
    C Vucevic
    *Oladipo re-signs and they run Thompson at SF for minutes with Barnes

Magic:
    PG De'Aaron Fox
    SG Buddy Hield
    SF Andrew Wiggins
    PF Jonathan Issac
    C James Wiseman / Bamba

Kings:
    PG: Halliburton
    SG: Ross
    SF: Who cares?
    PF: Bagley
    C: Whiteside
    (would have picks plus TWO max cap spaces in offseason, only about 40 million in cap left over)

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

In your scenario are we resigning Aaron Gordon to a "big" contract? Isnt he an expiring?

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

21/22 guaranteed for $16.41M

So next season is an expiring deal

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Got it thanks.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

Wait a second Tobias was traded FOR BG.

but yes it’s true for other 3

17. Rockets4Life13

They won't trade Fox. He's their franchise guy now

18. rockets13champs

Yeah that trade makes 0’sense for multiple teams

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

That’s disgusting. If Wood turns into something then it’s even worse. Let’s see if they’ll remove the protection in their pick that we own. Maybe they’re interested in Sterling Brown.

20. Landry's Tooth

I've read the opposite since Halliburton came along....

Hield they definitely want to dump but Fox is a bad fit next to Halliburton... Halliburton is viewed as their long term point guard.

Getting wiseman or unloading barnes contract to open 2 max slots is value.... on top of that they likely add a top 10 pick...