1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Right now we should all be praying to Adam Silver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Mar 9, 2021.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

As stated.

I think that this is the best thing rockets fans can do right now .

As much as I have thoughts on the ownership of Tilman Fertitta, that’s another topic .

We need some good luck . We know Adam Silver God of darkness controls that .

it seems after the 13 game skid , most fans are in the tank brigade, respek. But even if we land with the worst overall record it’s still only a 50/50 shot to even be in the top 4 (not just #1 overall). Then we shoot down to somewhere lol let’s say ~ 20 .

and all the outcomes in between . It’s those outcomes that fascinate me . Think about what happens if we are in the 5 spot , the 10 spot etc .

In each case , the chance for us to keep a top 4 pick lowers , but the pick that we would have drafted in our spot becomes higher , and therefore closer to the swap pick we will eventually receive .

At the 6 spot you have a 40% chance to roll a top 4 and 60% to lose the protections on the pick to OKC .

it falls more sharply from then on , with another drop off coming at 10 . (~12%) and falling lower quicker .

7-10 is just purgatory hell . 11-14 well at least you might be close to making playoffs. But in all cases we have a pick anchored to Miami .

In our case we are already are 8 games out of the 8 spot , but Min has a five game lead on us for #1 and det is ahead too .

the 1-6 pack gives you a coin flip at a great pick .

What will the standings look like . Do we suck bottom-five bad with wood ?

Right now stone is using the deadline . Can we build are assets up ? Can we move to a different pack ? How does that effect our leverage ? What are we giving up ?

that OKC swaps smooths our Range of outcomes out as we get further from the top 5 , and you have the added bonus of landing a top 4 lucky die.

all things considered , pray to Adam silver . Because we prolly aren’t making the playoffs

banzai likes this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Are you implying the draft is rigged?

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I thought that was obvious

edit.

oh and another thing . Nba officiating is horrible if not rigged . We should all pray that it becomes better . It takes luck to break your way to win a championship . Let’s not add another wildly inconsistent factor with the officiating

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I like to believe the lottery is rigged myself, I fully expect the rockets to keep there pick as long as they finish in the bottom 5.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

are u implying that leroids bagging the #4 pick against incredible odds right when he needed to facilitate the AD trade in order to keep his career relevant... was not rigged? :D

6. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

NBA Lottery is def rigged. I won't be surprised if he gifts the Rockets the 1st pick if Lakers vs Nets reach the finals.

7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You better hope the draft isn’t rigged because the NBA isn’t going out of its way to help the Rockets.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Lol pray to silver... he hates us!

luckyman76 likes this.
  9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Why would you want to make the playoffs??

Everybody keeps breaking down the percentages and everybody talks about how getting a 52% chance at a top for pick is terrible odds....

Please someone show me better percentages of us getting a superstar Any other way ???

Because it’s way less than 50% any other direction....

Get a clue people

Dankstronaut likes this.
  10. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

All these rigged narratives are garbage honestly.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the NBA is rigged

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yup.... they need to rebuild the Rockets team to regain our Chinese fans. The Nets is Chinese owned - you see the pattern here. They basically told everyone that it would be to his best interest to side with the Chinese or there goes your career. Tillman just got re-upped by a bunch of Chinese investors - i presume. He's on the losing side and he probably had to crumble. Hail Xi Jingping!

#12 banzai, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    BossHogg713 likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

but but but Mr Stern is retired. And more, RIP.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Literally every day I go to Tankathon and run 10 simulations.

Half the time I jump for joy as we land a top 4 picks, the rest of time I scream out loud at how absolutely stupid the Fertitas are for making the catastrophic RW trade.

What a miserable organization we have become.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

cleveland , LAC , NOP , it’s just too contrived. I’m not asking for #1 , just anywhere in the top 4 please lol .

I’m hard on Tilman most of the time , but the best case upside with him is huge . Hopefully he uses his mafia connections to make us one of the “chosen teams” . You can’t tell me there isn’t a different standard across the league when it comes to officiating some teams and players .

GS got away with so much . I will be interested to see how the nba refs James
    Harden in the playoffs this year . Will teams be allowed to mug him like OKC did last year?

BossHogg713 likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

can't wait till rox get #1 pick and tillmen trades it for some savings

clutchdabear and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

because there’s not that much difference in Top 4 statistical odds between 1-6 . 7-10 would be bad (but we get a number 20 pick ) and 11-14 (but we get a number 20 pick) means at least we would be fun to watch sometimes . Even with 7-10 you possibly win a few more fun games .

my additional point is . No matter where we are in the top 10 , Adam Silver could just give us a top 4 pick . Would it be that shocking to be top 4 with the number 7,8,9,10 slot ? That answer is no .

just do us a solid and give us a top 4 pick if we decide to try and compete and avoid playing make your eyes bleed out basketball.

and if we are that bad , I mean cmon man

@J.R. we delivered James Harden to Brooklyn.

Trackwell likes this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

We'll take a 7 footer. That's what we do.

juanm34 likes this.
  20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We’ve been shafted by the NBA for far to long.
    The way i look at it, is that weasel Silver owes us!

clutchdabear likes this.