1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 Draft Prospects Rockets should look at

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Mar 7, 2021.

1. allanivan

allanivan Member

Rafer Aka"skip to my lou" Alston...

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Moses Moody

Nook and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah I regret that post as I posted it. I was thinking Calvin Murphy or Tiny Archibald immediately after.

Allow me to re-phrase that; of point guards 6'4" and over. Im talking more about having bigger frame and attacking the defense when it is not set

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1423127-the-fastest-pgs-in-the-nba

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You're OUT on Mobley?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. CertifiedTroll

Am I the only one concerned by Cade’s foot speed? Reminds me of Melo in the athleticism department

rockets1995 and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I'm sorry......reminds me too much of Ralph Sampson. I know it's not fair to him. Just feel he was so hyped coming out of high school
    and has been kinda flat since college.

My version of "Small-Ball" is not actually small-ish players; as in a bunch of PG' s and SG's. It's more like a bunch of SF's with the PF moved
    to center. C Wood is there for that. I'm looking more of a conventional center to fill the void at center.

In the past I've advocated for the JaVale MeGee, Bogut, Tiago Splitter types to set screens, rebound, rim protection. Pay them cheap to play
    about 20 minutes a game and then they sit on the bench as we turn to Small-Ball for the rest of the game..... approximately 28 minutes.
    When we play teams that have big centers, we go greater minutes with our bigger center package. Only a few players currently like Jokic
    that would force us to go big center for much of the game.

A player like Charles Bassey fits the bill for me. Pay him cheap on a rookie salary, sit him anytime and it doesn't break the bank. He will provide
    enough rebounds, blocks, PnR screens, PnR (Roll-Man), pick-n-pops as a decent shooter from 12 feet, some 3's as he is shooting about 31% on
    1.7 three point attempts per game. As a pro he can concentrate on his flaws instead of tests or exams like he is in college.

Mobley is 29% from three on about 1.1 3-pt attempts per game. Bassey has been better from distance actually. 31% on 1.7 attempts per game.

But it is most the injury history of Sampson and the thought of Evan Mobley playing one on one defense. College defense can hide a player
    being weak by way of zones. Isn't Mobley a duplicate of C Wood? Do we need that? I guess if we expect Wood to only play half the games........yeah.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nah, he gets to the basket at will. He's like a Kawhi but with better handles.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Davion Mitchell is a 3 and D stud

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

His Speed is concerning with lack of Athleticism.
    Cade muscles his way. In the NBA he won't to that. You need Speed and Quick Cross over, with unpredictability.

That is why Jalen Green I Feel is more NBA Ready. He has speed, Athleticism, Dribbles with both Hands, Can Shoot Sidestep 3.

Jalen Green and Kevin Porter Jr will Fit together.
    Both of Ability in Running as Track Stars down the Floor on Fast Breaks will be huge.

10. ball king23

ball king23 Member

Nook thanks for the reply who is your top 3