1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

I know, it's a HORRIBLE TRADE

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

these guys are very connected to the Heat.

some tidbits :

Miami just didn’t have what Houston wanted for Harden.

Oladipo asking price is very high. They say he’s the closest thing to a star on the market. Him being aggregate eligible is big because their biggest hole is 4.

They mention Dragic,Jimmy and Bam as the core 3.

Mention Nunn and Robinson as not good enough to close games.

They allude to trade their future third guy for a current seven guy as a bad idea. I’m guessing that’s using Herro in a trade for a Larry Nance type .

D-rock, Mr Woods and saleem like this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No, not bad. Not likely, tho.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I think we'll be pretty disappointed at the value of these players. PJ is washed and contending teams would rather wait for a buyout than trade anything more than a SRP or two. Vic won't get anything in return unless he commits to resigning there, even then teams know he doesn't get to the line or the rim like he used to and isn't a #2 or even #3 guy anymore. Wall's contract is so bad we'd have to take bad smaller bad contracts just to get a deal done.

these are my best guesses at realistic trades with disappointing returns.

Wall to the Clippers for Morris, Beverley, Kennard, Lou, 2027 FRP
    financially its a win for tilman and that's what its all about. Lou is expiring, Beverley comes off the books after next season, so both save a lot of money compared to wall. however we'd have to eat Morris and kennard's contracts which are smaller than wall's but last longer. so even though we are lowering our cost over the next 3 years, we are adding cost in year 4, so for that we get the 2027 FRP. probably comes with some protections as well. Kennard is still young so you plug him in as a starter for the next 2 years while we tank and after that his contact is tradable. same with Morris, eat the contract for 2 years while we tank then it becomes more tradable as it nears its expiration.

Gordon to the Bucks for DiVincenzo, Wilson, and Augustine
    Like Wall, we break up gordon's contract into a smaller bad contract (Augustine), an expiring contract (Wilson), and a young player who may be worth something (DiVincenzo). No picks from the bucks unless you want a SRP or two. This is strictly a financial trade with DiVincenzo being the main return. He's young, versatile, and cheap.

Oladipo to the Heat for Leonard, Harkless, Okpala, Silva, future FRP lotto protected
    Vic can sink any trade by refusing to resign there in the offseason. No one will part with a FRP or a rookie contract player for a half season rental of a #3 or #4 option. He wants Miami and ultimately that's where he'll end up. Like with Harden, the best offer will likely come from the team where the player wants to go, because other teams don't want the risk of giving up value and losing that player. Riley knows he's getting vic next summer and won't part with anything good like Herro, Robinson, Nunn, or even Achiuwa. they won't give up key pieces like Dragic, Olynyk, or Iggy either. Okpala and Silva are bigs on rookie deals, worth developing, and the future protected pick is probably as much as Riley would give up for a guy he can get for less this summer.

PJ to Sixers for Mike Scott and 2 SRPs
    Scott is a filler while the SRPs are probably as much as anyone would give up for PJ at this point. The Sixers do hold the 2023 most favorable option between the hawks, Hornets, and Nets, so that could be an interesting one to take back.

none of these are all that exciting but I'm afraid this is as good as we should be hoping for. I don't think Wall or Gordon get moved right now. Their value will go up as their contracts get shorter. I think Stone would be wise to revisit their trade value next deadline rather than push to move them now. Oladipo and PJ have to be moved now or lose them for nothing so I'd bet on those two trades being the only moves we make this deadline.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, am I going to have to wait 2 weeks for anything to happen? Do something, Stone! I'm bored.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@smoothie The Clippers and Bucks trades would be great but other than that those are the most pessimistic realistic trades I've ever seen.

I think from Miami they will cough up one of Achiuwa, Robinson or Herro in that order. Oladipo will be the biggest star in a sellers market. We are going to get a lot more than we should for him.

I am scared about the PJ situation as it keeps dragging, I hope they end up with a decent youngster. I hope they find a way to convince them to either give a FRP, Maxey, Thybulle, or Korkmaz.

https://tradenba.com/trades/HeWMb9X4u

Let's combine PJ and Oladipo and get Herro with some guys who will clear the books.

Dragic
    Oladipo
    Butler
    Tucker
    Adebayo

That's a very very good finishing lineup for Miami and probably the best they could do to actually compete in the East.

They could also go bigger and run.

Oladipo
    Butler
    Iggy
    Tucker
    Adebayo

D-rock, joshuaao and Houston77 like this.
  8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/8/22319031/nba-power-rankings-midseason-brooklyn-nets

Should the Warriors add Victor Oladipo?
    League sources say the Warriors have interest in acquiring Rockets guard Victor Oladipo. The former Pacer has been up and down in his second season following a major knee injury, averaging 20 points on only 39.9 percent from the field. Golden State would not have the cap space to pursue him this summer, so the time to pounce would be now. Houston can’t demand too much in a deal given Oladipo has underwhelmed and will become an unrestricted free agent. Plus, Golden State wouldn’t have a whole lot to offer. Because of picks owed elsewhere, the Warriors are able to deal up to just two first-round picks: one from 2021 (via Minnesota) or 2022, and one from 2026 or 2027.

Golden State’s interest in Oladipo signals the front office’s intentions to find another ball handler. Curry and Draymond remain excellent offensive engines, but the Warriors are missing the next Andre Iguodala or Shaun Livingston. Could Oladipo fill that role? Though his scoring efficiency is down now, he would receive better looks when surrounded by better talent. He can also still generate shots for others off the dribble and play hard-nosed defense. The Warriors need more wing depth and another ball handler, and Oladipo should be one of the players they’re at least thinking about.

THE ROCKETS ARE CREATING A MARKET.

Oladipo for Wiggins and Minnesota FRP is the kind of package that needs to be floated to get a team like Miami to cough up Herro.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@Codman had a banger of a post basically saying that Eric was gone, PJ was gone and everyone else was available.

BigMaloe, mikol13, UTSA2step and 10 others like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What are the protections on that pick? When would it convey? I don't think a team would yield a high lottery pick for Oladipo, desperation notwithstanding; but maybe Wiseman (drafted high, yes, but in a weak draft), and move Wiseman for draft capital if we're dead set on Wood being our starting 5.

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Herro would be my clear #1, but I wouldn't mind Duncan Robinson. He could be KPJ's "sniper" a la Brooks.

joshuaao, treyk3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Hard to argue with your logic. However, I’m King GM for a day and what I say goes both ways. Sure, but what the hey, right?

PJ/EGo - Wiggins/Baze Minnie #1, a future GSW #1. Ws save @25 mil lux cap + TOE

VO - Barrett/Toppin

McL - Langford (Cs)

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

On a positive note; BimaThug suggested that the Rockets will actually use the trade exception. I hope, because that Harden trade
    looks pretty lousy right now to me.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The only one that might be realistic is PJ for Scott and a 2nd round pick.

smoothie, ApacheWarrior and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Wiggins
    Looney
    Mannion
    Picks

17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's top 3 protected and unprotected next year. It is definitely too valuable to trade alone for VO but if we are willing to take on Wiggins it might be possible. If we throw in PJ it might be even more possible. The Rockets then have a 60% chance of picking at 4/5 with the Wolves pick and a 52% chance of picking 1-4 with their own.

19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

These scrubs cant get gone fast enough !

20. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member