1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 Draft Prospects Rockets should look at

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

So I did a bit of scouting and found 3 draft prospects that have potential. These guys are projected to go from the 20th to 50ish pick. First what I did I used the eye test and went 1 by 1 watched film and wrote down the list of those who caugth my eye(Tre man and Trendon Watford) then I looked at the stats to see if the eye test matched the stats( they did). The second part was looking at stats that stood out which then made me take a second look at those players I may have missed or overlooked (Mathew Hurt).
    Ok so my favorite player so far and one that I find the most intriguing is Tre Man. In his freshman year he didnt do so well I believe it was because he was just not ready and developed yet. Over the year he grew 2 inches and is now 6'5.What I like the most about Tre is that he is a shooter with skill. He can knocked down the 3,can drive,throw lobs and knows how to use the pick n roll .Weakness is needs to add more size and strength but that not a big deal with the right strength coach and nutritionist.

The second player is Trendon watford ,his game is very similar to Michael Beasley ,he got skill and potential. The third guy is Mathew Hurt ,this dude is a stretch 4 sniper that also has a low post game. My current rankings are Tre, hurt ,watford.If i have time ill do some more scouting ,i been busy with lots of Hw,Honorable mentions and players to keep an eye out aswell boston jr and pippen jr.

lakersuck2, Swapshop, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

F all that. This one a big time sleeper. He's underrated and I don't know why. 6'5 NBA body ready, 18 years old and winning games.

3. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

This guy reminds me of Jeremy Lamb... who is..... halfway decent

HP3 likes this.
  4. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Jonathan Kuminga or Bust

mac_got_this and sydmill like this.
  5. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

You spelled Cade Cunningham wrong.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Trade this years picks for more picks next year. Or until Emoni Bates declares.

7. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

You spelled Cade Cunningham correctly

8. Nook

Nook Member

20-50 range?

Terrance Clarke
    Marcus Bagley
    BJ Boston
    Mac McClung
    Ron Harper Jr

HP3 and saleem like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

More height
    Tired everyone being 6'6 and below.

Rocket River

Dubious, dobro1229, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  10. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Tre 6'5 watford and hurt 6'9 or above

11. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Kuminga got upside

saleem likes this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

In top 4
    1) Cade Cunningham PG / SG...... 6'8"...........NBA comparison Grant Hill with Jason Kidd passing

2) Jalen Green SG.....6'5" to 6'6".....I've heard JR Ryder, LaBradford Smith, A Wiggins, Oladipo, Justice Winslow as the next MJ; I think this kid
    comes the closet by far.

3) Kuminga PF....6'7"...... compared to Kawhi Leonard by Kyrie Irving. Jaylen Brown by others. I'm going Larry Johnson. Shooting about
    25% from 3 on 5 attempts a game currently.

If move to early teens
    1) Corey Kispert SF.....6'7"...........quick release shooter with accuracy and range, moves well without the ball, cuts, slashes to rim, excellent in
    Silas system as an accessory role player. I compare him to lesser Klay Thompson.

Pick near 23
    1) Charles Bassey C.....6'11"........NBA comparison by Draft.net is Gorgui Dieng. I have him as Elton Brand. Draft net scored him as a score of 92.
    Athleticism......8
    Size..................9
    Defense...........8
    Strength...........8
    Quickness........6
    Leadership.......7
    Jump Shot........8 (this is why I have him as Elton Brand).....shot 31% from 3 on close to 2 attempts per game this season.
    NBA ready.........7
    Rebounding......8
    Potential...........8
    Post Skills.........7
    Intangibles........8
    Draft net has him as #15 on their big board and going 11 in their mock draft.

Not much interest in what I see near #33.
    1) Derrick Alston jr SF.......6'9".....39% from 3 on 6.5 attempts, good range, I compare him to a 6'9" Chris Bosh, better dribbler than Bosh.
    Knock on him is turnovers. Was 3 turnovers to every 2 assists.......now at a 1:1 ratio. Probably wouldn't be asked to facilitate nearly
    as much in this Silas system; but can.......and this system would probably clean up his assist to turnover ratio. Looking like he can
    be signed as undrafted free agent after draft. I might move back to end of draft to draft his rights. Or use second round pick we are
    bound to get through all these trades coming up.

13. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Cade is like a more offensively polished ben simmons
    Green reminds me of a baby durant

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I often compare Ben Simmons to Jason Kidd. Simmons brings the ball up court fast......not as fast as Kidd. Not sure I've seen anyone
    bring the ball up the court as fast as Kidd. While maintaining control. I'm sure there are others.

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Pretty sure op is talking about later draft picks not early ones.

Highlyrated and saleem like this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just saw this clip. He's a Stone guy for sure reminds me of Tate and Nwaba but more offensively gifted as a pg and only 18. His mental health has 0 issues. Buy the pick, see him going in the 14-30 pick.

17. ball king23

ball king23 Member

Jalen Johnson

sydmill likes this.
  18. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Ok so this is the deal,I took espn prospects like projected prospects like 25- 50,at the time I did this it was like 1 month and half ago,so basically I used raw eye test and stats , thats the reason why some of the ppl on your list may not be here.I did this like a bit more than a month ago , it's not totally updated plus I been busy with school if not I would put more time. You got the advantage to see who's more currently trending ,I didn't. I like tre and watfotd because of their basketball skill which means potential.i Also heard of McClung but at the time he was not ranked 25-45 thats why hes not on my list.And yes I did mess up because I should of gave a fully updated version.

Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I am not criticizing your picks, I am only adding ones at this point I would have interest in.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Coach K is going to bad mouth the hell out of him like he did Avery and Magette but yes, he is worth a look.