1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Okay it was a little lucky. I don't think Mark called bank but it was nice to have one like that go our way for a change.

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Titanium balls by Mark to call game on that shot.

Edit:. Was Gorham that made the call. Gorham definitely has titanium balls.

#2903 boomboom, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    airflights92 and the shark like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s never a guarantee. Ask the Duke, Kentucky’s, North Carolina’s etc who are littered with 5 stars and are fighting to even make the tourney

airflights92 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup. That’s how you build your program for consistency

airflights92 likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Teams like Duke, UNC, UCLA and even KU are learning that the game is changing. Top kids are staying at most one year, and many of the top kids are going to the GLeague or overseas and that is only going to become more common.

It is hilarious watching Coach K squirm now that he actually has to coach.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

How many stars were Caleb Mills, Cefric Alley, and Armoni Brooks? Adios to all. Agree the game has changed, but that includes everyone from 2 star to 5 star. Bet the good bet and take the 5 star everyday and all day.

8. Aware

Aware Member

Yea, i'll take more 5 star players pls
    Really just bring in the best player possible.

We've done great with a lot of transfer and jc players but consistently getting top 150 players is the next step.

tbh the only 4yr player that i can think of is galen robinson

#2908 Aware, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tramon Mark is a dog. Not surprised by this

Tomstro likes this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Could be argued that we were outplayed today. Happy with the win. Time for more ball movement on offense and Sasser needs to get out of his shooting slump.

11. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently it was!

Roc Paint likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s probably going to be a rematch of today’s game in the conference tourney

13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad we are in our second March of Covid with this revamped program. Coming off the previous runs by the program, I believe the interest in the program would only be topped by Phil Slams Jama days. I hope coach gets a little more of that luck later on. I'm ready to lose the sting of Jimmy V.

What an excited victory today.

Go Coogs

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

My first thought was the half court bounce was awful dangerous. Nobody does that. And it looked a little soft live. But it got there. And then Boom! Reckless abandon and joy. So much fun.

Another thought is that if we do get a 1 seed that's a lot of pressure for us. The Cougars are good, but our shot diet could easily put us in upset range, and knowing our luck, we'd draw 16 seeded Duke.

Roc Paint likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

UH isn't getting a 1 seed. 3 is the worst they'll get but it's looking like the 2 seed as it's been for most of the year. And that duke team isn't upsetting anyone lol. They're going to have to do really well in the ACC tourney just to get in

The resume for a #1 seed doesn't come close to any of the Zags, Baylor, Michgan, or Illinois

#2915 YOLO, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Roc Paint likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

At least 2 teams ahead of us will lose. Guaranteed. That means all we need to do is pass 1 team this week. Gonzaga not likely. Michigan not likely. Baylor plausible. Alabama plausible.

Win out and I'd put the odds at 50/50.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

The regular season is over. it wouldn't matter if any of those 4 teams I mentioned don't win their conference tourney. They're still getting a #1 seed. UH has no shot at a #1 seed nor should they. Bama isn't in contention for a #1 seed so paying them wouldn't matter

#2917 YOLO, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  18. ballgame

ballgame Member

I thought the exact same thing...that inbound pass was very lazy. It could've went the other way.

Poloshirtbandit and Roc Paint like this.
  19. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

If we win out it looks like solid 2 seed to me. No way will we get a one seed. As much as it would be nice to be 24-0, we got beat by three teams we should have beaten easily, it's probably for the best we are where we are. Having been through COVID, losing Mills, Sasser in a funk we are still in good position despite all that. Getting Sasser hot again would sure help. He just never seems to be able to get open.

20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We need to win the AAC tournament and get a lot of help. I still don't think we get a high seed I just hope we end up in a bracket that gives us a chance to make a deep run.