1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Market dipped today. Buy more Doge for sure.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Thought for sure you bumped this because of the news that the Mavs are accepting Dogecoin for tickets. lol.

dachuda86 and Xerobull like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hell yeah and we should too.

TWS1986 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Bro your doge thread is right above this gtfo or did Trumpism drop too many IQ points

TWS1986 and Space Ghost like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Mods merged it. Not cool

dachuda86 and TWS1986 like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If Dogecoin was a Tokyo Drift character, it would definitely be this guy

[​IMG]

dachuda86 likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ffs

TWS1986 likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why the merge? I don't want to derail the Bitcoin fans here. Dogecoin is not BItcoin... that thread was fun by itself and had potential with the coming weeks of memery.... Bitcoin is for people who take themselves seriously. Dogecoin is for the currency of the future. Much sad.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

1 bitcoin is 1 bitcoin.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So dumb people buy Doge? It'd make more sense if the person holding the Doge was the cop. Don't @ me. NEXT

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why not both?

Fo real though DOGE jumped big time again. Buy coins that are cheap and wait for a bit. The Bitcoin express left the station LOOOONNNGGG ago. You won't make much getting in on Bitcoin when it's already on the moon. That said I think we need a separate Doge thread. This has literally been ALL people have been commenting on here. The merge was cruel mods... cruel.

I would be careful about coins people don't want to talk about. They literally exist because people care. That said Bitcoin isn't a terrible move. I just think it's more fun to buy Doge and enjoy the meme ride.

[​IMG]

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Am I missing something? I thought Doge had ZERO fundamentals and is not a long term hold.

I haven't paid attention to crypto in a very long time though.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

tinmans boi, elon, is the heart of doge- keeps that thing pumpin.

17. Space Ghost

Doge is not necessarily a bad protocol. XRP is a **** protocol as was IOTA.

Doge creator simply ripped the BTC protocol and made its own unique adjustments. It was never intended to be a serious rival like Litecoin and never developed the protocol, thus leaving it vulnerable. Now that its network effect has drastically risen, the protocol is being upgraded. There are thoughts that Doge could turn into what many imagined BTC would turn into.... high volume peer to peer payments designed to be inflationary (BTC is deflationary).

6-7 years ago when BTC maximalist said BTC would surpass a million dollars per BTC, everyone laughed. Now anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand see a reality that is very much on pace to see BTC at 1 million in the next decade.

Now you have Marc Cuban saying Doge to $1, which is a 20x leap. I would laugh at this, but for the fact Litecoin is just not making any significant leaps to keep up with BTC. Ethereum is abandoning PoW for PoS. Ethereum is using 26TWh per year and BTC is at 120+ TWh per year and growing rapidly.

Bitcoin generates a block every ~10mins and creates 6.25BTC, creating ~300k every 10 mins.
    Ethereum generates a block every 14 seconds and creates 3.7878 Ethereum, creating roughly ~275k every 10 mins.
    Doge generates a block every 1 minute and creates 10,094, creating roughly $5,652 every 10 minutes.

Obviously Doge is not very profitable to mine which is why its not popular. However the kicker is Ethereum is going PoS, so there is over 26TWh of energy that will be transferred to a new protocol. There will be a lot of money to be made wherever these existing ethereum miners point their hardware towards once Ethereum goes PoS...but it definitely wont be Bitcoin. Doge could absorb much of this. @Xerobull probably could answer this better. If so, $1.00 Doge is not out of the question.

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

1. elon > fundamentals. besides tweets, i think he's actually bought a lot.
    2. auxpow with LTC makes it relatively secure
    3. i see people repeatedly bringing up doge's inflation/dilution, when its yearly dilution as a % of existing pool is currently lower than eth. adoption can easily outpace the inflation rate.
    4. it's just fun to see the cute dog coin go up :)

RedRedemption and dachuda86 like this.
  19. Space Ghost

Musk has stated he is an engineer, not an investor. Musk doesn't need to speculate on pennies.

Ethereum is still in beta and the yields still haven't been hammered out. Currently Ether/gas is being given to the miners where as in 2.0 it will be burned. I believe the model will be based on network effect; meaning as the protocol becomes oversaturated , algorithms will adjust the yields to push investors to other protocols.

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

There's speculation that a big node(?) that's been accumulating is his, and he tweets stuff like you're welcome after price spikes, presumably cos he just bought big. I think he just does it for fun/hobby, not a serious investment.

Space Ghost and dachuda86 like this.