1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

It's a patent company with 99% gross margin, so low revenue is ok. They are guiding for double digit top and bottomline growth. If they can just maintain 4q numbers, should be ok?

Edit: catalyst already in motion for q4 and beyond is the ps5 roll out. Article goes into other opportunities and was bullish when it was at $13. Most recent official analyst pt was $15 in December. Good chance for upgrade after today's earnings I think.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4401627-immersion-bet-on-optionality

#15701 saitou, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. adoo

adoo Member

from 95 to 67, has NET found the floor?

[​IMG]
    today's trading actions---bouncing off ~ 50% retracement level---show a spinning top, https://www.financeorigin.com/spinning-top-candlestick-pattern/
    • Very small actual body
    • The length of shadow should be more than the length of the body.
    • The more the length of the shadow, is considered to be a more powerful indication.
    • The color of the candle does not have much significance.
    It simply means that neither the buyers nor the sellers could gain the control of the market. Hence, the result was a standoff.
    If a spinning top form during a downtrend (preferably at bottom of trend), it generally means that there aren’t many sellers left and a possible trend reversal could occur.
    it requires a confirmation on the next trading day

STR8Thugg and saitou like this.
  3. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

They get killed on their operating margins though and how much growth can they scale from patent fees? I think they have a viable business but I personally can't justify the current valuation.

saitou likes this.
  4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

What i understand is that past management was really bad at controlling operating expenses, activists changed the management. Latest earnings shows that they've been slashing operating expenses, and goes thru their latest deals. Another past criticism of them is that they haven't been aggressive enough with litigation to protect ip theft, or sold/settled too cheaply. a lot of missed opportunities.
    https://ir.immersion.com/news-relea...rporation-reports-fourth-quarter-2020-results

5. adoo

adoo Member

while many tech have been bleeding, for this past week, the highly profitable MSFT declined a miniscule $0.50.

on Thu, trading actions showed a doji, "+", indicating hesitation among traders, suggesting that there may be a change in direction,
    which was later confirmed by Fri's large green candle on above avg volume

[​IMG]

fwiw, the doji appeared @ ~ 38% retracement level, awa the 50 dma,

sold a bullish PUT spread, collecting a premium of 2.65, defining my max risk of 2.35
    • bto 230 PUT, sto 235 PUT (Apr 23 exp)

saitou and Sajan like this.
  6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Was thinking of Jan 22 calls on aapl, $130 strike, $12++ premium. Googl and msft also considerations. Compared to stuff like cruises, these 3 look cheap - generating $ now with growth.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Looking kinda ugly early for NASDAQ stocks ...

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

let us know when stuff is looking cheap to u ok? means it's time to go in haha.

any online dcf calculators which are good? with all these worries over yields and valuations i thot i should start doing these things again lol. nibbled on some aapl. if it's down further at open, very tempted to buy calls. Next support at the 200 day MA?

#15708 saitou, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  9. AWIN

AWIN Member

GME looking good, might actually be a hedge short term lol

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Might run some more since there was some positive PR about Cohen.

08:37 AM EST, 03/08/2021 (MT Newswires) -- Gamestop (GME) on Monday appointed Chewy.com (CHWY) founder Ryan Cohen, who is also a director at the video game retailer, to lead a new committee that will focus on the company's transition to become an e-commerce business.

The committee, which also includes directors Alan Attal and Kurt Wolf, will focus on hiring executives that will lead the company's customer care and e-commerce segments, as well as recruiting a new chief financial officer with experience in the technology and e-commerce markets.

AWIN likes this.
  11. AWIN

AWIN Member

Just read that as well! Feels like GME is just waiting for an excuse for part two of this wild ride.

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am not in it this time.
    This is where I lose money when I get FOMO and go back in after making profits the first time around.
    Plus I am being more conservative with my account amid the SPAC/tech pull back...can't be losing funds which can be used to buy the dip (or crater) lol

CCity Zero and AWIN like this.
  13. AWIN

AWIN Member

I don't blame you! I was left holding the bags first time, actually back in the green at the moment (from being down 80%) and managed to average down a bit. It's taken a lot of self control for me not to dump any real money into it lol

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Diamond hands right there lol.
    The worst I have been down on a stock is -70% and I ended up cutting my losses (it was a penny).

15. AWIN

AWIN Member

Is this a squeeze, pump n dump or just FOMO at this point? Doesn't feel like a squeeze.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

Pump and dump everyday. It's funny at this point. Everyone's anticipating this squeeze and no one knows whether it's been squeezed or about to squeezed (squoze?)?

AWIN likes this.
  17. AWIN

AWIN Member

I mean between the delays in reporting short interest, the float, synthetic shares and all the other BS that WSB is using as an excuse who really knows right? I mean fundamentals are surely not in play here, or are they?

Then you deal with short ladders, long ladders I feel like going to Home Depot and stocking up on ladders just in case it helps? lol

Sajan likes this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Not fundamentals but technicals are...and seems like Cohen and company are using PRs at the right time too.

AWIN likes this.
  19. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I hope you're all diversifying. Retail and Travel have given me solid growth today which has more than offset tech. Airlines in particular are going to have a field day over the next few months as vaccination rates grow. And I figure Disney is in for some nice growth once the parks can get full capacity again. Six Flags and Sea World will get the same bounce.

I know the gigantic leaps in stock price for tech companies was addictive but the fundamentals never seemed to line up with reality. The travel industry seems to at least have some basis for growth and optimism.

20. AWIN

AWIN Member

So buy more GME, got it!